Scuba & Snorkelling • Boat Tours
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
What travellers are saying
- Fabulous afternoon spent exploring the Mangrove, reefs, and island. We were the only English speakers on the boat but our fellow passengers were lovely and Max, our captain/guide went out of his way to make us feel included but stopping to explain everything in English also. Would highly recommend.Written 12 May 2022
- We booked a half day trip in the 5th of January in 2021.
We had a great time!! Bruno (the captain) was a true professional! Music on board, explanations about the places we visited and the equipment for the snorkeling was provided).
We recommend it! Thank you GwadaventureWritten 6 January 2021
- Capt Felix is a knowledgeable and personable host of this wonderful trip around the lagoon. He was thoughtful and entertaining sharing his understanding of the location and ecosystem with us on our journey. I would recommend him and this excursion to anyone who has an interest in the world that we live in.Written 14 September 2022
- Excellent tour! We learned so much about the coralreef and the mangrove. Nice places to dive, and family friendly! You should not miss out on this experience. The boat driver and tourguide knew so much about the coralreef and mangrove, and how to protect them. We felt really safe and had a great time!Written 8 July 2022
- 5 stars for this trip. Amazing value. A little adventure piloting your own boat. Jeremy was a fantastic guide. Such a beautiful place. Highly recommendedWritten 22 January 2019
- You can drive by yourself your own small boat! Richard is a very knowledgeable guide, he gives you nice tipps as well. We ended eating together in a very small restaurant (not part of the tour, but when asking at the end where can we have our lunch, he just come with us and gives us best recommendation).
Thank you, Richard!Written 9 March 2019
- If you are looking for a great day/activity, don’t search any longer! Gwada Boats has it all. The boats are in super good condition and they’re equiped with a navigation-system. This system allows you to follow a route that brings you to multiple highlights in the lagoon. Furthermore we had a bluetooth speaker on board, tubas and masks, a Caraïbean Lunch, … everything we needed for a PERFECT day!! 🌴Written 14 February 2022
- Unfortunately they forgot us. We reserved an afternoon tour with them and after confirmation they simply erased us. We arrived at the port and nobody was there, as they had rented the boat to a private party. They could have let us know in advance so that we could book with another company, but they didn't. We were on a Cruise so we had no chance to take the tour on a different day. I was travelling with my old mother, who will never go back to Guadeloupe, so she lost this opportunity. Besides this the lady who answered with whatsapp messages and vocals sounded rude even though she admitted she was responsabile of what happened.... I can add that we had a lovely stay in the Caribbean and that this company was the only one to let us down. Bomb them with messages before you visit, in order to be sure, as they are not reliable at all (as we were on navigation we couldn't do so). A real pity!Written 24 December 2019
- Why go on a 4h tour where they charge you 80$ per person to be pushed around by the guide when you can have your own boat for about 100$ for up to 5 persons?
The small boat is equipped with all safety device, a marine gps and a 6hp engine.
When you show up for your reservation, they provide a quick safety/boat orientation training which last around 15 minutes and then you are free to go!
The GPS provided have some pre-programmed route you can follow to different point of interest; reef snorkel spot, mangroves, shipwreck, small sand island... The owner will suggest a routing, but once on the water you're free to go see what you want as long as you stick to gps so that you don't get stuck in shallow water.
BRING SUNSCREEN... omg I can't stress that enough... the sun seems ten time warmer on the water... we got burned hahah
At the end of the trip, they'll "measure" how much gas you used and tag you with an additional 10$..
Both my girlfriend and I loved that day.. we snorkeled, we took a nap on the boat we visited the mangroves, and we both wouldn't hesitate to revisite lagoon location.
Merci beaucoup!Written 9 June 2017
- Great journey on a boat, snorkeling on the corals and even on a wreck! Observing birds in mangrove swamp with hilarious Marie-Laure's explications. With lots of delicious rhum cocktails, nice music and very good humour. Jordan, the young Captain is also part of the splendid view ;)Written 25 February 2018
- Christian speaks very passable English, and he and his son provided us with a delightful narration and explanation of many of the things we were discovering in the mangrove swamp. He took the time to point out many of the things that will hide or not be visible from motorized or larger boat tours. A very intimate and friendly experience, I highly recommend this company. The family is clearly devoted to ecological preservation and education, and to ensuring a very positive tour experience for all.Written 15 January 2017
- When I was looking around at the harbour for a boat trip I got to know Marie-france. She was very friendly and humourous. I decided to go with her and it was a very good decision. ☺️ We (5 french guys and I) had a great time with her. she knows a lot about the environment there. Marie-france explained a lot about the flora and fauna and it was very important for her, respecting the nature. I really appreciated that.
We had a wonderful time, with loads of information, tasty food, and a lot of time exploring the carribean sea while snorkeling. Thank youWritten 26 June 2022
- It is hard to find words to describe what a wonderful experience it was. There are many great seas, reefs and mangroves, and I have taken similar trips in many countries (Ecuador, Argentina, Puerto Rico), but never was I so impressed. The key is the guide: Franck is a man who respects nature and respects people. His responsibility and work ethics are quite exceptional. Details: we took an 8 hours-long kayak trip to the ilets on the lagoon. We visited 2 small islands and shallows somewhere in the middle of the lagoon, where Franck showed and explained many species of animals and plants (only in French, but even with my very limited understanding of it, it was worth it - you can read things on your own after the trip). On the second island - Ilet Biche - we snorkeled and had lunch. I mean a feast! The man unpacked food and drinks for 18 people from his tiny kayak, and we enjoyed well marinated dorade (bream) fish and rum!!! I joked I wouldn't be surprised if he served dessert and coffee, and... he did!!! On our way back we visited shore mangroves and kayaked through the narrow corridors they create, discussing plants and animals. The day required a lot of kayaking (I still wonder what distance we made - a good few miles for sure), and we were the slow ones... Franck was able to manage a group of 10 kayaks and make sure no one stayed behind, making the atmosphere feel relaxed. Back home, I can jump three steps running up the subway stairs after our activities in Guadeloupe! And I still have the memory of that day on the lagoon. The greatest rest/effort ever. Franck, thank you so much for the most beautiful, challenging and relaxing day you gave us!! / Merci beaucoup pour le plus beau, stimulant et relaxant jour que tu nous donnes!! Monika & JerzyWritten 9 April 2018
- The owners: kind people with excellent English skills. Their explanation of the boat, routes, and places to visit was great.
The boats: cute and easy to handle. Anchoring the boat is easy, and in all places but one, you can just use a clip with a rope.
The sites: definitely worth it. You see mangroves up close, as well as snorkeling over two (!) ship wrecks. In addition, you can visit/drive past a few islands.
We were two people renting the boat, and it ended at a good price, too. Best spent 60 euros (per person) ever!
Also enjoyed a planteur drink with the others at the dock afterwards:)Written 20 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sainte Rose
Sainte Rose Tours Information
|Tour Prices From||$69.5|