Santa Tecla Attractions
Top Things to Do in Santa Tecla, El Salvador
Things to Do in Santa Tecla
Book these experiences for a close-up look at Santa Tecla.
Top Attractions in Santa Tecla
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Excellent food, great service, and a spectacular view of Alhambra.
The dessert chocolate cake with white chocolate fill was terrific.Written 13 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I visited this place a week ago.
It called the rainbow slide.
The view is incredibly beautiful.
The slide is very fun to get on and a lot of adrenaline. It’s safe to slide. Just make sure you always keep your foot up.
I would come back soon to this beautiful place.Written 30 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very cheap to go see and it is worth visiting to support this site. You can do it in an hour. We ate a the little food stand. We had a pupusa and it was good as well as frozen chocolate covered fruit. It was a hot day...wear mosquito repellent.Written 5 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had planned to visit Estadio Municipal Las Delicias to watch a football match. The stadium is the home ground for Santa Tecla FC, a team in the Primera division of the Salvadoran football league. The stadium is about 25 minutes from the city and is very basic compared to English football stadia. The concrete terracing holds about 3000 supporters but there is plenty of room as it appears they are not well supported. The day we went there was about 300. The pitch is astroturf and there are refreshments and toilet facilities available. If you go to watch a match, and that is the only reason you would go, get a seat in the shade.Written 15 February 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You know those open air markets you always see on the Travel Channel but never around the regular tourist spots? Well hold on to your hat (and purse) because this is it! Bring sure to have a Spanish speaker in your group and try not to act too much like a tourist! Go in the morning because it gets hot inside the market, but plan to enjoy some freshly made pupusas and coffee too. There are people to sit and eat.
The vendors are crammed along the street as well as inside the market. It gets hot in there, so go in the morning. The people are friendly but somewhat assertive in selling especially because me and my kids stand out ethnically. Try some of the fruits you do not know - just ask for a sample. It's wonderfully fresh. We came home with fruits, vegetables, fresh fish & shrimp, hot pupusas and tortillas and enjoyed a wonderful meal at our apartment (after rinsing the raw stuff with bottled water).
Supposedly, the French people really like this market because of all the fresh food and I believe it. You can also buy clothes, DVDs (pirated probably), housewares or whatever. It's absolutely sensory overload. I would have liked to stay longer, but did not want to have to find a bathroom because it was not exactly pretty around there. Hopefully, we'll get to go back.Written 5 July 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Tecla
- The top attractions to visit in Santa Tecla are: See all attractions in Santa Tecla on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Santa Tecla according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Combo Tour: Volcanoes, Lake and Mayan Sites including Joya de Ceren
- Full day | San Salvador City Tour and Boqueron Volcano
- Full-Day El Salvador Archaeological Exploration and Sunset at a Mayan Pyramid
Santa Tecla Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 6:53 am|