Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah
By Explore Savannah
On your Private Walking Tour, we guide you through the heart of the historic district from Wright Square to Forsyth Park. During this tour you will experience the perfect introduction of Savannah as you discover how and why Savannah was established. You will learn about the unique layout of our squares, gain insights about people who impacted Savannah. Of course, everyone wants to know where Forrest sat with his box of chocolates and find the house from ‘Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil’. When you join us on tour, you are ‘our guest’ in Savannah, not a ‘tourist on tour’! If you have been to Savannah before and want to stroll off the beaten path, we are happy to do that. Do you have specific interests? We can do that too. When we say this tour is about you our guest, we mean exactly that. Wanna grab a cup of coffee or 'to-go' cup, we will stop for that too!
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Professional Local Guide
- Entry/Admission - Armstrong House
- Departure details
- Wright Square, Savannah, GA 31401, USA Meeting point is across the street from CVS in Wright Square, on the north side of the monument in the center of the square, facing CVS. Wright. Square does not have a physical address.
- Forsyth Park, 2 W Gaston St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA Tour ends at the Fountain in Forsyth Park.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 91460P5
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Email confirmation at time of reservation
- In the event of severe weather, you will be provided the option to reschedule (no refunds unless we cancel the tour)
- Comfortable Walking shoes (approximately 1 mile with benches along the way)
- Consider the weather, bring an umbrella
- Summertime can be hot & humid - bring a bottle of water
- Tour operates rain or shine
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah?
- How much is Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah?
- Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah price starts from S$123.28. Discover and book Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah cancellation policy?
- Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah?
- Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah is hosted by Explore Savannah. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Explore Savannah on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Walking Tour of Historic Savannah on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 91460P5
- You'll start atWright SquareSavannah, GA 31401, USAMeeting point is across the street from CVS in Wright Square, on the north side of the monument in the center of the square, facing CVS. Wright. Square does not have a physical address.See address & details
- 1Wright SquareStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2Juliette Gordon Low's BirthplaceStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Independent Presbyterian ChurchStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 4Chippewa SquareStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 5The Old Sorrel Weed House Museum & ToursStop: 2 minutesSee details
- 6Madison SquareStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 7Green-Meldrim HouseStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass bySCADstoryGryphon Tea Room
- 8Mercer Williams House MuseumStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 9Armstrong HouseStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 10Forsyth ParkStop: 5 minutesSee details
- You'll end atForsyth Park2 W Gaston St, Savannah, GA 31401, USATour ends at the Fountain in Forsyth Park.See address & details
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Good but not Great
Very nice and personable tour guide. But I felt her knowledge was not at a richer and deeper level as I hoping for.…
We had a wonderful tour of the history of Savannah. Rose was an excellent tour guide and shared a great deal of Sav…
Savannah walking tour
Very knowledgable guide, very personable, beautiful walk and not too strenuous. Definitely a worthwhile outing.
You must take this tour
Great information about the history of Savanna…truly did the research! Great tour and so much fun! Completely recom…
Wonderful tour. Bill was our guide. Great way to get oriented to the historic area and learn way more than you woul…
We enjoyed this tour and would recommend to anyone looking to learn more about the History of Savannah and visit th…
Absolutely worth it!
GREAT! This is a two hour walking tour with a congenial and hyper-knowledgeable guide. It was SO useful to really…
Walking Tour with Explore Savannah
Really enjoyed our tour with the Explore Savannah team! Rose was full of great info and we sure saw a lot of the H…
Wonderful tour and tour guide
Rose was a terrific guide on our Heart of Savannah tour for my wife and me. Great orientation, history, and charm …
Amazing walking tour
Wonderful historic walk tour. The historic information was wonderful and Rick was amazing . The historic informatio…
Walking tour of Savannah
For decades I have wanted to visit Savannah and I was not disappointed. Our Guide took us on a tour de force throu…
We had a blast! Kids also were engaged throughout the entire tour and our guide really made sure to include them. B…
Fantastic Tour of Historic Savannah
Our tour guide Rick was absolutely awesome! We enjoyed his tour early in our visit to Savannah so the information …
A stroll down history
A wonderful stroll good information both about the new and old history of the town. Very much enjoyed it. Rick wa…
Great Walking Tour of Savannah
This was a great tour. I did it on my very first morning in Savannah. It introduced me to the city's history and …