View all photos (102)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
On this tour, you won’t waste any time researching restaurants for your Charleston visit, and save money by steering clear of pricey, disappointing tourist traps. This food walking tour gives you a taste of Charleston’s best locally run restaurants, and you hear about the history of the city along the way. You also come away with dining ideas for the rest of your stay.
You'll start at
O-Bar at Oyster House
70 State St, Charleston, SC 29401, USAMeet inside the O-Bar at Oyster House, State Street Entrance (70 State Street)
See address & details
- 1French QuarterStop: 2 hours -We will be walking throughout the French Quarter in Downtown Charleston, SC, part of the oldest and largest historic district in the country.Read more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Visit a number of locally owned and operated Charleston restaurants
- Taste some of the city’s best food without having to do research
- Your guide also tells you the history of the city as you walk
- Skip lunch, and your food samples fill you up
- Restaurant stops are long enough to give your legs a chance to rest
What to Expect
Your tour starts in downtown Charleston at a local restaurant. Meet your guide, and get ready to try some of the best local food the city has to offer. The meeting point is conveniently near downtown hotels and parking garages. From there, your guide takes you to a number of eateries to sample some of their best menu items. Get a taste of the South with dishes such as special sliders and pies, and wrap up your tour with a dessert. Your samples are large enough that by the end of this tour, you should be satisfied. Hear guide commentary about the city’s history along the way. This food tour ends near the original departure point. If you’re going to be in the area longer, go home with suggestions about where to eat for the rest of your trip.
O-Bar at Oyster House, 70 State St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Kaminsky's, 78 N Market St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA Blind Tiger Pub, 36-38 Broad St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA Toast, 155 Meeting St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA Blossom, 171 E Bay St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA Carmella's, 198 E Bay St #100, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
- All pre-selected food tastings @ 4 restaurants (meal for most)
- Water & fountain beverages
- City-certified guide
- Alcoholic/speciality beverages (available for purchase at most locations)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dietary restrictions must be communicated directly to Charleston Culinary Tours at least *36 hours* before your scheduled tour or restrictions will not be accommodated.
- Vegan, dairy/lactose, & soy restrictions cannot be adequately accommodated. Guests with multiple allergies should contact Charleston Culinary Tours prior to booking to confirm accommodation.
- We cannot assume responsibility for those with severe allergies.
- We make every effort to provide a full meal for all guests, however, substitutions may not be 1-for-1 with regular tour offerings.
- We recommend weather-appropriate attire and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tours operate rain or shine, hot or cold. In the rare cases of EXTREME weather (e.g. Hurricane!), we will notify all guests of cancellations in advance.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Charleston Culinary Tours
Very informative and interesting tour with some great food highlights. Franny was knowledgeable, engaging and…
Guided food tour.
Had a great experience with Dana as our tour guide where we visited Eli’s Table, Charleston Crab House, Poogan’s…
What a HOOT with HOON!
Our last full day of adventures, our morning started with Hoon Calhoun's Chef's kitchen tour. If I had to use one…
Fun way to get to see a city!
This was our first visit to Charleston. Whenever I go to a new city, I try to go on a food tour, you really get a…
I loved it!
Learned so much history, ate delicious food. Our guide was informative and very funny. It wasn’t a hard walk. We…
Don’t Eat Before You Go!
Ask questions! Our guide, Dustin, clearly steeped in local knowledge and abundant pride told us historical tidbits…
Roebuck, South Carolina20
Hoon is the Duke of Charleston
This tour was spectacular. We so enjoyed it, honey! The Hoon is the Duke of Charleston and if you've done this…
Guilds Hollowell and the culinary tour was awesome! This was our first trip to Charleston and we simply asked…
Met only one chef and saw only two kitchens. Information came from tour guide who was soft spoken and hard to…
Sadly lacking; average may be generous
Although our tour guide was very kind and some of the folk in our group (12 of us) were fun to chat with, the food…
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071