- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
35 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 35
What travellers are saying
- Small but perfectly formed zoo. We spent a couple of hours and this was about perfect, although would have been longer if there were lots of people. The layout is good and you walk around one-way. The overhead walk way is amazing and gives a different viewpoint. Lots of pretty flowers as well as the animals. Avoid in the rain as you get pretty wet !Written 22 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great little beach with good facilities and parking nearby. We will be back to this beach again during our holiday.Written 7 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Plenty of activities to book from here, diving, boat trips etc. Also like 4 restaurants to have lunch or a drink. Th beach itself it's not that big. Definitely the highlight was the boat trip with the bottom glass and a quick swim after.Written 5 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Even though it’s a magical spot, something that bother me huge time was all the plastics, glass and trash in the beach. The spot is perfect, natural, many animals, crabs, fishes... but as you can state in the pictures, I picked up some trash in 3 minutes nearby me. Guadeloupe Tourism Destination Organisation, please fix this!!Written 20 January 2020
- Just go to the beach in Bouillante, don't pay , and it's quite unlike anything we have seen, even in Iceland. It is the meetung of an unbelievably hot river (which would probably kill you) and the sea. What a brilliantly named town!Written 2 March 2020
- There is a huge black column. We can't miss it!
This is also a memorial of the fighter for liberty. It says: "Live or die."
Resistance against oppression.
This monument is in favor of liberty. I agree with them.
A must see!Written 30 August 2019
- It was a rainy day while we visited the beach. The guy spoke fairly decent English. We wanted to stay in the area where our b&b was. He recommended activities and drew on a map. Most literature everywhere is in French but with drawing we made our way to find places.Written 9 February 2018
- I chose this PADI site based on proximity to Cousteau reserve and the 5 stars it gets in the PADI app.
I can say they are a) very able to accommodate on short notice b) very friendly c) professional d) very good value for money.
Felt safe and in good hands with both the owner and another Dive master later in the afternoon.
Plenty of equipment to borrow if you need.
Sites are close to their location minimising the need to travel far by boat.
The Cousteau reserve in itself was more “very good” than “wow/amazing/never-seen-anything-like-it-before” but that’s still a very positive experience for me.
Would definitely recommend!Written 8 August 2022
- Since we cannot visit and dive during the pandemic, the best thing to do is to improve your skills and knowledge.
I had the pleasure to meet online with Jeoffrey from Bleu Passion. He was more than helpful in helping me find what I was looking for in SSI eLearning. I completed all my courses from home. I took a bunch of courses called Ecology Pack. It was wonderful to learn all the interesting facts about all the sea creatures I meet while diving.
I even completed my Nitrox and Dry Suit course, just need to go and find the nearest SSI dive shop to complete the practical part of the course.
Jeoffrey was great to chat with and we plan on visiting their shop when we go diving in Guadeloupe. Can't wait to put all my learning to use on the reef.
ConyWritten 10 July 2020
- My wife and I chose Alizée Plongé for her diving baptism following the advice of friends who had dove with them. Staff were friendly, didactic, and I was particularly impressed by the comments made to ensure we (the tourists) didn’t adversely impact the environment. Smaller and less mass-market than other providers on Malendure, I wholeheartedly recommend diving with them at Réserve Cousteau.Written 5 September 2022
- This was our second time to do a "baptism" dive in tandem with an instructor, since we are total dive novices. Alexis and his team were incredibly welcoming and put us at ease, answering all of our questions, and leading us on an unforgettable experience. Both my husband and I wanted to dive and they let us bring our 6 year old son on board with us for no extra cost and even outfitted him in a wet suit in case he wanted to snorkel with one parent while the other was diving. Super sympa! Last year we did our first dive at Les Ilets de Pigeon (Jardin de Corail). This year's dive was more impressive on the lesser know reef just off of the coast from La Rand'eau. The environment was remarkably more colorful (coral varieties) than the Jardin de Corail, which is so much more frequented by tourists. La Rand'eau is hard to find. There are signs 900 meters before the turn off, going south, and at 500 m. before coming north, but none at the actual turn-off. The turn-off is at the big sign for "Restaurant La Tortue" which shares the space in the cove with La Rand'eau. Book in advance! We tried to book a snorkeling tour initially, and they were already booked up for 4 days in advance. Enjoy!Written 1 March 2019
- I would recommend Phillippe,s dive centre. He runs a very good centre with good equipment and is safety conscious.
I was not booked in GPE when I arrived but soon found out the centre I was booked with, was a dive factory!!.
GPE is totally different Phillippe is patience, very knowledgeable about the sea life and the island.
Most of my dives where 70 minutes long and we have been the only boat at the sites.
Anyone visiting Guadeloupe to dive should pay Phillippe a visit.Written 18 June 2019
- Excellence personified. The team were helpful, knowledgeable and keen to ensure we had the best (and safest) time… which we did.
All kit was well kept and in full working order, the team gave us advice and guidance and we had everything we needed for a great day out. This was amazing value for money and something for all the family to get involved in.Written 9 July 2022
- We took a "Level 1" visit with our 9 year old son and were impressed by the guide's care and ability to blend explanations of the terrain and plants into our descent of the canyon.
Our guide was very careful to enable us to do i.e. jumps, but was very helpful to allow those uncomfortable to climb around difficult pieces.
A great afternoon!Written 9 January 2021
- If you want to take a Kayak to the Cousteau national reserve (which you should because it’s awesome), definitely choose Caraibe Kayak.
Great people helped us (Robert and Saleem) and we had an awesome day, 3 hours is more than enough for you to Kayak out to the reserve, snorkel for a full 2 hours, and Kayak back, if you do take fins stay in deeper water to avoid damaging the coral reef, we unfortunately saw many people with fins accidentally kicking into the corals, really sad to see in such a pretty spot. My wife and I took water shoes and they were sufficient to enjoy the reef. Before leaving Caraibe kayaks gives you a briefing on what to expect and avoid at the reserve, it is suggested to listen to this as it is very informative, and upon returning the equipment you get a drink! Which was unexpected but welcomed after all the paddling. They were also nice enough to let me keep the snorkel gear I rented past our rental to use at the beach, which was nice of them. Definitely recommend kayaking with Caraibe Kayak.Written 27 March 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Bouillante