View all photos (267)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
With massive glaciers, powerful waterfalls, and alpine meadows, Mount Rainier National Park is among one of Washington's most spectacular reserves, but it can be hard to get to, especially in heavy traffic. Visiting the active volcano on a guided tour lets you focus on the views while your guide takes on the hassle of driving. Plus your guide knows some of the best stops to make at some of the most beautiful places in the park.
You’ll have 2 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Customized Tours of SeattleStop: 5 hours - Admission includedSee detailsPass by Alder Lake Park
- 2Mount RainierStop: 6 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Christine Falls ViewpointStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 4Paradise ValleyStop: 60 minutes -See details
- 5Reflection LakesStop: 10 minutes -See details
- 6Longmire MuseumStop: 5 minutes -See details
- 7Narada FallsStop: 20 minutes -See details
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Find the very best views in the massive Mount Rainier National Park
- Learn the history behind the active volcano from your guide
- Traveling with a guide means avoiding the hassle of Seattle driving
- Option to add snowshoe or sled trip when conditions allow
What to Expect
Meet a guide at your Seattle hotel, and then travel to Mount Rainier National Park, learning a bit about the local area along the way. Pause a the Longmire Museum and National Park Inn, and keep your camera out at Christine Falls, which frames one of the classic views of Mount Rainier. Walk up the Nisqually River to stand at the foot of Narada Falls—at 188 feet (57 meters), it towers over Niagara Falls. The scenic highlight of the day is Paradise, a visitor center that's surrounded by alpine meadows, ideal for spotting wildlife. From here, you have the option to add a snowshoe or sledding trip if conditions allow, or simply take in the gorgeous views from Reflection Lake. Before returning to Seattle, enter the visitor center to learn the story behind Mount Rainier, and then finish the day with drop-off at your original departure point.
Seattle, WA, USA SeaTac, WA, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from select downtown Seattle and airport hotels
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or 14-passenger sprinter van
- Entry/Admission - Customized Tours of Seattle
- Entry/Admission - Mount Rainier
- Entry/Admission - Trail of the Shadows
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended to dress in layers and wear comfortable walking shoes (hiking shoes preferred, in winter boots are best). In Nov – Jun, please dress for snowy conditions
- Please note: The tour route may vary depending on weather conditions and road closures.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The seasons, weather, and elevation partially determine what you’ll see on your tour. During the weekdays, mid October-April, there are limited food services available in the National Park. Customers will have an opportunity to purchase food en route. Also, the Henry M Jackson Visitor Center located at Paradise, has limited hours during these months. On weekdays when the Visitor Center is closed, our tour will still visit Paradise if road conditions allow.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Everything about our day trip to Mt. Rainier was wonderful. Easy booking, convenient pick up at our hotel, comfortable transportation, and plentiful snacks, food, and beverages...ALL part of the package. Our guide for the day, Sean, was fantastic. He was friendly,…
Date of experience: March 2020
The tour guide was very knowledgeable. We were lucky it was a clear day and we were able to view mount rainier for most of the drive there. On the way there and back you stop at a grocery store for a bathroom break, drinks and snacks. It also has a Starbucks inside. Also on the…
Mt Rainier was unfortunately closed due to mudslide during our visit. So the operator very promptly let us know and offered us the option to refund or go on an alternative tour. As the operator did preface, they don't do Olympic during the winter, so this was a trial run. Hence…
Date of experience: February 2020
I traveled with my husband and my daughter. We all have good impressed time. The guide whom we called him Joe was a very knowledgeable. I believe d the the whole tour groups all impressed with this trip
This is the perfect place to get away from man’s created world...summer spring winter or fall enjoy all of the wonder of nature. A trip to Seattle would not be complete without a trip to Mount Rainier.
Date of experience: August 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Customized Tours of Seattle
Snoqualmie Falls and Winery Tour
We had so much fun our winery and waterfalls tour! On an off season day with only the 2 of us on the tour, I was su…
Informative and interesting tour.
This tour was fantastic. Our tour guide Frankie was so informative and friendly. Would highly recommend seeing how …
Cory the guide made this trip so much fun! I would highly recommend this trip it was the best part of my Seattle vi…
Twentieth wedding anniversary trip.
We had an amazing experience on this 12hr tour that took us to three different stops each with its own unique ecosy…
Most beautiful place in Washington State with super friendly and knowledgeable guide
Wow, what a day! I wasn’t sure what to expect with it being pretty cold and wet, but this tour was a blast. It had …
Beautiful, diverse, and relaxing day
This was a new tour for this company. They got so many great reviews on their other tours, I decided to give it a s…
Would not use this service again
Disappointed with the tour overall. Having used other tour operators, was disappointed with the level of service. O…
Great option if you don't have a car
Excellent driver, comfortable bus, beautiful scenery on the way there, very easy access to the main street of leave…
Our guide was full of knowledge, it was such an easy tour. Picked up at our hotel, we could wander around the Futu…
Very accommodating, safe driving, friendly guide. Would recommend for families with older children! Beautiful views
Our Honeymoon Trip
Cory, our tour guide greeted us directly in our hotel lobby. We were the last of the tour to be picked up, so we we…
Corey was our guide and was super friendly and helpful. The winery's were beautiful and the lunch was great.
4-hour seattle city tour
We enjoyed our tour and our tour guide was very good about taking us to all the popular places as well as some side…
great times! Wish the winery stops were bit longer but all good overall. Tour driver was Awesome. Forgot his name.
Amazing Tour, lots to see
Our guide did a great job and made it very interesting. We missed seeing Chinatown, but overall a great time.
- Duration: 10–12 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207