Top Attractions in Ko Lipe
What travellers are saying
- such a beautiful island! came during low period so my experience is completely different than those who went during high season.
rained 2 out of 3 days when i was there but still managed to dive with Adang Sea Divers, explore the walking street and get a bamboo tattoo and Bao Bamboo Tattoo - all a must-do!
a lot of shops were closed during low season - will pick back up in october - and roads tended to be a little ‘flooded’ with water.
spent a short time here but will definitely be back next time when the weather’s better! one huge no for me is the mosquitoes everywhere so be prepared!! 😩Written 25 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ten Moons Resort has the best view of the sunrise each morning. So peaceful and memorable. You will never forget the colors.Written 19 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Perfect white sand beach, nice snorkling right from the beach, basically a dream.
BUT... many boats and the longtail boats not even respect the areas closed off for the swiming. They drive right through.
No care for the invironment, e.g. fire shows each night where the gasolin or whatever they use just drops in the sand... who cares. Its all about businessWritten 29 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Walked around to this beach from Pattaya beach to do some snorkeling. One beachfront resort with restaurant here. Nice quiet private beach location.Written 23 December 2020
- This beach is ok. You really have to pick the right place to see it. It's not the romantic picturesque sunset you imagine but it's romantic and beautiful enough to do a couple of times.Written 17 July 2020
- Lovely beach, specially for snorquel, sunset, sunrise and spend a great time by the beach, all in one. I love to spend time at the Beach Bar Zodiac, good music and great people and can also enjoy the sunset from there. When is low tide in thr middle of thesea appear a sand bank that is really great for taking pics or enjoy a swimming or snorkeling there.Written 25 October 2020
- Used Bundhaya for transfer from Koh Lipe to Ko Muk then Ko Muk to Ko Ngai then Ko Ngai to Ko Lipe. Booked online through 12Go Asia. All journeys were on time, comfortable, safe and smooth. Only issue was at Koh Ngai where on arrival, unloading of luggage nearly had my back pack rolling down a ramp into the water and then on leaving Koh Ngai I had to carry and load my own back pack to the longtail boat to get on the speedboat. This involved wadding through thigh high water full of stinging jelly fish watched by 1 boat driver and 3 boat men who were carrying and loading everyone else’s luggage. My Koh Ngai experience reduced my review score from 5 to 3Written 22 February 2020
- it’s a must-do since you’re already on the island. went during low season - quite a good number of stores closed and will only open in october onwards. but still just a nice stroll around
get a bamboo tattoo from Bao Bamboo Tattoo to complete your experience!Written 25 September 2022
- I was completely freaked out by the thought of getting from Langkawi to Koh Lipe via the SPB but my fears were unfounded. This is not a speed boat like the crossings from parts of Thailand to Koh Lipe. This is a fast ferry. It is covered in. And, there are proper seats, not bench seating which means there can be no overcrowding as there is nowhere for you stand. Contrary to other reviews I thought the staff were fine. They are not very communicative because I don't speak Thai and they don't speak English but they were fine. The crossing takes about 90 minutes. In our case it actually only took about 70 minutes. The boat stops where the water is deep enough and then long boats take you in to the pontoon that leads from the water onto the beach. The situation a the other end is kind of crazy but it is a tiny island and the infrastructure has taken a while to catch up to the island's popularity. The bags are put onto the beach then you wait until they call your name, go through immigration, go and get your bag off the beach and then someone from your hotel grabs you and you go...the situation is the same in reverse...but perhaps a little less crazy as you are leaving so things happen a bit more quickly.Written 29 January 2020
- A Beutifull little kay or island, good spot for picture of Koh lipe and kayaking or snorkel around, try not to go with low tide cause could harm the coral.Written 25 October 2020
- There's quite a history to this temple & you won't be disappointed to take the time out to visit it & the grounds. Be sure to be respectful in terms of dress & make a donation if you likeWritten 12 January 2020
- I went Ko Lipe in July, during the low season period and I made an online booking with Ko Lipe Diving School for their 10 dives package. It was amazingly easy in terms of the arrangement on the dive trips. Fitting of dive gears was done a day prior at the dive shop, managed by a couple Monika and Louis. They are nice and friendly, always putting a bright smile to any customers.
For all my 10 dives, my dive master was Joy and she has been fantastic dive master. She tries her best to find all the critters around the dives sites for me to take good photos of seahorse, frogfish, dancing shrimps ...etc. She is knowledgeable in the waters around the area , assessing the currents and ensured that our dives are done safety. I am sure I was in good hands as we explored the corals and seabed. She helped to look out for sea urchins as I position myself to take good photos of critters which I am most appreciative of the effort as I am too engross in getting those photos. Needless to say, i am very much satisfied with Ko Lipe diving school and with Joy as my dive master.
Unfortunately as it was low season, a lot of dive sites were closed and most of my dives were focused at a portion of Ko Adang, at Ko Lek and Ko Talu. Nonetheless, it was good enough to have seen so many critters in this dive trip.Written 15 August 2022
- We've been wanting to go to Lipe for some diving for a while, Adang were recommended to us so we thought we'd give them a go. The accommodation was a bit basic but the bed was comfy and we were right next to the dive school so it made life easy. The dives were amazing, the staff were knowledgable and friendly. We'll definitely be going back.Written 16 November 2022
- Myself and my wife had a really great time diving with Keira. It was my wife’s first time diving and she felt really safe, calm and comfortable underwater with Keira. We would highly recommend Keira for anyone wishing to dive when visiting Koh Lipe. We also took a Yoga class to which we found fun and challenging, shame we only had a couple of days there we would have liked to have done more. Thank you Keira hopefully see you again soon, from Keith & Apple xWritten 22 March 2021
- Forra Diving is a PADI certified diving school run by a French couple. Antoine is a professional diver with many years of experience and Valerie is the good soul who takes care of almost everything.
We quickly decided to do the PADI Open Water Diver course, which lasts 3 days. As a diving instructor we got Rafaniël, who was a godsend. With his patient and loving nature, and the way he explained things and taught us the basics - all of this made us feel comfortable and safe at all times. One should not underestimate this sport, it follows very serious procedures. It takes a teacher to encourage you from time to time and strengthen you to go a little further. Rafaniël masters all this to perfection.
It felt like we we were part of a family..Written 13 November 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Ko Lipe