- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Very British resort. A sort of hot and sunny miniature Canvey island with a view... You can find the Daily mail and the Daily Express of the day, it says it all... Nice enough place but if you boast an adventurous mind go further ! Here you will get the postcard, the food and the kindness of the people as well as gentle waves and a gentle slope into the deep blue sea for the kids. No hassle !Written 14 October 2022
- If you are considering booking with this company just do it !!! George made my birthday extra special with an amazing trip and even a bottle of Prosecco to celebrate ! Such a great and knowledgeable guy and even beat the price of other companies. Best day of the whole holiday making wonderful memories .
Thank you George !Written 29 September 2022
- This bar turned out to be very close to where we were staying, which was great because it served as a perfect place to stop on the way home from the main town in the evening.
They not only had a huge range of different cocktails, they had a lot that we had never seen or tried before, so we really enjoyed working our way through the menu. The couple that run the bar (and their daughter) were really friendly and helpful and we loved their cats!
The bar has a really nice ambience with 80s/90s music playing in the background and great views across the salt flats. Make sure you give this place a visit, it's perfect after a meal at the nearby Apollo!Written 7 October 2022
- When we on holiday the first thing we look out for is a bar that does evening entertainment and we had already highlighted Iris Bar as one such venue, and we certainly weren't disappointed!
We went to see all 3 live shows here during the week of our stay - Robbie Williams, The Blues Brothers and Pink. All 3 were absolutely superb, especially Robbie who did an amazing 2 hour set and sounded just like the real thing.
They also have an amazing range of drinks, especially the cocktails, a lovely ambience and the staff were second to none, especially the young girl who remembered us each time we came and went the extra mile on every occasion.
If you are heading to Alykes and want to be entertained then Iris Bar is the one place you need to visit!Written 7 October 2022
- We went for dinner following a recomendation . The place is clean and comfortable. We were served by a lovely friendly waitress called Katie who was very helpful. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced. We will return next time we are in AlykesWritten 1 October 2022
- Came across by accident. Only opened this season, friendly and welcoming. You get great view of the Main Street and across the beach to accompany a great choice of drinks.
The Mai TAi was particularly good and there is a wide choice for all.
Good for couples or families with younger children. All catered for.Written 28 August 2022
- Billy is the best. Great drinks. Get the Daiquiris! Great atmosphere. Spend your day here and get to know the family that runs it!Written 11 August 2022
- We took the Caretta Caretta tour with Golden Dolphin today from Alykanas. Transfer from Alykanas to the boat is 30 minutes.
You need to walk through the sea to get on and off the boat. Take aqua shoes and wear shorts/swimwear, the water will go up to your thigh.
The boat will visit a harbour as well as the islands (goes inside the caves) in an attempt to spot the turtles. No guarantees but the captain tried very hard and we got to see the turtles more than once.
There is a swimming stop on the island for an hour, long enough to get an ice cream/frappe from the beach bar and have a wander to see the turtles nesting or have a dip in the sea.
No complaints really, a lovely little excursion to break up the week and good value for money in my opinion.
€25 per adult, €20 for children. At the beach bar it's €5 for a hotdog, €4 for a frappe/ice cream. They accept cards. Do take cash if you want to tip the bus driver/boat captain.Written 23 October 2022
- My children wanted to do this activity more than I did. I quite enjoyed, though seem to have no balancing skills.
The boards were in good condition. Instruction was good on how to actually stand up. Good fun for an hour. Recommended.Written 7 September 2020
- Great atmosphere, good hosts and best cocktails! We liked it as it played our type of music and they have live music on Mondays. Highly recommendedWritten 14 August 2022