We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spalding Hall

114 N 5th St, Bardstown, KY 40004-1449
+1 800-638-4877
Review Highlights
Must visit!

This is a great visit. The building and it's history is cause enough for a visit (built in 1820... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2017
Greenville, Kentucky
Bourbon Festival

Great week long event in Bardstown KY. Venders of all KY bourbon distilleries. Food booths and... read more

Reviewed 16 September 2017
John E
via mobile
Read all 24 reviews
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
  • Excellent51%
  • Very good37%
  • Average8%
  • Poor4%
  • Terrible0%
Travellers talk about
114 N 5th St, Bardstown, KY 40004-1449
+1 800-638-4877
Write a Review
Reviews (24)
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year

1 - 10 of 24 reviews

Reviewed 21 September 2017

This is a great visit. The building and it's history is cause enough for a visit (built in 1820), but then the two museums are even better. Too much to mention but you have to see the whiskey bottle with a combination lock and a...More

Thank fivesolasturner
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Great week long event in Bardstown KY. Venders of all KY bourbon distilleries. Food booths and bourbon arts and crafts. Live bands and bourbon tasting!!

Thank John E
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Old Seminary/College/High School - and grounds - many historical artifacts about bourbon and related topices - also interesting items on founders of Bardstown and Catholic history

Thank cj d
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Old catholic boarding school turned into both a whiskey museum and a local history museum. Great artifacts from the history of the town and tons of historical items related to bourbon. The lovely lady that was there on the Saturday we visited could not have...More

Thank BC4471
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Spaulding Hall now house a local museum and a history of Bourbon museum. Displays are static, to be read, and give you a good background to the area. But it may put most people to sleep. I like history and the price (free), so it...More

Thank Jimdandy322
Reviewed 12 April 2017

I enjoyed wandering the rooms and reading the little historical tidbits included with the artifacts.

Thank Maureen1771
Reviewed 16 March 2017

We were looking for more history of the town, but it seemed they had a great collection of bourbon bottles, but not much else.

Thank Ellen B
Reviewed 29 October 2016

What treat to see the Oscar Getz Museum collection of bourbon historical artifacts from over fifty years. This museum is attatched to the Bardstown Historical Museum which displays artifacts from over 200 years.

Thank Harold B
Reviewed 18 October 2016

It's free. A wonderful collection of vintage bourbon bottles from Mr. Goetz, for all to see. Bourbon goes back many years, and it's great someone is willing to share their collection for all to enjoy. If you've got an hour or two, it's definitely worth...More

Thank addspice0609
Reviewed 2 June 2016

This building is behind the Cathedral, and there is free parking in the Cathedral parking lot. We only spent an hour here, because 70% of the museum seemed to be about the history of bourbon and the distilling industry locally. But the other 30% was...More

Thank traveling4fun4us
Nearby Restaurants
The Rickhouse Restaurant & Lounge
533 reviews
.10 km away
Mammy's Kitchen
814 reviews
.47 km away
Hadorn's Bakery
132 reviews
.37 km away
Old Talbott Tavern
1,030 reviews
.46 km away
Nearby Attractions
Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History
33 reviews
.19 km away
Barton 1792 Distillery
390 reviews
.90 km away
Old Bardstown Village Civil War Museum
219 reviews
.86 km away
Basilica of St Joseph Proto-Cathedral
67 reviews
.19 km away
Questions & Answers
Get quick answers from Spalding Hall staff and past visitors.
Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page.
Posting guidelines