This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Hip-hop culture runs deep in New York City, where the genre is known to have begun in the Bronx. Get a comprehensive overview traveling with a guide (who is known in the rap world) than by yourself. Visit top attractions, such as the Apollo Theater, and stop by historic rap battle locations and famous music video spots. Plus, get the chance to test your own MC skills in NYC.
- You'll start at109 E 59th St109 E 59th St, New York, NY 10022, USAIn front of the Oxford CafeSee address & details
- 1Hush Hip Hop ToursStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2HarlemStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Apollo TheaterStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4BronxSee details
- You'll end at1235 Lexington Ave1235 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10028, USA86th Street and Lexington AvenueSee address & details
- Travel comfortably by coach bus during this New York City hip-hop tour
- A guide takes you through Manhattan, Harlem, and the Bronx
- Test your own rap skills with an interactive segment of the tour
- Take home some autographs of celebrity New York rappers
What to Expect
Meet for your New York City hip-hop tour in Midtown and get acquainted with your guide, a known NYC rapper. Hop aboard your comfortable coach bus, as your guide takes you to some of the most impressive hip-hop areas in the city. Travel through Manhattan, Harlem, and the Bronx, as you see cool attractions, such as the Apollo Theater and Rucker Park. Pass by places where legendary rap battles have happened and where popular artists have filmed their music videos. If you’d like to test your own rap skills, this tour even gives you a chance to battle it out with other tour goers—with bling on and all. .
109 E 59th St, New York, NY 10022, USA
1235 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10028, USA
- 4-hour guided tour (3 hours on Saturdays May-November)
- Transport by luxury coach
- Live entertainment
- Celebrity guide
- Entry/Admission - Hush Hip Hop Tours
- Entry/Admission - Harlem
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour operates rain or shine
- Lunch is not included but available for purchase. Vendors accept cash only so please plan accordingly
- Saturday tours do NOT include a lunch stop
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- During the months of January through March reconfirmation is required due to uncertainty of New York City's weather conditions.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I really enjoyed the tour and learned a lot, but unfortunatley I can only rate it with 1 star. Even tho I've asked for the videos I'm starring to be sent to serveral times, I didn't get any response. I assumed I was gonna be forwarded the videos I can be seen on. (The tour was…
Date of experience: May 2020
Must have when you stay in New York and are interested in history of a subculture like HipHop. Nothing more to say but you will always remember your stay and connect HipHop with New York since. My visit was in 2017
Date of experience: November 2020
2 Helpful votes
One of the best tours I’ve been on. Grandmaster Caz was the best tour guide. We saw so much of New York and visited all of the must see hip hop hot spots. Would definitely recommend, and go on this tour again!
2 Helpful votes
Whether you are a hip hop lover or just curious, this tour is fabulous. MCs know what they are talking about and are terribly good at animating. I spent a wonderful 3 hours with them.
Date of experience: March 2020
It’s a very interesting and educational day knowing more about hip hop my young kids understand now more then just listening all this new musics what half of it they don’t Even understand what they on about ... was a great fun and we will do it again when we back to New York we…
Date of experience: February 2020
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hush Hip Hop Tours
Such a fun and educational tour
This is my second time going on the Hip Hop tour and we had a fantastic time. My only disappointment came when we …
Birth of Hip Hop
I was recommended this tour by some friends who had visited NYC previously and said it’s definitely one you should …
Hush Hip Hop Tours
Dont forget 11 August 1973 - after this tour you won't forget that date! Lots of fun, Lots of things to see and le…
Harlem Hip Hop Awesome
The best things to do in NYC! Our guide was entertaining, very knowledgeable, and seemed to know everyone in Harlem…
Could be much better
With a couple of friends, we attended the Harlem/Bronx tour with Grandmaster Caz. As a longtime hip-hop fans, we we…
Great Walking Tour
We loved this walking tour of Harlem. Reggie Reg was a great host and has lived through quite a change in Harlem ov…
Great tour of Harlem, not that focused on hip hop though
We had an amazing day exploring Harlem, arguably NYC's most interesting neighbourhood. Our guide was hilarious and …
One of our highlights of NYC trip!
Rayz was an awesome and entertaining guide. It was great to learn about the history of the neighborhood in addition…
MC Caz is not only a local legend. He is also very entertaining and full of deep knowledge. Highly recommended.
My 13 year old loves hip hop
So as a Xmas present, I got him tix for the Roots of Hip Hop tour. Usually he stays glued to his phone, but I think…
Great tour with Grand Master Caz
Recommended! Good bit of hip hop history and Caz is funny and obviously very knowledgeable. Bit of dancing and if y…
It’s all about the energy!
Great tour. Our host Austin made the whole difference. It was raining and cold but he kept us going, interested and…
great tour to learn about music and culture
Walking in the streets of Harlem give you a little of bit of reality about the life in NYC. We had a great tour wit…
If you like hip hop, you have to attend this wonderful and amazing tour! If you think to not like hip hop, you will…
Hip Hop is
Great experience and great tour with the best Grandmaster Caz!!! We got pretty emotional seeing the places of Hip h…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
from SGD 148.63*
Popular: Booked by 13,555 travellers!