We were in India for a short time so my family and wanted to make the most of it by using this 3 day tour of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. It was excellent and I would recommend!
Here are some of my general experiences using this tour:
- The tour operator was responsive and willing to help sort out any issues that came up along the way. He used Whatsapp to contact me and keep in touch for any issues.
- All parts of the tour were excellent and all guides were experienced and knowledgeable in their history of each site.
- We chose the 4 star hotel option and got Clarks Shiraz Hotel in Agra and The Fern Hotel in Jaipur. They both were comfortable and far exceeded my expectations. A buffet style breakfast was included with these hotels and the food was incredible!
- The restaurants we were taken to for lunch were also great (not paid for in the tour cost) - We honestly got a bit tired of the curries during our trip and these restaurants offered varieties.
- The driver, Shiva, was friendly and he had extremely long journeys to make, so we really felt for him! His English was not great but we think he understood us for the most part.
- The minibus (for 5 of us) was spacious, comfortable, clean and luxurious.
- Our guides were Dillip Singh (Delhi), Vijay Chauhan (Agra) and Ashok Sharma (Jaipur).
They were all knowledgeable, professional and inspiring. They made each visit special and memorable.
We would have liked to spend longer in Agra Fort and the Taj Mahal and felt a bit rushed.
- There are some "surprise stops" everyday along the tour including high-end shops. We did not mind because it added to our understanding of the culture and art.
However, some of the store owners really try to push you to buy products, and the tour guides left us in each shop with an unlimited amount of time.
It became uncomfortable for us and we would have appreciated it if after an hour someone came to rescue us.
Of course we ended up buying a tapestry and marble art, but these stops took up an excessive amount of time and took away from our experience, as half of the time we were trying to politely decline buying things we did not want.
- The driving time between places was underestimated on the tour description. Between Agra and Jaipur took over 6 hours, and between Jaipur and Delhi was over 5 hours.
There was a short stop for a bathroom break along the way, but would not recommend buying souvenirs from these driving stops as they are extremely overpriced. We know because we bought them, then found them elsewhere much cheaper...
All in all it was a great experience and I would recommend it!