We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
The latest reviews. The lowest prices. The perfect place to shop for hotels.

Parc de l'ile Melville

Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Get directions
Address: Parc de l'Ile Melville C.P. 03, Shawinigan, Quebec G9N 6T8, Canada
Phone Number:
+1 819-536-7155

TripAdvisor Reviewer Highlights

Read all 21 reviews
Visitor rating
  • 0
  • 4
    Very good
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0
Beautiful grounds - great chalet on ile banane - bad grocery store!

We stayed in the chalet on ile banane and it was just beautiful. Sparkling clean and new with all the amenities. The grounds are gorgeous - the river and canoeing was amazing... read more

Reviewed 17 August 2015
Montreal, Canada
Add Photo Write a Review

21 Reviews from our TripAdvisor Community

Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
Showing 4: English reviews
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
93 reviews
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
Reviewed 17 August 2015

We stayed in the chalet on ile banane and it was just beautiful. Sparkling clean and new with all the amenities. The grounds are gorgeous - the river and canoeing was amazing. Only a few complaints - the shelves are empty in their store. They need more stuff (fresh bread/eggs/pastas/sauces etc) also they had no matches left when it came... More 

Thank ChristinaB42
Notre-Dame-de-l'Ile-Perrot, Canada
Level Contributor
97 reviews
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
Reviewed 1 July 2015

We have been camping at Parc Ile Melville now for 5 years. Great location, minutes from " downtown " Shawiningan. 80% of the sites are seasonal so those sites are very close together but the other 20% are secluded, away from the seasonal sites water and electricity included, many sites are along the river with very nice views ( prefer... More 

Thank Camper4life420
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
53 reviews
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The camping is across the bridge from downton and just by the St-Maurice river. It is quiet and you can put your canoe in the water directly from your site. Very clean and a fun place for families,

Thank GenMich
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
398 reviews
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
Reviewed 18 April 2013

A small camping a few minutes walk from the main street of the small town. The workers are friendly. We had a nice site on the river's shore. The bathrooms were clean and easily accessible.

Thank Shou1

Travellers who viewed Parc de l'ile Melville also viewed

Saint-Jean-des-Piles, Shawinigan
Grand-Mere, Shawinigan

Been to Parc de l'ile Melville? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Is This Your TripAdvisor Listing?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing

Questions & Answers

Here's what previous visitors have asked, with answers from representatives of Parc de l'ile Melville and other visitors
1 question
Ask a question
Questions? Get answers from Parc de l'ile Melville staff and past visitors.
Posting guidelines
Typical questions asked:
  • Do I have to buy a ticket for my infant?
  • How do I get there using public transportation?
  • Is there a restaurant or café onsite?