- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The El Toledo Coffee Tour exceeded our expectations. We thought it might be a dry presentation, "these are coffee plants, these are the drying beds, this is a roaster, etc." Far from it! Gabriel shared his family's history, how and why they do what they currently do, and how they continue to look for solutions rather than complaining about problems. We found Gabriel to be very knowledgeable, but not dogmatic.
The grounds are beautiful and everyone we met was friendly. The tasting was a great way to end the tour. My spouse doesn't like coffee and yet found the tasting to be enjoyable. We are so glad we did the tour. Grateful for Gabriel's time and looking forward to enjoying the coffee, marmalade and other items we bought.Written 29 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As others have said, this is worth a visit if you are in the area: a curious place, the museum itself is open only on Sundays, although the outside area for the hike along the old railway lines to the old bridge can probably be done any time.Written 16 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Understood it was typically open on Sundays - went and was closed. Hours are not posted well on the website. I've sent two emails to the website's address to verify hours but have not heard back. Disappointed but really want to goWritten 26 September 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Once again, Walter and his team exceeded our expectations. Sherry and I have traveled all over with work and pleasure, BUT, by far Walter and Company is absolutely the Best! In every way! We recommend to everyone. Thanks Walter. Sherry and Wap ParkerWritten 12 August 2022
- We haven’t used travel companies before, but we didn’t have much time to plan our trip to Costa Rica. A friend connected us with Esteban and Kate and our trip wouldn’t have been the same without them. It was a great balance of adventure and relaxation for the two of us.
We originally planned to drive ourselves for more flexibility, but changed our minds to have Esteban drive us. That was 100% the right call. He had connections for activities and shared bikes, paddle boards, etc, which helped us make the most of our 8 days in Costa Rica.
After a Zoom meeting and a few emails, we were ready to go. Our trip included everything we were looking for - beaches, snorkeling, animals, hiking, rain forests, and mountain biking. Esteban and Kate planned an awesome itinerary and offered other options to change plans based off of weather or if we were in the mood for something else. We highly recommend Aventuras Costa Rica to help you plan a wonderful vacation!Written 14 August 2022
- Was looking for a mountain bike ride near where we stayed in Esterillos and found Todd here on TripAdvisor. Met up with Todd outside of Jaco and rode up into the hills for a 2 hour ride. The mountain bike he brought for me was in great shape and equipment worked good. He also brought me a spare helmet. The ride took us to an overlook way above Jaco. Todd was friendly, full of information and rode at my pace. Will definitely look Todd up again the next time I’m in Costa Rica.Written 13 April 2022
- Right on the main plaza. Very large. The stained glass windows behind the altar light up the sanctuary most of the day.Written 23 August 2021