What people are saying
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Tours & experiences
Explore different ways to experience this place.
What is Travellers’ Choice?
Tripadvisor gives a Travellers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor.
Top ways to experience The King Center
Reach out directly
1,337 within 5 kms
250 within 10 kms
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Apr 2023 • Friends
Following services at Ebenezer Baptist Church, we headed across the street to see the King memorials and tour a little bit of the historic Auburn neighborhood. All of the sites were closed on Sunday, but it was still worthwhile to see this important landmark in our civil rights journey.
Written 7 July 2023
Thought provoking, melencoly, happy, sad, enlightening, and cannot be missed. Go here. It's awe inspiring.
Written 15 May 2023
Like the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park on the opposite side of the road, this is another "should not be missed" site in Atlanta. As well as the history of Dr Martin Luther King, Jr, there is also information about Rosa Parks and the Civil Rights Movement. The highlights of any visit, though, have to be the 'Eternal Flame' and the graves of Dr King and His wife, Coretta Scott King; a privilege to see.
Written 9 December 2022
Nov 2022 • Couples
Truly immersive experience into the civil rights era. Learnt a few facts. I have always loved history and being here, standing in this place was quite emotional.
Written 9 November 2022
During a visit to the King Center, one can see the birth home of Dr. King, Ebenezer Baptist Church where he preached, the crypt where Dr. and Mrs. King are buried, and the eternal flame. This visit was a fitting end to my civil rights movement trip through Birmingham, Selma, Montgomery and Atlanta.
Written 28 October 2022
Very clean, and goosebumps immediately. The eternal flame, rose garden, and memorial were incredible. This is another stop on the city night lights tour with Omar
Written 14 September 2022
Free and open to the public. Not to be missed. Park and walk to his birth home. Ebenezer Baptist church is just next door . All within the same area.
Written 10 August 2022
Awesome. Well put together. Lots of opportunities to take photos. My sisters and I enjoyed reflecting on the past.
Written 10 August 2022
Such a beautiful place! I think that MLK had such a terrific philosophy and was willing to live it to the end. Just sad that so few who say that they follow his principles have resorted to looting and violence. I wish we really did judge each other by the content of the character rather than the color of their skin.
Written 3 August 2022
This is another must see. It is not something that takes much time, but well worth it when seeing all of the other things around it.
Written 19 July 2022
Showing results 1-10 of 372
What part of the king center is closed due to the government shut down?
The Center itself is open. The childhood home and the Ebenezer Baptist Church are closed due to the shutdown. If you come to Atlanta I would also strongly recommend you visit the Center for Civil and Human Rights which also contains very moving exhibits about King and the movement.
THE KING CENTER: All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos)
Frequently Asked Questions about The King Center
- According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience The King Center:
- Martin Luther King Jr. History Walking Tour (From S$53.63)
- African American Atlanta Culture Tour by Private Car Service (From S$120.65)
- City Lights Atlanta Night-Time Tour with Photos & Dinner Stop (From S$87.15)
- Private Atlanta Sightseeing Tour w/ Shopping and Lunch Stop at Ponce City Market (From S$211.71)
- The Civil Rights Movement in Atlanta: A Self-Guided Audio Tour (From S$16.08)
- Hotels near The King Center:
- (0.16 km) Historic Charm in Old Fourth Ward - Welcome to the Beltline
- (0.21 km) Modern Industrial Chic Home in downtown Atlanta-Old Fourth Ward
- (0.31 km) Spacious 5BR/5BA in the heart of Old Fourth Ward
- (1.08 km) Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast
- (1.36 km) The Candler Hotel Atlanta, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Restaurants near The King Center:
- (0.09 km) Georgia Beer Garden
- (0.11 km) Sister Louisa's Church of the Living Room & Ping Pong Emporium
- (0.10 km) Edgewood Corner Tavern
- (0.13 km) Old Fourth Ward Edgewood Avenue Pizzeria
- (0.12 km) SluttyVegan ATL