View all photos (22)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Though numerous tours whisk you quickly around Los Angeles, to unpack the history of this storied city travelers shouldn't miss the chance to slow down on this guided walking tour. Stroll through Downtown Los Angeles to enjoy the top area sights, including Union Station and the Angels' Flight funicular. Along the way, be ready with your camera, since you get great views of the city.
You'll start at
800 N Alameda St
800 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USAWe meet at the Information booth next to Cafe Crepe within LA Union Station (800 N. Alameda Street 90012). Nearest Metro Rail station - Union Station off the Metro Red, Purple or Gold Lines. Parking - Underground of Union Station by entering the garage off Vignes street. Rate is $8.
See address & details
- 1Union StationStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 2Olvera StreetStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 3Our Lady Queen of AngelsStop: 10 minutes -See detailsPass by Hall of Justice
- 4Cathedral of Our Lady of the AngelsStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 5Grand ParkStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 6Walt Disney Concert HallStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 7The BroadStop: 5 minutes - Admission excludedSee detailsPass by Colburn School
- 8The Museum of Contemporary ArtStop: 5 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 9Angels Flight RailwayStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
You'll end at
351 S Hill St
351 S Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90013, USANote: The tour ends at Angels Flight Railway (351 S. Hill Street 90013), which is a 25 minute walk or a two stop Metro Rail ride back to the starting point. Rail fare is not included with price of tour. The guide can point you in the direction.
See address & details
- First-time visitors explore Downtown Los Angeles on a guided walking tour
- Stroll Olvera Street, visit Grand Park, and see nearby cultural institutions
- Enjoy a more personal experience, with a tour that's capped at 20 guests
- Don't worry about finding your tour, with easy meet-up outside Union Station
800 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012, USA
351 S Hill St, Los Angeles, CA 90013, USA
- Local guide
- Metro Rail fare if returning to the starting point.
- Entry/Admission - The Broad
- Entry/Admission - The Museum of Contemporary Art
- Entry/Admission - Angels Flight Railway
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tour ends 1.5 miles from the starting point. Metro rail is available to take you back (fare not included).
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I am at the moment watching this online (Virtual Tour), this is such an amazing City of Angeles... The hosts are truly giving extensive 411 about each tour. Thank you for allowing us to see this online, I am not able to be outside much (due to heat exposure)... I hope to be able…
Date of experience: April 2020
Angela went above and beyond as my tour guide. She was extremely knowledgeable and personable. I would recommend her for any tour of Los Angeles.
Date of experience: March 2020
Such great information! Our tour guide, Angela, was amazing. My kids and I all learned something new about our city!
Date of experience: January 2020
We had a great time and the tour guide was amazing, informative, and a lot of fun. Would definitely recommend.
Date of experience: December 2019
So glad we did this! I'm a native Southern Californian and I learned a lot. Angela is a great tour guide, we saw some beautiful historical and new sites. I plan to do the Hollywood and Pasadena tours soon.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Downtown LA Walking Tours
I’ve done multiple tours and I plan to do more this has been an amazing experience! I look forward to attending mor…
Downtown LA Architecture Tour
We loved our tour with Kelley! She was a fountain of knowledge and information and just a delight to spend the afte…
Worthwhile walking tour.
Such an interesting tour around downtown LA. Got a real feel for the old Hollywood. Our guide was very well informe…
Loved this tour! Phil was a great guide. He gave us much more than just the intricate design features of the buildi…
Beautiful architecture and informative tour
Very enjoyable tour, with a lot of information about history and architecture of downtown LA. Also passed by many r…
Great downtown LA tour
Phil great tour guide, highlighted variety of types from 1920s to recent. Shared some hidden gems wouldn’t found on…
We all found this a very interesting tour with Derek. He was a great guide, very enthusiastic and full of great sto…
Hollywood & Historical Downtown
We did both in the same day, the Hollywood was a little better but both were great. Phil was wonderful and very hel…
Beautiful architecture and rich history
The tour is fun and informative. Guide Chris is warm, upbeat and knowledgeable, guide Ing is through many architect…
Awesome personalized tour of downtown LA
This is a great tour, mostly thanks to my guide, Phil. Very easy registration, and the drive to downtown wasn’t ba…
We had a fantastic tour with Phil as our guide. We were lucky enough to be the only ones on the tour . The tour was…
Booked this tour because we wanted to experience Downtown LA and hear about LAs beginnings. Sabrina was our tour …
Fun walking tour
The Haunted Tales tour is a really good ghost/history tour in downtown LA. We had Derek as our guide and he was li…
The Haunted Tales of DTLA was an extremely enjoyable experience for me and my boyfriend. Derek, our tour guide, was…
Great walking tour, highly recommended
Phil and I did this tour solo as I was his only customer that day. He's first rate - smart, personable, engaging. …
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 6,458 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 14,434 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 8,159 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 314 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour
What time does Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour start?
Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour will start at 11:00 AM. Discover and book Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour?
How much is Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour?
Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour price starts from US$28.00. Discover and book Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour cancellation policy?
Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Los Angeles Beginnings Walking Tour on Tripadvisor