View all photos (93)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Eat and drink your way through Carmel, a beautiful small town just down the coast from Monterey. Walk with a guide and an intimate group, as you enjoy the gourmet delights of this affluent California enclave. Learn about the town’s history and culinary culture while indulging on locally sourced and internationally inspired cuisine, wine, and chocolate. Samples amount to a full lunch and all are included in the tour.
- Savor Carmel’s sophisticated food culture on this indulgent walking tour
- Eat and drink your way through town with an insider guide and small group
- Take in the beauty and history of California’s Central Coast
- Enjoy what adds up to a full lunch of included food and wine samples
What to Expect
Meet your guide at the Sunset Cultural Center in downtown Carmel. From there, your small group will set out to explore the culinary culture of this former artist colony, learn its history, and savor its delicious cuisine. As you stroll down secret alleys and through tidy town squares, you’ll visit restaurants, fashionable bars, and gourmet food shops while learning about the “locavore” movement. Possible stops might include Trio Carmel, Terry’s Lounge, Lula’s Chocolates, Anton & Michel, Casanova Restaurant, and Affina Food and Wine. At each stop, you’ll sample house specialties from olive oil to risotto, cocktails to gnocchi, fine wine to locally produced sweets. After a leisurely walk of more than 1 mile (1.6 kilometer)—suitable for adults of virtually all fitness levels—your tour ends by early afternoon. The tastings should add up to an average lunch, leaving you satisfied as you go about the rest of your day.
San Carlos / 9th, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA
San Carlos / 9th, Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA 93923, USA
- 3-hour food and wine tasting tour
- All food samplings (enough for lunch)
- All beverages
- Professional foodie guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking; we are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice
- Minimum age is 21 years for wine tasting
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers over the age of 4; tour is geared towards adults but well behaved children are welcome
- No children under the age of 4 allowed
- ** Special Note for VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, LACTOSE-INTOLERANT, and low-FODMAPs (low-carb) Guests: This tour is designed to showcase the foods of Carmel and Monterey County and is not an a la carte type of setting. We have carefully selected food tastings in partnership with our vendors that reflect the uniqueness of our area and its food scene, and these selections sometimes include meat, wheat, and dairy products. Substitutions made for those adhering to a Vegan, Gluten-Free, lactose-intolerant, or low-FODMAPs diet may not reflect these selections. We can easily accommodate vegetarian/pescatarian diets. We are unable to provide substitutions without advance notice, so please note any special restrictions on your reservation.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
About the operator
By: Carmel Food Tours
Carmel Food Tour
I would highly recommend this tour. Not only do you enjoy delicious food but you also get valuable insight into…
Loved this food tour! Amber was very engaging and took time with all of us. Each restaurant or store front was…
Personalized, upbeat atmosphere and delicious local degustation plates
First Tripadvisor review, I`m excited!! This food tour is totally worth it, the ambiance, the venues, the stories…
Awesome and highly recommended!
This food and wine tour is a must if you are in Carmel. Migdalia was an amazing tour guide. The 3 hours flew by.…
Well worth it!
Thoroughly enjoyed this walk-about Carmel and the insights to some of the restaurants and shops. I wouldn't label…
Redwood City, California10
Excellent Food Tour
The tour was the perfect combination of food discovery coupled with historical information about Carmel! It felt…
A great time!
Amber was a terrific guide. Well worth the money. We were on a girls‘ weekend celebrating a friends birthday.…
Wonderful Food & Wine Tour
Our guide, Tracy, was very knowledgeable and provided us with a great experience. We visited three restaurants,…
An excellent tour that everybody visiting Carmel (and even locals!) should take! Superb food and wine and learned…
San Francisco, California6728
Enjoyable tour, recommend
We enjoyed all seven stops on our tour. Food and wine pairings were excellent. I wish there was a bit more food at…
- Sunset Cultural Center, Carmel Food Tours
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207