Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (8)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
301 W Cabrillo Blvd, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
Returns to original departure point
- All associated kayaking gear (wet suit, PFD, helmet, paddle, etc.
- Knowledgeable guide and discussion of natural history/marine ecology
- Spectacular views of Santa Barbara
- Personal expenses
- Parking is $2.00 per hour, maximum $12.00 per car.
- Gratuity for your guide(s) - While optional it is very much appreciated and to be given at your discretion in return for their leadership, expertise, and professionalism.You can tip the guide in cash or via credit card at the end of your tour as you feel appropriate.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your contact number is international please include your email address in the comment section.
- Minimum numbers apply. Our kayak tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please feel free to call our office to confirm availability
- Children under 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- Although we offer dry bags to help keep gear dry, everything that comes on the kayaking trip runs the risk of getting wet. We therefore recommend that you only bring personal gear that can get wet or damp during the trip. Items that must stay dry such as cameras or other electronic devices, change of clothes or personal belongings should stay in your vehicle.
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A hat with a brim.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- 1-quart (or greater) water bottle filled with water - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle.
- Wet shoes such as "Tevas" or "Aqua Socks" or an old pair of tennies.
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- A beach towel
- Waterproof camera (recyclable).(optional)
- Polyester shirt or other synthetic clothing (layering). (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Santa Barbara Adventure Company . Channel Islands Adventure Company . 805-884-WAVE (805-884-9283)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We began exploring kayaking here. It was amazing! We now are owners of kayaks and have been on rivers and lakes 3-4 days every week. The guides made us feel safe and adventurous at the same time. We loved it!
Date of experience: July 2019
The phone representative was friendly and helpful. Our kayak guide was amazing and very knowledgeable. She made it a great experience.
Date of experience: September 2018
!t was an overall great experience! The beauty of Santa Barbra and all the wildlife we saw definitely made this a trip to remember. Even before we go to the ocean and out of the harbor we were surrounded by about 6 dolphins! The tour guides were phenomenal, so friendly and…
Date of experience: April 2018
1 Helpful vote
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Santa Barbara Adventure Company
Great super knowledgeable kayak tour guides. Was beautiful! Although the website days 2.5 hrs and begins at 1030, y…
PABLO is the best!
We kayaked the Channel Islands with Island Packers. ASK FOR PABLO! HE was the best! It was a wonderful experienc…
Amazing Kayak Adventure
I never imagined how wonderful this Kayak Adventure tour was going to be until I personally experienced it. It’s be…
All around great experience
I really loved how friendly our guide Hannah was. She shared info about the area and the harbor and made us feel l…
Great Family Adventure
This was the third time for us to take a family trip to the Channel Islands for kayaking and a picnic. It is alway…
Kayak Tour in Channel Islands.
Fun experience, great staff, highly recommend! Just wish we had more time to explore the island! So much to see!
Afternoon of fun and learning
Kyle was so thorough, I felt prepared and comfortable getting on the water. Once out paddling, he shared so much hi…
Our guide was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would not go again as the price of $150 per person was way too muc…
Great tasting tour!
We loved our shuttle experience! It was so nice to have the destinations chosen for us (one less thing to plan), an…
great kayaking excursion
wonderful guide, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Santa Cruz island is beautiful.Really enjoyed our kayaking excursi…
Prisoner’s Harbor Kayak Tour
Our entire experience was awesome - from Ventura check-in to the boat ride to the island (lots of dolphins) to our …
Peaceful Kayaking in the Harbor
This was an easy and informative two-hour paddle in the harbor. Our guide, Caco, was excellent. He knew a lot abo…
Hugely enjoyed our wine tour with Matt!
We took the wine tour between Xmas and New Years. The weather was terrific and our guide Matt — an artist, young fa…
Great experience for the inexperienced
This was the first time kayaking for us. Aubrey was a great guide, very knowledgeable and a good instructor. It wa…
Sea cave tour on Santa Cruz Island, Channel Islands NP
So much fun!! Our guide was wonderful. We could tell that he was extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife, the is…
- Stearns Wharf, Santa Barbara Harbor
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 134 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 159 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour
What time does Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour start?
Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour will start at 5:30 PM. Discover and book Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour?
Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour price starts from US$102.70. Discover and book Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour cancellation policy?
Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Santa Barbara Sunset Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor