View all photos (307)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
See the gleaming golden spire and elaborate sculptures of Wat Phra That Doi Suthep in peace and quiet on this serene sunrise tour. Watch the light spill across northern Thailand from one of the region’s highest points, and witness a morning alms-giving ceremony that most visitors miss. Your guide is a former monk, so you'll get first-hand insight into temple life and the Buddhist faith. A delicious Thai breakfast is also included.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Wat Phra That Doi SuthepStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedFor this tour we wake up and leave early in the morning at 05:00 - 05:10 am. and drive up into the mountains to visit the Wat Phra That Doi Suthep temple ( A Chiang Mai Land-mark.) We highly recommend visiting this famous temple at dawn. The temple is quiet and the monks are just chanting, rousing and going out to receive alms offerings. Without any crowds you can enjoy the magical morning light and incredible views in serenity. It is the beginning to a great and wonderful day. Doi Suthep temple is located on the peak of the Doi Suthep Mountains and is the most famous landmark in Chiang Mai. They say you have not truly been to Chiang Mai if you have not visited this temple ! At the top of the temple you can view the pagoda shining with real gold, and a viewing platform offers panoramic views of the whole Chiang Mai City – take in the wonderful countryside landscape while the sun rises behind the city and mountains. The morning sky and view could be immortalized in a beautiful painting ! Morning life at the temple is unforgettable -the sound of temple bells, monks chanting and the fascinating view of Chiang Mai will fill your heart. Don’t leave Chiang Mai without this impression.!!! Before we continue to the other sites, we will have a nice and original taste of famous and delicious Chiang Mai food. ( Khoi Soy or Thai local breakfast sticky rice and Local Thai KFC. ) After sunrise. we will drop by at the hidden jungle temple and Wat U-Mong to enjoy the serenity surrounding & peace ! Both of them are unique meditation places, very interesting and serene. See you in the morning at 5:00 a.m.-05:10 a.m.Read more
- Visit the Doi Suthep temple before the daytime crowds arrive
- Wake up early to witness a special morning alms ceremony
- See the dawn light reflect off the golden temple and mountain landscape
- Get a personal perspective on Buddhist life from a former-monk guide
- Local Breakfast ( Khao Soi or other local Thai breakfast )
- All fees
- Bottled water
- Professional Experienced TAT Tourist guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Flexible for party needs
- VIP. Air-con. Car / Van
- Entry/Admission - Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- Tip or other personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is formal ( Must be long pants or long skirt for temple visit in Thailand )
- Stroller accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Excellent tour with Non the tour guide. When went to several temples he's very knowledgeable about the temples and Buddhism.
Date of experience: December 2019
Mr.John is a wonderful guide. If you want to experience Chiang Mai untouched is a great place. I highly recommended this particular trip!
Date of experience: July 2020
One of the highlights of our month in Thailand. If you can, do this. Non was our guide for the morning. He was brillliant. The very early start - 530 am was worth it. To wander the temple on top of the mountain, only your small group, the monks and the temple dogs, an…
Date of experience: January 2020
We were collected from our hotel by Tu. During the drive up the steep, winding road to the temple he gave us lots of information about the city and the life of a Buddhist monk. He himself had been a monk for 11 years and was very knowledgable about the religion and its history.…
Date of experience: March 2020
Been to Wat Doi Suthep many times, but wanted to do something a little different this time. Sunrise tour seemed like the perfect thing! The 5am pick up in the morning is the only painful part. The rest is incredible. We took it easy and just went with the flow. Non really knows…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Untouched Thailand
Ata was great!
We spent two days with Ata--one in Chiang Mai and one in Chiang Rai. He was very knowledgable and friendly. Origina…
Tom, amazing guy
This was one of our best days in Thailand. Tom knows so much about Thai culture and history and is willing to cust…
If you only have one day for a tour of the mountains
Guide and driver Lek was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful all day long. This was a nice mix of activities starti…
Great tour guide
Our tour guide Siphon personally met us at arrival Chiang Rai Airport. He took us all the best scenes must to see.…
Best choice for Chiang Mai
Thank you Untouched Thailand ! We had a great vacation with Mr. Sipohn, he is a very clever, full of knowledge and …
Untouched Thailand is the best
Dear Sipohn, I would like to thank you once more regarding for your all effort ... To all , Highly recommended comp…
4 Day private tour
We did a 4 day private tour through northern Thailand with Non. He was an excellent driver, picked us up on time e…
Doi Suthep at Sunrise- perfect!
We had a fabulous tour of Doi Suthep at sunrise with John! It was SO worth getting up early for to avoid the crowds…
What an amazing DAY
TOM was the best tour guide we ever had!! We got picked up 9am sharp by a friendly man named Tom. He spoke great en…
We completed the tour in December, it was very interesting & the guide was very knowledgeable. It was well worth th…
Sunrise Tour is the sine qua non for a great visit in Chiang Mai
Booked a family tour for Sunrise on Doi Suthep temple. Non, a former monk, was our guide and we liked him a lot. …
The Perfect Way to Enjoy A Real Chiang Mai
We were served by 2 guides, one for cycling and the other for trekking. They both had so much information to share …
5 days we will never forget!
We booked a 5 days trip in the north of Thailand with this agency. From the beginning, the owner, Sipohn, was super…
What made this excursion truly exceptional was the tour guide, Tom. A former monk at Doi Suthep, Tom explained to m…
The most amazing tour with the most amazing people - Lek & Fern!
My boyfriend and I were lucky enough to stumble across this tour after our hotel told us it was not possible to vis…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:800-130-2207
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 382 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 192 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 170 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 951 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views
What time does Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views start?
Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views will start at 5:00 AM. Discover and book Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views on Tripadvisor
How much is Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views?
Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views price starts from US$64.62. Discover and book Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views on Tripadvisor
What is the Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views cancellation policy?
Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Doi Suthep Temple: Amazing Mountaintop Sunrise Tour and Stunning City Views on Tripadvisor