View all photos (67)
Book by April 6 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Explore the world of infamous drug trafficker Pablo Escobar during this private guided tour in Medellin. Hear stories about the man who formed the Medellin Cartel and was known as one of the most powerful criminals in the world. The tour takes you to significant locations from his life, including the cemetery where he’s buried.
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Medellin TravelsStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 2Los Olivos neighborhoodStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 3Cementerio Jardines MontesacroStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Parque de SabanetaStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Cancha El DoradoStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Monasterio Santa Gertrudis La MagnaStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
See Important Information for details
- Get a taste of Medellin by tracing the life of Pablo Escobar
- Private tour with morning and afternoon start times
- Tour upgrade includes a visit to Escobar's “jail” in the mountains
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from certain parts of Medellin is included
What to Expect
After being picked up at your Medellin hotel (in El Poblado and Laureles areas only), begin your private tour with a guide, exploring the Colombian city through the life of drug kingpin Pablo Escobar. Stop at the church where Escobar sought “blessings” for the bullets his cartel planned to use, plus other sights including the house where he was murdered and the cemetery where he’s buried. Plus, along the way, snack at one of Escobar’s favorite eateries. Choose the tour upgrade and visit La Catedral, a vacation home that served as Escobar’s makeshift jail after he surrendered in 1991. He escaped authorities in 1992 and died in a shootout in 1993. At the end of the tour, get dropped off at your Medellin hotel.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Cementerio Jardines Montesacro
- Entry/Admission - Parque de Sabaneta
- Entry/Admission - Cancha El Dorado
- Entry/Admission - Monasterio Santa Gertrudis La Magna
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the tours duration can be anywhere from 3 to 5 hours depending on traffic, climate conditions, and whether you annexed the La Catedral upgrade option. We cover all points included in the description regardless of how long it may take
- Please specify what departure time you prefer: 9am or 1:30pm.
- Do not come intoxicated or under the influence of any substance, or bring anything illegal in our vehicles. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone under these conditions.
- Provide us with the precise address to your hotel. If you are staying in an apartment, we also need the name of the building.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Medellin Travels
London, United Kingdom11
Carlos my private guide was amazing with all his knowledge about pablo, I was really impressed with the tour. I…
An interesting insight into a different history!
The tour provides an overview of what it was like in Medellín in the 1980s and 90s. This is a part of the city's…
Was such an amazing tour, got picked up from the hotel at the Poblado, car was nice, guide was fluent english…
An Interesting Tour
Good communication beforehand confirming pick up from our hotel . Daniella our guide arrived in good time and…
Jorge (tourguide) is really great!
I would really recommand this tour! We had a private tour with Jorge and it was amazing! Jorge is great, he knows…
Santa Fe, New Mexico30
The good: Responsive to emails and timely with pick up and instructions The bad: While we had a decent time…
Perfect Day Trip
I was a little concerned initially with spending the money on a private tour, but I am very glad I did. Our guide…
Amazing day exploring the Colombian jungle
We had an amazing day with Medellin Travels exploring the Rio Claro jungle area. We were picked up in a clean van…
Excellent tourism agency.
We traveled to Colombia because it is near our country Ecuador, and it is very convenient that dollars are…
Pablo Escobar tour
Excellent visit of Pablo Escobar ties to the city. Alex was very knowledgeable in world history and gave us facts…
- Duration: 3–5 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071