View all photos (82)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll start at
Mount Roberts Tramway
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Above & Beyond AlaskaStop: 45 minutes -See details
- 2Mendenhall GlacierStop: 4 hours -See details
You'll end at
Mount Roberts Tramway
490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USAThe “C” Sign, located near the cruise ship docks directly between Mt. Roberts Tramway and the green Taku Smokeries building, is our centralized downtown meeting location for all clients in the downtown area.
See address & details
Mount Roberts Tramway, 490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Pick-up and drop-off from designated meeting points
- All necessary paddling and glacier equipment
- Rain gear and rubber boots
- National Park fees
- Paddling and safety instructions
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Age minimum of 12 years or older only
- Safety harnesses fit up to 45 inch waist sizes. Not able to accommodate larger waist sizes. Max. weight is 250lbs per person
- You must include the following in the comments section when booking: rain gear & shoe sizes for each passenger, (for adult men and women, S-XXL and youth, S-L) and any pertinent medical information
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide their ship's name
- At time of booking, clients staying locally must provide the name of their place of lodging
- At the time of booking, clients must provide the following for each participant: name, age, height/weight, rain gear and shoe size, and any pertinent information regarding medical issues (or history) and allergies.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- All participants must be physically capable of paddling 5-6 miles round-trip and hiking/trekking approx. 2 miles round-trip
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All participants are required to sign a waiver before beginning the trip
- A specific amount of time on the ice cannot be guaranteed. The amount of time on the glacier is dependent on the group's pace and weather conditions.
- Visiting specific features such as ice caves, moulins, etc. cannot be guaranteed due to the constantly changing nature of the Mendenhall Glacier. Your guide will assess the hazards on the day of the trip to determine if a particular area is safe to trek upon or enter.
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Maximum weight limit is 250 lbs per person
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
About the operator
By: Above & Beyond Alaska
Coolest and most fun tour ever
While on an Inside Passage cruise my son picked out the Paddle and Trek tour on Mendenhall Glacier as the…
Hey, This review is long overdue, but we finally got to sit down and organize the pictures from our trip to AK.…
Our family of 4, including 2 teenagers will remember this for the rest of our lives. The paddle was more of a…
Best Tour Ever!!!
Want to give a shout out to Boy Casey. We had a wonderful tour. He went out of his way, was very safe minded and…
Great glacier & ice climbing experience !
Above & Beyond Alaska are a really great company - professional, friendly, helpful, locally owned by guides (with…
Kayak and gourmet tour
Absolutely lovely. Our tour guide Miles was very informative, very friendly, and very helpful. Our group had young…
It was an incredible and amazing experience!
We went on the Mendenhall glacier paddling and trek and it was amazing! We were a group of 7 and all of us enjoy…
Incredible Tour - Such a Unique & Fun Trip!
We had an incredible trip paddling Mendenhall Lake and trekking on Mendenhall Glacier! It was our first time…
This was by far one of the best things we did while in Alaska. Our guides were the best and very knowledgable…
Great active, educational, safe...and unique...experience
Even though we were on a cruise we made our reservations directly with ABAK; it saved money and most of the others…
- Duration: 6h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071