View all photos (11)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Our food walking tours offer a unique blend of culinary education and local history - think historical walking tour meets food tour. Guests will hear the stories behind the businesses we visit, as well as learn about the recipes and inspiration behind the dishes we taste. Our local guides will also talk about the history of the neighborhoods we visit, giving guests an insiders look into what makes Santa Barbara such a culturally and historically rich city.
You'll start at
East De La Guerra Street
E De La Guerra St, Santa Barbara, CA, USAIn front of Casa de la Guerra located at 15 E De La Guerra St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
See address & details
- 1Santa BarbaraStop: 3 hours -Our professional tour guide will meet the group in downtown Santa Barbara, and stop at six different locations for delicious tastings - local history and points of interest will be sprinkled throughout the tour as well. This tour will take guests from the lower State Street area and de la Guerra Plaza, through the Funk Zone and down toward the waterfront, where new restaurants and hotels abound. Tastings on this tour include Cuban dishes, ceviche, tri-tip, wine, fresh baked bread and the best ice cream in Santa Barbara. On this tour guests will experience a hidden bakery, get to meet the business owners and hear their stories, as well as taste wine at Margerum Winery’s new tasting room at Hotel California. Guests will also learn some fun Santa Barbara history along the way, including info about Sevilla Square, de la Guerra Plaza, Hotel Californian, The Funk Zone and Stearns Wharf.Read more
You'll end at
36 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
See address & details
East De La Guerra Street, E De La Guerra St, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
Hotel Californian, 36 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA
- Tour includes five food tastings and one wine tasting
- Guided walking tour gives introduction to local history and architecture
- Professional, local tour guides
- Tour guide gratuity is not included. Tips are accepted by our tour guides for a job well done.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for guests that are vegan, dairy free, or gluten free.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My husband and I spend winters in Santa Barbara and are always looking for something different and fun to do when company comes. This was a great choice and even though I've spent the last seven winters in Santa Barbara I learned about some more restaurants that I want to try.…
Date of experience: February 2020
Response from VenturaFoodHappening, Owner at Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour
Responded 16 Feb 2020
Thanks so much for your review - we are thrilled that you enjoyed the tour and learned about some new restaurants. We hope to see you on another tour sometime soon.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Santa Barbara Tasting Tours
A Must Do Experience!
This was not only a great way to expereince some of the amazing food of Santa Barbara, but also gave a glimpse into…
Great tour and learning experience
My friend and I really enjoyed this historic and tasting tour. I live in Ventura and get up to SB several times a y…
We had such a great time on the tour with Bob as our guide. The food was excellent, and Bob’s knowledge of Santa Ba…
Food variety wes perfect and history was not too overwhelming. Just the right amount. Jennifer was our guide, she r…
Food & wine tour
Manuel did an excellent job of giving history tidbits along the way while we ate our way around Santa Barbara. We …
Tasty, Informative, and Fun
Manuel was our guide and he led our group to some delicious food and drink. I'm not a wine drinker but the wine tas…
The Highlight of Our Trip to Santa Barbara!
My sister-in-law and I recently took this tour, and it was absolutely wonderful! Our tour guide Bob is a real trea…
A Lovely Tasting Tour of Santa Barbara
My friend and I took a day-trip up to Santa Barbara from Los Angeles, and we were absolutely delighted with this ex…
Santa Barbara’s much improved version of the Hop On Hop Off!
No bus involved, you do the walking from food pit stop to food pit stop, but the outcome is similar. Whether you ar…
Santa Barbara hidden gems!
We had a great tour. Small group led by Nina who was very patient and engaging with our young kids. Overall really …
Always a pleasure!
This was our third Food Tasting Tour (previously done Ventura and Ojai) and we were not disappointed! Wonderful li…
Great, local food and history!
We were in Santa Barbara for our wedding anniversary, and did this food tour with Nina as our guide. We are pretty…
Excellent tastings and guide
We went on the Santa Barbara tasting tour yesterday with several other couples and had a wonderful time. The tasti…
Great time in Santa Barbara
We celebrated our 25 year anniversary by taking the Funk Zone tour. It was a great way to spend half a day and...th…
Great way to learn about Santa Barbara
Our guide, Manuel was great, very friendly, knowledgeable of the area and of traveling in general. Made for a grea…
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 105 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour
What time does Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour start?
Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour will start at 11:00 AM. Discover and book Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour?
Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour price starts from US$129.00. Discover and book Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour cancellation policy?
Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour?
Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour is hosted by Santa Barbara Tasting Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Santa Barbara Tasting Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Sites and Bites of Santa Barbara Food Tour on Tripadvisor