View all photos (97)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
Experience the waterfalls, forests, and ancient geology of Plitvice Lakes National Park even if you have just one day to spare on this day trip from Split or Trogir. With so much to explore, it can be hard to know where to start, so a guide leads you on one of the UNESCO-listed park’s most scenic hikes, plus a boat ride on one of the lower lakes and a sightseeing train. After a day immersed in some of Croatia's most spectacular landscapes, you'll be back at your hotel in time for dinner and a good night’s rest.
You’ll have 2 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Plitvice Lakes National ParkStop: 4 hours - Admission excludedOur comfortable, air-conditioned mini-van or bus will pick you up at the meeting point and head up through the countryside towards – Plitvice Lakes. The unity and harmony of 16 lakes and their rare natural and cultural value is not famous only throughout Croatia, but also worldwide; earning this remarkable national park a coveted place on UNESCO’s list of World Heritage sites. Arriving to Plitvice, we’ll walk through these ancient woodlands led by our experienced guide. The path takes us first across Gornja Jezera (Upper Lakes), a system of 12 lakes separated by travertine barriers. Then it’s time for a peaceful boat ride towards the second area called Donja Jezera (Lower Lakes), placed in a limestone canyon. The barriers, sills and other forms created in these lakes, karst rivers and streams are stil an ongoing process that shapes the wonderful landscapes that make your walk through the park so enjoyable. It’s these same travertine formations that have and are still creating the numerous magnificent waterfalls here. After optional lunch we will drive back to Split along the highway, still excited and full of lasting impressions—make sure your camera has extra batteries!Read more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Visit Plitvice Lakes National Park without a car
- Make the most of your time with a guided hike, boat ride, and train journey
- See some of the best views of the park’s upper and lower lakes
Obala Lazareta 4, 21000, Split, Croatia Ul. Kardinala Alojzija Stepinca 44, 21220, Trogir, Croatia
Returns to original departure point
- Transport with air conditioned comfortable passenger mini van or bus
- Official English speaking tour guide
- Road tolls and parking
- All taxes and VAT
- Skip the line admition
- Raincoats if needed
- Entrance ticket to Plitvice Lakes
- After sightseeing our guests will have the opportunity to have a lunch in a local restaurant.
- Entry/Admission - Plitvice Lakes National Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour includes prox. 5km of walking on uneven surfaces -please wear comfortable walking shoes (we visit highlights of both, the Lower Lakes and the Upper Lakes).
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- Not recommended for participants with walking disabilities
- Depending on the weather conditions some parts of the park may be restricted
- Here are few items you may need to make your time on the excursion the best of all: closed comfortable shoes (sneakers), sportswear, In case of rain raincoat or an umbrella. After summer time we recommend to bring also a warm sweater or jacket.
- Near public transportation
- Ticket for the National Park can only be purchased in Croatian currency (HRK) in cash
- Price of admition National Park entrance ticket: Adults: 160 HRK (April, May and October) / 300 HRK (June, July, August and September) Student*: 100 HRK (April, May and October) / 200 HRK (June, July, August and September) Children 7-17 years: 45 HRK (April, May and October) / 100 HRK (June, July, August and September) Children 0-6 years: Free of charge * Students must obtain and present their valid student ID card on the tour and in the park, otherwise will need to pay an adult price. ** Payment method: cash HRK, please prepare the exact amount *** Price of the entrance ticket includes boat and tram ride.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Portal Day Tours
Best tour guide ever
Flew to Splt from Rome for a trip to Medjugorje. Booked a day trip. Andrej picked us up at our hotel for the trip…
A really nice trip
I recommend this trip. The tour guide was very kind. Mostar is a very beautiful town. It is a pitty how much…
Plitvice Lakes day tour
Long day with crowded and rail-free boardwalks (in most places) but incredible scenery. Well worth a visit.
Picked up at port of Zadar - Plitvice bucket list item did not disappoint.
Plitvice is beautiful in October. It's a place we've wanted to see for years and literally chose the cruise we…
We had Tony and Tehu as our guide and driver. They were great and Tehu was a real comedian. The trip was…
Plitvice is stunning
We went with a small tour about 12 people which i think is much better than a large group to be able to enjoy the…
Breathtaking autumn colors at Plitvice lakes
What a day to remember! Picked up on time by a mini bus we headed towards Plitvice lakes, on the way to the lakes…
Hereford, United Kingdom116
Enjoyable and educational day out
We bought tickets at the Portal office on the harbour side in Trogir the day before. Michaela in the office was…
We were really looking forward doing this tour and it completely lived up to our expectations. Probably the best…
Informative and fun
We did the day trip to Krka National Park. The confirmation of the booking was prompt and the information about…
- Duration: 12h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071