View all photos (19)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll start at
Vulytsya Instytut·sʹka, 4
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Strategic Missile Forces MuseumStop: 3 hours - Admission excludedICBM base consisted of 9 groups of launching facilities equipped with intercontinental ballistic missiles: RS-18 - 40 pcs.,RS-22 46 pcs. In the housing estate there were 22 military units and subunits located; Barracks - 6 buildings for 2966 persons; Dining rooms - 2 per 1500 seats; Training corps - 2 insisting of 57 classrooms; Vehicle fleet - 79 buildings for 160 units of equipment; Warehouse facilities - 9 warehouses for 102 carriages. Support object. At this object there was a complex of special constructions and buildings located, where special movable aggregates and machinery designed to keep launch silo and command points readiness for action, to carry out different kind of maintenance, corrective action of missile munitions. Combat alert duty - basic activity of the ISBM Base staff. To carry on the combat alert duty there were duty shifts posted, which fulfilled monitory and control tasks with missile munitions at control posts, which were equipped with facilities of combat control and communications, with technical and technological systems. Solitary helicopter squadron (air-transport subdivision) was earmarked for support and restoration of army troops to combat effectively, for anti-sabotage and reconnaissance actions of enemy groups, for different kind of aerial reconnaissance, for casualty air evacuation, for solution of transport task in execution of emergency rehabilitation and search-and-rescue work, for transfer of military staff and supplies. Since 1993 till 2001 in accordance with Complex Phase down and Liquidation programs of Missile complexes ICBM RS-18, RS-22 based on ICBM Pervomaisk liquidation works on launching silos, command posts and infrastructure of the base were held. Since 2002 it's a museum. The high light of the trip is being a descent 33 meters down to the bottom of the Unified Launch Control Center: - Take an underground corridor to the massive doors which lead to a self-contained silo-based 12-storey Command Post which could function sealed from the outside world for 45 days. - Sit in the Command seat and experience what Soviet officers could feel during the Cold War and being in charge of nine missiles SS-22. You can touch the button that could cause a catastrophe if pressed 18 years ago. Look inside SS-18 'Satan' Intercontinental Ballistic Missile - equipped with up to 10 warheads and 40 penaids - it used to give Soviet Union "first strike" advantage over the U.S. - it's operating range 10,200-15,200 km, Weight 209,600 kg (462,000 lb) Length 32.2 m (106 ft) Diameter 3.05 m (10.0 ft). Optionally at the end of the tour you can enjoy the Military Track Riding SA-13 "Gopher" (9K35 Strela-10) - 30 minutes in distance 5 km for the 1 or 2 persons.Read more
You'll end at
Vulytsya Instytut·sʹka, 4
Vulytsya Instytut·sʹka, 4, Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000Traveler's centrally located Hotel or Apartment in Kiev. Please inform centrally address of your stay in Kiev in your booking with Hotel name, house number and street name. In case You don't know your pick up location in Kiev we can meet you in Downtown at the Hotel Ukraina, Lobby area. Hotel Ukraina: 4 Institutskaya street, 01001, Kiev, Ukraine, ukraine-hotel.kiev.ua
See address & details
Vulytsya Instytut·sʹka, 4, Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Returns to original departure point
- Private guided tour
- Local Professional guide
- 2-hours walking tour with English speaking guide by the territory of Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private car or minivan, minibus
- Entrance fee to the territory of the Museum 80 Uah (about US$ 3 per person
- Admission cost and fee to be taken down by lift to the Launch Control Center 200Uah ( about US$ 8 per person)
- Military Track Riding SA-13 "Gopher" (9K35 Strela-10) with driver inctructor - 30 minutes in distance 5 km for the 1 or 2 persons 6000 Uah (about 230 US$ for 1-2 persons
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and photos are available to purchase
- Entry/Admission - Strategic Missile Forces Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Explore the History of the Soviet time Missile Force Base and nowadays Ukraine
- Another language speaking guide is on request. (subject for the pricing in extra payment)
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 2 more reviews on Viator
The tour itself warranted 5/5. We were led to believe that we would have an English speaking guide and driver. Our driver was unable to speak English which limited our ability to ask about the region we were driving to. The car had a very noticeable odor which was very…
Date of experience: March 2020
1 Helpful vote
I recommend without hesitation a visit to this former nuclear missile base, some three hours from Kiev, one of 17 which existed in the Ukraine during the Cold War. The scale of the infrastructure - tunnels, control centre 45 meters or 10 floods down - is staggering. Also on…
Date of experience: September 2019
I had a great time on this trip. The driver who picked us up from our apartment was punctual and spoke great English. He helped us out (a lot!) during lunch breaks by translating our food requests into Ukranian. It is quite a long drive there and back, but the car was…
Date of experience: February 2018
5 Helpful votes
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Excellent! Highly recommended
We went with some friends for a birthday. We had a great time! It was professional and well organized. Everyone wor…
Thank you so much for creating an amazing experience! For somebody who left Kyiv 26 years ago and had very little …
Excellent shooting experience
Has a really fun day with Alex and Dima at the shooting range. Both of them are highly professional and friendly, a…
We were a group of five from the UK. Had an amazing time and experience, guide was polite and spoke good English. G…
A sad, but well organised experience
The tour was well organised as we first had a guide, a driver and car to take us to the Barbi Jar Ravine and from t…
Good introduction to a charming Kiev district
Our very good and knowledgable guide gave us a very interesting walking tour from the upper Town to charming Podil.…
Fantastic day trip
I would highly recommend this day trip from Kyiv for anyone. It is such an eye opener and so astonishing to see the…
My son and I did this experience with 7 different guns. My son was fantastic and really enjoyed the buzz of it all…
Loved this tour with Miroslava...She was very knowledgable and friendly...we learnt a lot about the residence. Love…
Couldn’t find the meeting point.
Seems ridiculous to say that after 60 mins walking about we couldn’t, using the instructions provided, find the sta…
Great comprehensive walking tour of Kiev.
This was a very thorough walking tour of Kiev and covered all of the main sites. Even though we had to pay the entr…
A wonderful experience.
The tour was very comprehensive given the limited time available for such an interesting city. Myroslava is a very …
Booked on with my finance for the AK-47 and sniper rifle shooting package. Was picked up from hotel ukrainia and ta…
Had a great experience on the range. Booked package 2 which included 10 shots of different firearms. Alex was very …
At time of writing, freedom of access to Bankova is open all.
Bankova being free of guards means individuals can get near level access from the third exit from Kreshchatic Metro…
- Duration: 12h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Russian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 257 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 159 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv
What time does Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv start?
Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv on Tripadvisor
How much is Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv?
Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv price starts from US$136.22. Discover and book Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv on Tripadvisor
What is the Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv cancellation policy?
Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Military Tour of Missile Force Base from Kyiv on Tripadvisor