Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This guided tour of the trendy Upper King Street area takes the guesswork out of finding Charleston's best and edgiest eateries while introducing you to a part of the city that many visitors skip. Fill up on tastings from a handful of restaurants and learn how Charleston’s culinary traditions have influenced the flavorful dishes that creative chefs cook up today.
- You'll start atVisitors Center / Charleston MuseumCharleston, SC 29403, USAMeet inside the Visitor Center (375 Meeting Street)See address & details
- 1Cannonborough ElliotboroughStop: 2 hoursSee details
- 2RadcliffeboroughStop: 2 hoursSee details
- You'll end atKing StreetKing St, Charleston, SC, USAEnd points vary from tour to tour. All tours end within a few blocks of starting point.See address & details
- Charleston culinary tour of Upper King Street restaurants
- Come hungry—tour includes enough food for a meal
- A guide shows you the best parts of a neighborhood many visitors skip
- Learn how Charleston culture is reflected in its ever-evolving food scene
What to Expect
Begin your culinary tour of Charleston’s Upper King Street when you meet your guide and your group. Then, follow your guide to a handful of restaurants that are changing Charleston's culinary scene. At each stop, sit and enjoy samples of specialty foods. You might try twists on classic bar grub, high-brow French cuisine, or traditional South Carolina barbecue done right. Every tour is different though, in keeping up with Charleston dining trends. Throughout the tour, your guide points out Charleston landmarks and sheds light on how this newly revitalized part of the city has become a culinary hot spot. Your tour ends on a sweet note with a dessert tasting within walking distance of your starting point. Please note: Advise of dietary restrictions in the "Special Requirements" field upon booking. Vegan, dairy-free, and soy-free diets cannot be accommodated.
Visitors Center / Charleston Museum, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
King Street, King St, Charleston, SC, USA
- City-certified guide
- All pre-selected food tastings (meal for most). Advance notice required to accommodate dietary restrictions.
- Alcoholic/Specialty drinks (available for individual purchase at most locations)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive 15-Minutes prior to departure.
- Dietary restrictions must be communicated directly to Charleston Culinary Tours at least *36 hours* before your scheduled tour or restrictions cannot be accommodated.
- Vegan, dairy/lactose, & soy restrictions cannot be adequately accommodated. Guests with multiple allergies should contact Charleston Culinary Tours prior to booking to confirm accommodation.
- We cannot assume responsibility for those with severe allergies.
- We make every effort to provide a full meal for all guests, however, substitutions may not be 1-for-1 with regular tour offerings.
- We craft our tours to represent the unique aspects of each venue and neighborhood. Unfortunately, there isn’t always a “next best” option that also meets a special dietary need. Since we have your health, taste buds, and overall experience in mind, we truly appreciate your understanding on this issue.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- We recommend weather-appropriate attire and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tours operate rain or shine, hot or cold. In the rare cases of EXTREME weather (e.g. Hurricane!), we will notify all guests of cancellations in advance.
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years.
- Not recommended for children under 8 years old.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The entire tour was amazing from the restaurants chosen, to the foods sampled, to the historical walking tour from place to place, & the tour guide, "Houn" Calhoun!
Date of experience: October 2020
Loved this tour! Our guide, Houn Calhoun - was an informative and interesting Charlestonian who had great stories and information about the city. We had 4 stops, 3 for meal-type food and 1 for desserts. The first restaurant was Hom (pronounced "home") - delicious! The owner…
Date of experience: January 2020
the Food was amazing and our guide was funny and informative. I had a truly great time as our guide also pointed out other great restaurants in the area.
Date of experience: January 2020
1 Helpful vote
Three of us took in the Charleston Upper King Street Culinary tour, two of us were visitors, the third a local resident, We were pleasantly surprised with amount and variety of food offered at the four locations on the tour. Our group was a perfect size with 11 participants.…
Date of experience: November 2019
3 Helpful votes
My husband and I did the Upper King Street Culinary Tour and started out at a burger place. We had samples of buffalo cauliflower, french fries, flat bread and burgers. Our next stop was to a French restaurant where we ate more french fries. After, we went to another French…
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Charleston Culinary Tours
Glad we booked this tour
Good food and good company. So glad we booked this tour. The guide was personable and knowledgeable and the variety…
Well Worth the Money
Just finished our tour with Monica. She gave us so much historical information while we enjoyed bites of food from …
Worth your time and money
Try to book with Monica. She knows so much about the local history and preservation efforts and that enhanced the f…
Premium Charleston Foodie Experience
This was my third food tour with this company. This tour ended up with a 12 course meal. You could ask the chefs qu…
Downtown Charleston Culinary Walking Food Tour - 5 Stars
My companion and I participated in a walking food tour this week. We loved it! Dana, our guide, was friendly, kno…
Best way to start your Charleston trip!
This was a fantastic tour and one I would repeat again when we visit Charleston in the future! Honestly, I would h…
Start your trip here!
If you want to figure out what to do and where to eat in a new town, start with the culinary tour! You get an infor…
Attended this tour with another couple, so 5 of us total including our guide. Guide was local, fun, and knew tons o…
Very good experience
We loved the experience in the 4 restaurants, we received information about Charleston History when we moved from a…
This was Hoon Calhoun’s Rockstar Tour
We took a 1:00 tour today and had an amazing tour with a fantastic feast led by Hoon Calhoun. (Who is also a spokes…
Book, Eat, Loosen your belt
Summer was the guide for our mommy n' daughter food tour. She was knowledgeable about Charleston's history and off…
Extraordinary in al parts!
Shopping at the Vege Bin, a tour of the growing Upper King Street area, and the complete Farm to Table dining adven…
Must do this culinary tour!
My husband and I really enjoyed this. Our tour guide Monica has such a fun and pleasant personality. She also had e…
Really great way to experience Charleston!
We had this tour with John in early Jan 2021. It was fantastic and so glad that we did it. Four stops over 2.5 ho…
Our tour guide, Susan, was fantastic!! She was not only knowledgeable but also made the tour a lot of fun! Food was…
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
from SGD 102.20*
Popular: Booked by 236 travellers!
Frequently bought together
from SGD 47.31*
Popular: Booked by 11,227 travellers!
from SGD 34.95*
Popular: Booked by 3,867 travellers!
from SGD 47.69*
Popular: Booked by 22,078 travellers!
from SGD 164.75*
Popular: Booked by 538 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour
What time does Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour start?
Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour will start at 4:00 PM. Discover and book Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour?
Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour price starts from S$98.05. Discover and book Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour cancellation policy?
Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour?
Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour is hosted by Charleston Culinary Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Charleston Culinary Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Charleston's Upper King Street Culinary Tour on Tripadvisor