- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
22 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Very British resort. A sort of hot and sunny miniature Canvey island with a view... You can find the Daily mail and the Daily Express of the day, it says it all... Nice enough place but if you boast an adventurous mind go further ! Here you will get the postcard, the food and the kindness of the people as well as gentle waves and a gentle slope into the deep blue sea for the kids. No hassle !Written 14 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This bar turned out to be very close to where we were staying, which was great because it served as a perfect place to stop on the way home from the main town in the evening.
They not only had a huge range of different cocktails, they had a lot that we had never seen or tried before, so we really enjoyed working our way through the menu. The couple that run the bar (and their daughter) were really friendly and helpful and we loved their cats!
The bar has a really nice ambience with 80s/90s music playing in the background and great views across the salt flats. Make sure you give this place a visit, it's perfect after a meal at the nearby Apollo!Written 7 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went for dinner following a recomendation . The place is clean and comfortable. We were served by a lovely friendly waitress called Katie who was very helpful. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. We will return next time we are in AlykesWritten 1 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- When we on holiday the first thing we look out for is a bar that does evening entertainment and we had already highlighted Iris Bar as one such venue, and we certainly weren't disappointed!
We went to see all 3 live shows here during the week of our stay - Robbie Williams, The Blues Brothers and Pink. All 3 were absolutely superb, especially Robbie who did an amazing 2 hour set and sounded just like the real thing.
They also have an amazing range of drinks, especially the cocktails, a lovely ambience and the staff were second to none, especially the young girl who remembered us each time we came and went the extra mile on every occasion.
If you are heading to Alykes and want to be entertained then Iris Bar is the one place you need to visit!Written 7 October 2022
- Disgusting! Cat poo everywhere which stinks in the heat. smashed glass and rubbish. Bins overflowing and never emptied. Nothing attractive about it just attracts mosquitoes and flies.Written 23 September 2022
- There isn't an awful lot here really except for the stunning views, to be honest it's a bit misleading to call this a port as it's basically just a jetty for small boats.
You can go out on little boats and jetskis and stuff, but for the bigger sightseeing boat trips you have to head to one of the main ports.Written 30 December 2022
- Billy is the best. Great drinks. Get the Daiquiris! Great atmosphere. Spend your day here and get to know the family that runs it!Written 11 August 2022
- Came across by accident. Only opened this season, friendly and welcoming. You get great view of the Main Street and across the beach to accompany a great choice of drinks.
The Mai TAi was particularly good and there is a wide choice for all.
Good for couples or families with younger children. All catered for.Written 28 August 2022
- Tuesday 27th July and we were on our way to visit the remote Bkack Cave of Kalithea.
Having turned off the main road we traveled along a narrow, an uneven and unsurfaced road (more like a laneway). We followed the signs to the Cave.
Along the way we spotted a number of ruined buildings including this Church, appeared to be a deserted mountain hamlet
We assumed that the damage was caused by the major earthquake of 1953, the Ionian Earthquake and never repaired so was abandoned.
We stopped on the roadside and we went to have a look. Walking around the Church was an eerie and a bit of sad feelings.
In the small bell tower was the remains of a piece of wood, which once held the bell in place, it was just hanging there, adding to the spookiness of the place.
Visiting here made our visit to the Cave even more enjoyable.Written 8 August 2021
- Great little bar, that has recently been taken over by a young woman. I am sure that it will keep improving as the summer progresses.
Well worth a visit. Please note the name of the bar is about to change.Written 15 July 2022
- Great atmosphere, good hosts and best cocktails! We liked it as it played our type of music and they have live music on Mondays. Highly recommendedWritten 14 August 2022
- Had a one hour ride last week absolutely fabulous. Popi and her son were lovely people. Beautiful well kept horses truly loved and cared for by Popi and her family. Rode through olive groves and down to the sea magical. She only takes rides early morning and evening not in the heat of the day. Worth every penny. Thank you Popi.
Will be back next year.Written 29 September 2022
- Spent 10 days out of 2 weeks recently , on the beach infront of this handy bar / residence . Perfect spot on a perfectly small end of Alykes beach , plus the added BONUS of only 5 Euros for Sunbeds x 2 etc .. the cheapest we've encountered on any Greek Isle for donkies . Not forgetting the cheery Spiros , dishing out fayre at the bar .. & collecting bed money .. on the beach . Thank you Spiros , for your cheery service .. much appreciated .Written 25 September 2022
- Best mojitos ever! And draft Stella arrived just as we were leaving! Great stop off on the way back from the beach 🍹 Eleni was a very friendly bar tender 🤩Written 19 May 2022
- We stayed at the Aphrodite Studios and Apartments, which are owned by the same family as the pool bar. Therefore we used the pool every day. The pool is a fantastic size and kept spotlessly clean. It is probably the biggest pool in Alykes. Anyone is free to use it, if they buy food and drink. It really is a lovely place to spend a few hours. Dimistris is a great host and will also keep you entertained.Written 24 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Alykes
- The best outdoor activities in Alykes according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Alykes on Tripadvisor
Alykes Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 1:43 pm|