View all photos (78)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
The Leshan Giant Buddha is the largest Buddha statue in the world, built in China during the Tang Dynasty. On this private tour to the UNESCO-listed site from Chengdu, you’ll hop a high-speed train, saving you valuable vacation time. Marvel at the 1,300-year-old seated Buddha on an informative guided tour, followed by a visit to a local fishing village. Hotel pickup and included lunch make for a seamless trip.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Chengdu East Railway Station East SquareStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)Stop: 4 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Chengdu East Railway Station East SquareStop: 2 hours -See details
See Important Information for details
- An in-depth tour of Leshan Giant Buddha with fishing village visit
- Travel by high-speed rail from Chengdu on an informative private tour
- Upgrade to a river cruise for spectacular views of the the statue
- Includes entrance fees, transportation, and lunch
What to Expect
Your guide will pick you up directly at your Chengdu hotel. Head to the Chengdu train station to a hop the high-speed railway to Leshan. You’ll pass by scenic seasonal landscapes, from springtime eruptions of yellow rapeseed flowers to crimson autumn harvests. Arriving at the Giant Buddha Park, you’ll get a firsthand peek at the massive monolith, a serene, seated Buddha emerging from a red clay cliff face. Take time to explore the 1,300-year-old site as you learn about the days of the Tang Dynasty in China. Then climb to the top of Lingyun Hill for a panorama of three rivers. You can also upgrade to an optional river cruise. Meet with local fishermen, discover 2,000-year-old grottoes, and enjoy a tasty local lunch in Old Leshan before heading back.
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Tasty lunch in authentic local restaurant
- Free hotel tour guide pickup and drop-off service with 3rd ring road.
- Private transportation in Leshan ( from Leshan railway station -Leshan Giant Buddha-lunch place-railway station)
- Public transportation(Metro or taxi) to/from Chengdu railway station from Chengdu hotel
- Entry/Admission - Chengdu East Railway Station East Square
- Entry/Admission - Leshan Giant Buddha (Da Fo)
- Private expenses
- River Cruise to view Leshan Giant Buddha(70rmb/person),according to the actual situation,if there was a long queue on the top to go down the foot of Giant Buddha, river cruise is recommended instead waiting for a long time on the top.
- Hotel pick-up&drop-off surcharge if the hotel is out of 3rd ring road
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please provide all travelers' names & passport numbers at time of booking for purchasing train tickets
- Subject to availability of high speed train. If canceled due to no train ticket, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- During busy season, there might be a wait of more than an hour to go down to the foot of Giant Buddha. In this case, a river cruise is recommended (own expense).
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Other language((besides English and Chinese) tour guide is depend on the availability
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
About the operator
Clanwilliam, South Africa70
The guide was essential
Fi-Fi was amazing and so fun! My teenagers loved her! We would not have managed to fit everything into one day,…
Took the Cruise to view from the River
Brief river ride of 30mins. Only stay in front of the Buddha for 5mins or so so everyone is grappling and fighting…
Hong Kong, China20
Leshan Buddha , emei Shan above the cloud line
Well arranged tour, it was not rushed as I went in low season , sunday and Monday. time planning was perfect. …
One day tour, Pandas and Leshan.
A packed day, Sharlene was very patient with us having 3 small children 6/4yrs and 11mnths. She found a great…
Westchinago makes everything so easy!
Lily is amazing and helped me for a few months before my trip answering all of questions and helped me pick the…
Best day with the pandas
We had the best day ever! All thanks to Lily- she was the most patient to all our questions and replied so fast.…
WestChinaGo Day Tours
I booked two day tours with WestChinaGo through Lily Chen - Dujiangyan Panda Base Volunteer for the day, and on…
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia31
Chengdu, Leshan and Er Mei
We booked the tour with Ms. Lily, who is very nice and sympathetic, the same as our driver, Sun Lin. Sun Lin is…
Unforgettable volunteering day with Panda
An unforgettable day at Wolong Panda Center, everything has been perfect. They came to pick us up at our hotel to…
Greater Perth, Australia112
Giant Buddha area only
We had an Excellent Guide and took our time climbing up to the top of the local buddha by another route than the…
- Duration: 7–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, German, Japanese, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071