Lowest price guarantee
Ages 3-99, max of 14 per group
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Day Tour
- San Blas Boat Tour
- Snorkel Equipment during boat tour
- Entry/Admission - San Blas Islands
- Entry/Admission - Isla Perro
- Entry/Admission - San Blas Islands
- Guna Entrance Fee paid to border patrol ($22 for Internationals, $7 for Panamanian residents)
- Start:Multiple pickup locations offered.
- Carti Parking and Boat Terminal, F23C+W2C, Warsobtugua, PanamaThe tour starts in the port of Carti. Contact our office for exact driving directions and instructions. Plan to arrive no later than 8:30am. Only 4x4 vehicles are allowed entry into San Blas territory. All other cars and SUVs will not be allowed to enter the territory and you will lose your tour.
Hotel pickup offeredDuring checkout you will be able to select from the list of included hotels.Airport pickup offeredDuring checkout you will be able to select from the list of included airports.
- If booking with transportation from Panama City: IF YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED YOUR WHATSAPP NUMBER AND PICK UP INFORMATION (HOTEL NAME & ROOM NUMBER) YOUR TOUR IS NOT CONFIRMED AND WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PICK YOU UP. On the day of your tour, please be ready to be picked up from your hotel between 5:00am and 5:30 am, and wait in the lobby. Since we have shared transportation with up to 6 guests per car, our drivers choose the best route to pick up all guests in a timely manner. To avoid any delays we appreciate your cooperation in being on time. If you are not at your designated pick up point (and waiting in the lobby!), you will loose your tour without refund. The driver will try his best in contacting you via WhatsApp. Please understand that the driver cannot wait longer than 10 minutes before continuing to the next pick up destination, in order to provide timely service for all of the other guests. If driving on your own to San Blas: Please contact our office for exact driving directions and instructions. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ONLY 4X4 CARS ARE PERMITTED TO ENTER THE TERRITORY. We have many guests who arrive in a regular SUV (such as Hyundai Tucson or similar), but are not allowed to enter, because the SUV is not a 4x4 and is considered too small or not suitable for the treacherous roads.
End:This activity ends back at the meeting point.
- Tocumen Intl Airport, Panama City Panama
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127626P10
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- We will check the availability of the cabin and will send you a confirmation mail.
- Departure time is between 5:00am and 5:45am from your Panama City lodging. If staying at Playa Bonita area, your departure time is between 5:00am - 5:30am.(If choosing our optional round trip transportation service)
- You are welcome to bring a cooler with your own drinks, potable water, snacks and beverages (fruit juice or alcohol). The driver will stop at a supermarket on the way to San Blas in order for you to purchase additional items.
- Check out from your cabin on the island is at 8:00am and you should be back in Panama City between 6-7pm.
- PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT. WITHOUT IT, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE GUNA TERRITORY AND THE SAN BLAS ISLANDS.
- Please be advised that San Blas is in the Guna territory, which is an autonomous, Indian zone. The services are very basic and most cabins are minimalistic. The Gunas will be providing all touristic services, such as meal preparations, car and boat transportations, lodging, and tour guiding. We are proud to be working with this friendly tribe and with each booking we give back to the community, supporting their customs and their traditional way of life. We kindly ask you to respect this beautiful culture and their simple way of life, leaving your expectations behind and learning about their innocent culture.
- Aside from using generators for electricity, there are no amenities and utilities as you are used to from the city. Food is basic, yet freshly prepared such as fresh fried fish, mixed seafood, chicken or lobster (at extra chrge) with salad, rice or plantains.
- We recommend that you bring your personal hygiene items, such as towels, sunscreen, hats, mosquito repellent.
- In San Blas Islands there are no ATMs, please bring cash. You can buy additional drinks, snacks, souvenirs etc.
- “Tigo” is the cell phone company that has the best reception in San Blas.
- There are no electrical outlets in the huts, only light. You can recharge your phones and cameras in the main house.
- Infants need to sit on laps
- The usage of drones has been made illegal in the islands of San Blas. Heavy fines have been imposed on those who ignore the law. Please don’t do it!
- PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR A 2.5 to 3 HOUR CAR JOURNEY EACH WAY OVER BAD ROADS WITH POTHOLES, SLOW CURVES AND OFF-ROAD SECTIONS! THERE IS ALSO A 25-30 MINUTE BOAT RIDE TO YOUR FIRST ISLAND WHICH CAN GET QUITE BUMPY AND WET. We feel that the islands are worth the long drive, but some travelers have complained about the roads and the fast boat ride from and to the port. While we strive to provide our guests the best service and an unforgettable experience in San Blas, we are not responsible for road and ocean conditions, and we would like you to be aware of this fact :)
- IMPORTANT SAN BLAS DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ! While San Blas is a beautiful island archipelago with stunning beaches and clear waters, it also has its downsides, for which we would like to make you aware off. In San Blas only the Kuna population is allowed to work in the territory. The services and infrastructure are not what most of us are used to. Kunas are not very service oriented and can often seem shy or reserved. A stay in San Blas can be compared to a camping vacation that offers minimal comfort, services and amenities. We strongly advise those who have 5 star expectations to think twice before embarking on this adventure. We do have alternative tours in Panama with more high-end services. We really care about our reputation and we want our guests to enjoy their vacation with us. We attempt to be as transparent as possible in order to set guest expectations from the start. We do not own any of the islands and we pride ourselves in providing excellent service during your booking process and attempting to assist you during your San Blas vacation. However, please remember that we cannot guarantee the same excellent service during your stay in San Blas. Please read all the below information well! San Blas is very rustic without the amenities and standards you might be used to from home. Compared to places such as Tahiti and Maldives that are managed by international hotel chains, San Blas has remained autonomous without the influence of outsiders. When visiting San Blas, it should be viewed as a cultural experience where guests live with the Kunas and respect their traditions and their primitive ways of living. No air condition - None of the islands offer A/C, some cabins don’t have fans either. No Wifi - You can buy a prepaid SIM card (Tigo or Digicel), which may or may not have signal. No luxury facilities - Bathrooms may be dirty, sinks may get clogged, sheets may be old Electricity is only available between 6:00pm and 6:00am. Cabins don’t have outlets. Electric devices can be charged in the restaurant. Water is a precious commodity in San Blas. It is either brought in by boat or pumped from the island well, which may have a significant salt content. Oftentimes pumps can malfunction and cause water outages. Beds and mattresses can be uncomfortable and sheets are old and worn. What seems like trash and clutter around the local huts, are items and tools that Kunas re-use for their daily lives. Please respect the fact that you will spend your time living alongside the Kunas who have different traditions and values. All services will all be handled by the indigenous Kuna. While we strive to provide the best service possible and train the Kuna in customer management, some of the below services are often out of our control. Car transportation - the ride to San Blas takes 2.5 to 3 hours, with 1.5 hours over slow, curvy roads with potholes. For those with motion sickness, please prepare accordingly. The transportation is in a shared 4x4 SUV, with one seat up front, three seats in the middle row and 2 seats in the back row. Seats are assigned randomly. Those who require additional space in the car must purchase an extra seat. Pick up from your lodging is scheduled between 5:00am and 5:30am, but can sometimes be as late as 5:45am depending on the timeliness of other guests that we pick up. Out of respect for all others in the car we ask everyone to wait in the lobby of their building at 5:00am. If you are not at the designated meeting point, the driver will make an effort to locate you, but he cannot delay the transportation by more than 10 minutes. No refunds are awarded to guests who don’t show up on time. Boat transportation - depending on weather and ocean conditions, the 20-40 minute boat ride might be bumpy and wet with ocean spray. Luggage is stored in the front of the boat and covered with tarps. Island cabin management - cabins are very rustic and facilities, such as showers and bathrooms are often “home-made” with PVC pipes. Some guests have complained that sheets are old. Please bring your own if you require fresh smelling sheets. Island kitchen - meal plans are repetitive and food might taste bland, without the use of spices. Additional food, drinks and snacks can be purchased on the way to San Blas. The driver will stop at a grocery store. Most Kunas DO NOT speak English. Please attempt to resolve any cabin related issues and requests directly with the island management. Trash is a worldwide problem and unfortunately San Blas has not been spared from the ever increasing issue. During certain tides and ocean and wind conditions plastic trash from throughout the Caribbean ocean accumulates on the beaches of San Blas. While the local Kuna are working hard to collect the constant flood of plastic trash washing up on their beaches, guests will nevertheless find evidence of plastic spread out on the island. Furthermore, Kunas tend to collect certain “trash” and re-use it for their purposes. For instance, a collection of empty gas canisters has been re-used to create a Christmas tree. During the wet months (April - December) or during windless days, all of San Blas experiences sandflies, which are little blood-sucking flies that leave itchy marks. Please ensure to bring insect repellent and prepare to return to Panama City with a few itchy memories. Some islands, such as Isla Wailidup tend to have more than others. Weather: Panama is located in the Intertropical Convergence Zone, which means that the weather is very unpredictable and is impossible to forecast with accuracy. The weather forecast will usually show rain and thunderstorms for most days of the year, when in reality there are oftentimes beautiful, sunny days in San Blas. Please do not rely on the weather forecast in Panama. Due to the tropical conditions in San Blas rain can occur at any time and we do not offer refunds for rainy days. Guests who stay in cabins and would like to return earlier than their scheduled departure date must notify our reservation team one day before by 5:00pm via WhatsApp found on your ticket, in order for us to arrange your return transfer. No refunds apply for early departures. Due to the complexity of the logistics involved with each reservation in San Blas (arranging cars, boats, tours, cabins and meals), we kindly ask our guests to adhere to the itinerary schedule sent to them in advance of their trip to San Blas. For any changes in schedule, you must first contact our office at least one day before by 5:00pm and we will attempt to accommodate your request. Travel Emergencies: The San Blas islands are located in a very remote region of Panama. We ask all guests to be responsible for their own well being and to be aware that medical assistance can often not be provided right away. The closest medical facility in San Blas is very basic and can only provide assistance for minor issues. Guests with injuries such as broken bones that require more specialized treatment need to be transported to Panama City. Guests are responsible for all charges arising from a medical emergency, such as boat and car transportation and medical care. We suggest all guests to carry a Travel Insurance to cover emergency expenses. For more information, please check your ticket for the travel insurance link. We kindly ask our guests to lower their expectation when visiting San Blas and to focus on the beautiful remote paradise that San Blas has remained despite the effects that modern society has caused to them. The Kunas are very gentle and kind people, but can also be somewhat shy at times. When approaching them with a smile and an open heart you will be guaranteed an innocent, happy smile in return. Arriving with the right mindset and expectation usually guarantees an unforgettable experience, where guests are able to focus on the beauties of the islands, beaches, ocean and the people, rather than on the limitations that we mentioned above.
- The road to San Blas is very curvy with lots of hills and off-road sections. If you are sensitive to motion sickness, please prepare accordingly by bringing appropriate medication.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals?
- 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals price starts from S$203.60. Discover and book 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals on Tripadvisor
- What is the 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals cancellation policy?
- 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals?
- 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals is hosted by Tao Travel 365 - Panama. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tao Travel 365 - Panama on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 2D & 1N - Private Cabin on San Blas Island INCLUDING Tour + All Meals on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 127626P10
Reserve your spot
Day 1 : Explore and enjoy...
Check-out from cabin at 8am and...
About the operator
Tao Travel 365 - Panama
Panama City, Panama
Joined in March 2019
#4 of 68 Food & Drink in Panama City
- briannJ1582OE00A nice, varied tourVisiting and feeding the monkeys was very cool and boating into the canal alongside large freighters was a memorable experience. But in the end we ran out of time and did not get enough 'sloth time' for our liking. We spent time there looking at orchids, butterflies and frogs first and then finally visited the sloths. But then it was time to leave too soon. Just how the schedule went with the Sanctuary, I guess. Our guide Oscar was great...friendly, funny, and knowledgeable.
- ivancillej00Out and aboutFirst off, public transportation in Barbados were very efficient and will get you exactly where you want to go, the yellow buses which they call vans are privately owned and the price is still the same at a low cost of $3.50 Bajan, which is equivalent to just about $2.00us. There are also the ZR buses which are white and charge the same price of $3.50 Bajan a trip per person, they are called ZR's because their license plate numbers start with ZR. The views were exquisite in and around Bridgetown where i stayed very close to,in the pine lands. i walked around alot in bridge town and enjoyed the views of the lagoon, yachts, the infrastructure of beautiful buildings an nice roads. there were many places to eat, such as the very popular Chefette, KFC, burger king, subway and many more small restaurants and bakeries to choose from. the beaches are a must sea for their beautiful white sand, i went to Carlise Bay, Where you will find browns beach ,close to Savy on the beach; a very popular beach bar, where you can rent out beach chairs and umbrellas and book jet ski rides, and ofcourse, get all your refreshing drinks. Higher up from browns beach you have pebbles beach, another lovely white sand beach, with warm water and shallow swimming areas. The banks are efficient and you could get your foreign currency changed to Bajan, as long as you carry your passport with you or two other forms of id such as driver;s license and social security card. My experience was great, and if you are searching for a two bedroom self service family style home i recommend 'Shalom EastWest guest house located on the EastWest boulevard, sherwood lane in the PineLands of St.Michael. I hope You enjoy your trip as much as i did and that you get to explore even more of the island..Have a good one.
- yuridelisd202200Everything was excellent!Amazing! Love the people I ended up with, had a great time. Both tour guides were great! (The driver, Adrian and then the Guna Yala guide). The beaches, Caribbean Sea is beautiful! 100% would do it again 🏽😁
- Jose G00Would do it againHad a great time. To get to the islands takes a while and it’s rough terrain but the staff is great and once there, heaven!!
- Bridge The G00Cultural Enthusiast WelcomeWhat an amazing day! Definitely not for those who can't walk a couple miles or follow trails with inclines. Definitely wear shoes with a good grip that you dont mind getting filthy. Wear swimwear under a tank and shorts as you will walk through small streams that may be calf high depending on the rain. Wear bug repellant and sunscreen. Learning about the Embera people and eating freshly caught and fried tilapia was the highlight of the trip. They have handmade trinkets for sale too. Definitely a great way to spend the day
- shesfanci00Amazing time!Great tour with great driver, company and boat service. Hotel pick up was seamless. It is worth it to wake up early and enjoy the islands for the day with locals and other travelers. San Blas is beautiful!
- Pioneer3264401103300San Blast!Wonderful experience from drive with sitings of toucans and orchids to miraculous beaches and meal. Coco Loco rules! Ask them to peel it when you're done with drink, sweet meat.
- Lena C00Great guide!We had an action packed day with our guide Ali. Turned out we were the only 2 people so it was like a private tour. We started with Monkey Island but to get there, the small motorboat takes you into the Panama Canal with very large boats. We saw three different kinds of monkeys and a crocodile. Then we went to the Embera Village in wooden canoes. We had a tour, met with the leader, had lunch and a dance and back to our hotel by 3:30. A full day! Ali, our guide, was the real highlight all day. He stopped at a supermarket for us, found the clean bathrooms and was so friendly we felt like we’d known him for years.
- Tourist1113449913100Excelente trip to San Blas!Absolutely, a beautiful place!!! We got to see so much of the islands within a day. The sun was out so it just made the experience even better. Lunch and snack included with our trip and all the guides were very nice. Adrian, our driver was knowledgeable about the Island and Panamá city. The road it’s a little bumpy but I would definitely recommend it to anyone to visit San Blas.
- Michael L00Amazing Excursion to Monkey Island & Sloth Sanctuary!Daniel was an incredible guide. My wife and I enjoyed this trip so much! Loved riding in the Panamá Canal & seeing a few large ships. The amount of wildlife we saw far exceeded our expectations. Toucans, 3 different types of monkeys, a sloth in the wild, & even a crocodile were the highlights! Feeding the monkeys was so much fun. Poison frogs were really cool. Going to the Sloth Sanctuary & seeing them up close was amazing. We so recommend that you take this excursion during your time in Panamá - totally 100% worth it!!
- Carlos I00Great day trip!Great day trip to the Guna Yala archipelago! Very well organized, and on time. The driver was prompt and courteous. The guide, boat captain, and assistants were exceptional. The food was as expected. Yadiel tours was in charge of our trip. Two thumbs up!
- judithwF4676JN00Highly recommend!Our tour was fantastic. Daniel was our tour guide, and he was amazing! The boat tour was the best! We saw about 20 different animals from the boat and Daniel told us about all of them. The monkeys coming on to the boat was a highlight. We saw 3 different types of monkeys. Saw frogs, butterflies, frogs and 2 sloths in the sanctuary. The guide at the sanctuary was so friendly and gave us lots of information.
- Passport0379940872000Great adventure, beautiful coral and fish.Great adventure. Beautiful islands, sand, palm trees, and crystal clear water. The snorkeling was very good, with big beautiful fan corals and schools of vivid blue fish at the first island out at the reef edge. Magical. No bugs while we were there. The roads and facilities were rustic as advertised. The traffic was crazy, so we were glad we did not drive ourselves. The lunch was bigger and better than expected, very filling. One thing that would make it better would be to provide swim fins to those who want them to go deeper, and the tidal currents were pretty strong to swim against at times without them. But overall the tour was a high point of our trip!
- korinnag202300Awesome wildlife excursion!Fantastic time exploring Lake Gatun and Gamboa Reserve. Ali, our guide, was awesome! He shared so much about every location we visited and made sure we saw lots of wildlife (capybara, crocodiles, coyotes, bats, monkeys, tree frogs, sloths). We have great photos from the trip and made memories we will never forget!
- JessicaAnne831300Amazing Trip!Amazing Trip!!! Where do I start? This has been by far the best experience during our Panama vacation. San Blas is absolute paradise! We booked a couple of tours with Tao Travel and both tours were planned and executed to perfection. Drivers showed up on time, very professional and polite. The Kunas on our island were very kind and gave us more background about their culture and traditions. We were told that the Kunas are somewhat reserved, which is true. So we approached them and curiously asked them questions, which were responded with affection and friendly conversations. We do speak some Spanish, which definitely helps. The room was clean and very basic as advertised. We didn't mind the rough accommodations since we spent most of our time outside swimming, snorkeling and kayaking. We can't wait to come back here soon and visit our new Kuna friends again.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Very unorganized. When we arrived nobody knew what boat for us to get on. We were not warned of the rough seas! Good thing we don't have back problems. Besides being sopping wet when we finally arrived, our luggage was damaged by the rough seas. They should of cancelled the trip but instead took us to an island and cancelled the rest of the excursions. Good thing we brought our own food as well. I give it a big thumbs down.
Written 3 March 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
We are very sorry to hear your frustration about your stay in San Blas. We try to do our utmost to provide the best service and communication at our booking agency and we are proud to say that we have an amazing reservation team that is very communicative. Unfortunately, services in San Blas are rendered by the indigenous Kuna. We do our best to arrange logistics with them and teach them about customer service. During the high season, the port may get busy and seem unorganized, but rest assured our team has everything under control and guests always find their way to the island :) Regarding the rough seas, we explicitly state this fact in our listing. We hope that all guests read all the details and our San Blas Disclaimer in the listing to properly prepare themselves for their San Blas adventure. It can be an adventure, but if properly prepared guests usually return with amazing memories, having had their expectations well prepared from the start. The weather is unfortunately out of our control and we do our best to provide a great service to all of our guests. It was windy, which is normal during this time of the year. We hope you understand that the trip cannot be canceled because of 15 knot winds. There are two or three days during the year when the port authority closes the ports due to dangerous storms and ocean swells and we cancel all trips to San blas. This was NOT one of those events. We hope you enjoy the remainder of your Panama vacation.
Written 4 March 2023
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
We spent our last two days in Panama here in San Blas and wish we had come to this paradise earlier. It's important to know that the cabins are very basic and guests shouldn't expect much inn terms of service and amenities and take San Blas paradise for what it is. Amazing beaches, sweet Kunas population that still lives with very traditional means, cooking over open fires and foraging their food from the ocean. It was such an honor to meet them and learn more about their ways to live. We also took a boat tour to other islands which is highly recommended. The longer journey from Panama City to the port was not all too bad for us (after reading many bad reviews). We saw a sloth in the road and enjoyed the jungle highlands, which to us felt like a whole experience in itself. Overall, we loved it and we will plan another trip back to San Blas, staying a few more days next time.
Written 24 September 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.