Top Attractions in Lagoi
What travellers are saying
- We travelled in a group of 4 adults.Rooms are nice and clean.Staff are very friendly. The downfall was anything you wanted to do cost money ,nothing was free for example the pool swim rings were hire only , the back gammon board cost, the golf cart to drive around the resort cost, to play billards it cost.When it first opened 25yrs ago these were included in your stay for free. You can't hire a car and drive around Bintan Island yourself , you have to hire a driver as well. Would we come here again probably not .Written 30 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Marine Life Discovery Park is a new attraction in Bintan that was opened in Oct 2019. Very well maintained park. From entrace, we were greeted by smiley receptionists that explained the inclusions in the entrance fees. Adult IDR 150,000, Child IDR 100,000. Which equates to SGD15 and SGD10 respectively however they only accept IDR but take major credit cards.
We got free guided tour by Verdy as part of the freebies during soft opening. He took his time to walked us through all attractions and shared his knowledge about each animals and their interesting facts.
Firstly, we walked through ECO Sanctuary to learn about the two species of turtles they have and you can feed the turtles for IDR 30,000 as part of their conservations donation. Yuyun spent her time to demonstrate how to pat the turtles and explained the harmful effects of plastic rubbish in the ocean that often was mistaken as jellyfish by the turtles as food and causing death. Interesting facts, all the turtles in the sanctuary are females and asked the friendly guide for reason.
ECO LIFE BOARDWALK is where you can meet mangroves animals eg sea hawk, monitor lizard, mud crabs, python and mudskippers. Kids will be fascinated with their magic aquarium where you can put your hands magically into the tank to feel the fishes and the water will not flow out. SEA And TOUCH POOL was manned by Gunawan on that day. He is very good with kids and spent time encouraging my girl to come in the pool to have close encounter with the star fish, sea cucumber, fishes and baby shark.
Kids can snorkel in KIDS EXPLORER which is about 1metre deepest to meet different species of fishes and star fish. Bigger kids can venture to MARINE ODYSSEA to snorkel and swim with over 70species of fishes. Try your luck to spot the 50kgs Grouper that like to hide among the rocks and coral. Unfortunately, the SHARKY SHORES and RAY DISCOVERY is not operational yet during our visit in January 2020.
The Marine Cafe, served mouth watering local and western food. We ordered Ayam Penyet, Satay Ayam and kids meal chicken bento. They taste good and price cheaper than the two hotels nearby.
We spent more than 3hours enjoying each attractions. The park fees is well worth it for their conservation effort and awareness programme they bring to the visitors. The family of Marine Life Discovery Park especially Yuyun, Verdy and Gunawan had presented a memory of lifetime for us today. Thank you. We will definitely come back again.Written 20 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Eco farm is integrated with the safari. When you first enter, there will be a small area, they have some conical woven hats where you can borrow, it is useful especially when it is hot. You can also purchase some vegetables and other food if you want to feed the animals in the safari. There is also a small provision shop selling snacks and drinks.
They have a decent range of animals and plants in a vast spread land. You can expect to see animals like komodo dragon, crocodiles, deer, monkeys, snakes, a variety of birds, and even honey bears! The zoo is currently still maintaining, I think there will be some new animals in the future.
After you finish exploring the safari, you can get to enjoy some fruits(Durian, pineapples etc) , tea and fruit rojak and other snacks at a small cost. Not an experience to be missed.Written 17 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place is great and nice but sadly only spa place, and some floaties shop is open. Hope it can be restored soon.
If you need to go on toilet, the toilet is clean enough to go :)Written 23 May 2022
- The lantern park is situated near the beach and it looks new.
Lights will be up and windy at night and good to take pic in the day.Written 30 December 2019
- Great reception and massages. Really worth going services. Prices are 2-3 times cheaper than in hotels so we massaged ourselves every day for 90 minutes! Btw they pick you up from your hotel for free! There is one lady in particular that I would like to recommend: her name is Tanti. Her hands are unforgettable!Written 22 November 2022
- We are a golfer couple and we did the right decision to spend our weekend getaway at Ria Bintan Golf Club. Superb Ocean course!! We even repeated Hole 8 and Hole 9 of Ocean course two days in a row! simply fantastic view for a fun-tastic golf experience. Highly recommended Golf Course in Indonesia!Written 2 March 2022
- Can any one help me out with how to reach air adventure flying club after arriving at the bintan resorts from the ferry? Is it of a walkable distance or do I hav to take a cab or any other transport?Written 1 June 2018
- Beautiful and nice-smelling spa. Very clean as well. I love the lemongrass jelly they served when I entered. I did the traditional Javanese aromatherapy massage and it was extremely relaxing. I could choose from a tray of aroma essence and the masseuse would use it for my massage. She gave me very clear directions on what she was going to do next and made sure to ask me whether I was comfortable. There are even bathrooms for you to wash up if you don't want to feel oily afterwards. Plus point: The spa is located near the beach front and it was perfect for an evening stroll right after the session.Written 26 November 2019
- Went for the night tour and view was something i would never get to see in my home country. Surreal ambience with night stars and fireflies. The price was a bit steep but i liked the experienceWritten 7 August 2022
- Club Med Bintan is a magical resort on the Bintan Island 1 hr by ferry from Singapore.
Pros: Meals….out of this world. All you can drink package is fine, just don’t expect top shelf. The circus school for kids and kids clubs is top notch. The beach….JUST WOW, with snorkeling only 10m out on the left side. Lush estate with monkeys and lots of coconut trees. Staff lovely and very friendly.
Cons: Rooms are a bit dated (like most Club Meds)….when we arrived roof one room was leaking but they fixed it quickly. Pool is not giant (like most Club Meds) but is fine.Written 4 September 2022
- A tranquil and peaceful spot to unwind form the craziness of urban life.
To hear the waves and the crickets outside while lying on a massage table, reminded me of a Singapore of yesteryear.
I went there in early February, during the Corvid19 kerfuffle. It felt safe and it completely relaxed my body and spirit.
I took the maximum massage of 75 minutes, everyday over the three days I was there. And it was, in a word, wonderful. Competent hands with good quality oils. The treatment room was on stils over a river that slowly flowed into the sea. Simple yet it had everything you need to be comfortable.
The only downside is the humidity. But then, where in the tropics isn't it humid? At least at the river spa, you are stripped down to the minimum. After the massage starts, even the humidity won't be a bother.
The treatments was decently priced, a great deal less than what you find in Bintan Resorts.What a hidden gem.
All in all, more than good value for money. I will be back.Written 18 February 2020
- We used the services of this business a few days ago. They provide with nice and convenient service. Thank you Opay (driver) for the service. Call this number +62 857 6294 2850 for their servicesWritten 26 May 2022
- I had one of the best deep tissue massages in my life yesterday here, and I've had 40+ years of massages in my life, right ?, so I know what I'm talking about.
5 star place. Get the 2 hour massage.
Ask for Ms Sarah if you have some knots that your masseuse at home cannot fix, and she will fix them for you !!!Written 26 October 2022
- Surprise course is still kept in good condition. Can understand restaurant at club house is closed and food takes 45 mins from Cassia Hotel. Staff are helpful and Smiling at all times.
Due to hot weather should provide 2 bottles of drinking water instead on only 1 . 😄😄Written 17 May 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lagoi