Chiang Rai City & Temples
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (10)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
This is a half day tour aimed at taking you to the main sites of Chiang Rai. Visit the main market area and Wat Phra Kaew Chiang Rai, where the famous Emerald Buddha (in Bangkok) was found in A.D. 1434. Visit also Wat Doi Thong, with its Navel Pillars, overlooking the Mae Kok River, and King Meng Rai’s Monument with its annual festival in February. Then visit Wat Rong Khun, also called “The White Temple”; inside it contains murals and paintings of the Buddha image and painted enamel ceramic floor. The outside was created with lime sculpture Thai designs decorated with small pieces of mirror that make the building sparkle and shine under the sunlight.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Wat Phrathat Doi TongStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Wat Rong KhunStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Wat Phra Kaeo (Temple of the Emerald Buddha)Stop: 25 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Guided tour of Chiang Rai City, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Phra That Doi Chom Thong, and Wat Rong Khun
- Roundtrip transportation from/to Chiang Rai hotels
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Wat Phrathat Doi Tong
- Entry/Admission - Wat Rong Khun
- Entry/Admission - Wat Phra Kaeo (Temple of the Emerald Buddha)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any food, drinks or snacks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At least 2 people are required for this activity to take place. Single traveler may book this product, but is subject to availability and cancellation if minimum number of people is not met on the activity day. (Alternative date or refund will be offered should this occur.).
- Children 1 and younger are complimentary
- Children 11 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Pick up from all hotels in the Chiang Rai city area. Pick up from Golden Triangle hotels may be requested at an additional charge.
- Most travellers can participate
- Should your travel plans change after booking, do not worry. I Asia Thailand will do all possible to change your booking to fit with your new travel arrangements free of charge.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: I Asia Thailand
Best waterpark in Hua Hin... but terrible organized and expensive
Went there shortly after their re-opening. Access is apparently limited to max 600 people. We went half an hour aft…
Excellent food and great all round experience on the river
An amazing evening. Food was delicious, views were beautiful and the staff were amazing. You pay for drinks separat…
Dream world is a perfect place to enjoy and have fun
It was very fun at dream world. The best for me was the Hurricane, Sky Coaster & the tornado. The thrilling moment …
A Cruise of Excellence
This is a high end introduction to Bangkok with this dinner cruise. We had a great welcome by the staff and they r…
Fast and easy service. Will definitely book it again next time
The electric transfer service is superb and convenient! It's only took a few min waiting time in order to get our …
This was a great and special evening
Amazing experience! We got very good seats, we could see the matches very well. Definitely cheaper if you buy ticke…
Really awesome experience, worth booking!
We booked the morning class and this has a tour at the local market which i liked because i wanted to see what new …
Very informative and very organized tour, with ample time per temple
This tour should be at the top of everyone's list. Extremely enjoyed this tour, plus we had a great guide Beer. He …
Great half day overview of phuket. Beaches were great!
Our tour guide Leee was very nice and informative. We visited 2 viewpoints, wat chalong the temple, phuket old town…
Interesting tour - lots to see and learn!
We loved this tour and so glad we choose the private tour as our guide Ms Julia was great. She was full of useful i…
Love everything about the tour! We enjoyed it very much
Wonderful trip, really interesting to find out about the history from our guide Nicky, he was very knowledgeable an…
Very nice experience and the tour guide was friendly and cheerful
Damnoen Saduak is a must when you are Thailand. I Asia Thailand made this easy. A bus ride that is 2hrs long is not…
Beautiful relaxing cruise with a full dinner
Nice relaxing cruise up and down river. The food was excellent with many choices. No need to rush to buffet as topp…
Fantastic morning out with our own guide and driver!
The pick up was efficient and punctual. The guide Ms Tip could speak English and also we booked a private tour as …
Long day, but fascinating glimpse of history! Get a private tour, avoid the crowds
We really loved this tour and so glad we choose the private tour as our guide, Ms Julie was great. Full of useful i…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 2,076 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Chiang Rai City & Temples
Which attractions will I visit with Chiang Rai City & Temples?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Chiang Rai City & Temples on Tripadvisor
How much is Chiang Rai City & Temples?
Chiang Rai City & Temples price starts from US$54.68. Discover and book Chiang Rai City & Temples on Tripadvisor
What is the Chiang Rai City & Temples cancellation policy?
Chiang Rai City & Temples cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Chiang Rai City & Temples on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Chiang Rai City & Temples?
Chiang Rai City & Temples is hosted by I Asia Thailand. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact I Asia Thailand on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Chiang Rai City & Temples on Tripadvisor