Top Attractions in Great Exuma
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- After a couple recommendations, we put a visit to Coco Plum on our agenda, and it was amazing! There was no sign for beach access and the drive to the parking area was an adventure avoiding the potholes, but these are my only complaints. The beach itself was absolutely breathtaking, and the water depth at low tide made for an extra special trip for our children. We ventured a couple hundred yards from the shore, never reaching water depths above the knees! Highly recommend this beach—pack a cooler and beach games and stay awhile!Written 26 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pigs were lots of fun to see and feed. We went with Triple A Adventures and had a great time. Would reccomdnd, they are huge and very curious. Definately had fun petting piglets.Written 29 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- So many great beaches ... but Cheeseburger and Starfish were our favorites. You can walk to these from St. Francis if you get the trails map!Written 25 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Loving this beautiful escape. It's not overcrowded and its clean. The sands gently ease into the ocean, giving a nice shallow retreat for far stretches. Great for all ages.Written 15 August 2022
- The boat rental was worth it. Lots of small islands and we saw two tiger sharks. It's fun to stop at various cays and explore.Written 27 February 2020
- Absolutely one of the best beaches in the world. Access to the beach is not for mobility impaired people as the ramp is steep and slippery. Gorgeous turquoise water, calm and clear, with powder fine sand as far as the eye can see. The turtles swim right up to people in the water. But PLEASE be mindful that turtles do NOT eat lettuce, cabbage, etc. in their natural habitat. Feeding these creatures will harm their existence, and if we want them to be here for years to come, we need to respect them in THEIR home. Do not pick them up, as it causes them stress. Their natural diet consists of sea grass, and feeding/handling turtles makes them susceptible to all kinds of problems.
We are guests in their home. Please do not abuse animals for your own enjoyment or social media clout. There are even signs explaining why this is harmful, so I’m not sure why anyone would disregard the warnings. Boat tour operators seem to be the biggest offenders, so I for one will be conscious to avoid patronizing any business that participates in mishandling these majestic creatures.
There’s plenty of room to spread out here, so be mindful of private property, take your trash with you, leave it as you found it, and enjoy nature with the utmost care. It’s our responsibility to ensure future generations enjoy the privilege of exploring their world.Written 9 August 2022
- We had planned to go with a1 taxi to stocking island but found out they weren't working that day. He recommended we use Elvis. We saw someone close to a car playing music with a gold necklace and he claimed to be taking reservations for Elvis taxi. We were a little weary at first, but gave him our credit card for $20 pp round trip. The card declined, which is interesting because it's never happened before. We then paid cash & received 2 tickets. He said it would be about 25 minutes so we wandered to the deck we thought the boat would show up. After about 30 minutes we asked him where we should wait and he directed us to Island boy bar where there were others waiting as well. We stayed there another 30 minutes or so. We were about to give up and ask for our $ back but then we saw him walking up, and directed us to the boat. Elvis was the captain and was professional and asked when everyone needed to be back. Our pickup time was likely inconvenient for him but he showed up right on time. We got there & back safely so I have no complaints.Written 16 July 2022
- Paul is a wonderful host, he picked us up. Give us a tour around town, took us to the grocery store, licor store, his hospitality is incredible. If it’s your first time coming to the Exumas Paul’s cottages (Seagrapes) Airbnb.is the way to go. He called confirmed our reservations for pigs tour. And boat retal. And also to where to get the covid test. Seagrapes cottages is clean, with a beautiful view of three sisters beach. Has wifi, AC and everything you need to be comfortable. Thank you Paul for the wonderful memories.Written 23 May 2021
- Love this store and never leave without buying several great items. It is the only higher-end "resort wear" like store I know of in Georgetown but also has great local items, books and jewelry. I go here after I hit up the straw market across the street for a perfect afternoon of shopping in Georgetown!Written 25 October 2022
- I have not seen it myself. one has to go there and scuba dive. people that can do that liked the view =a tall wall under water totallyWritten 15 August 2019
- True ruins, neat to see, however, not maintained by the government, a caretaker, resort or anyone really.Written 28 November 2022
- we went to the area and stumbled on that place. it looked totally lost and not maintained although it is part of exuma's history.Written 22 December 2018
- This shop was the only place I found to buy fresh fruit or vegetables. They also have boxes, bottles, jars and cans! Four dollars for a 6 pack of soda, 1.80 for 2 bananas. It is island pricing and availability
Must wear a mask!.Written 15 November 2021
- We enjoyed the landscaping and view as we poked around waiting for our dinner reservation. The old tombstones had some great history.Written 21 March 2019
- The Marina Emerald Bay was great! Great slips for our boat, great service (especially Ericka!). We also had access to a rental car delivered and picked up for us! AND - you have access to the Grand Isle Resort - a beautiful resort, palapa restaurant, Spa (Latrevia was a great massage Therapist!). Kevin at the beach, Emmerson at the pool, Tyrone at the Restaurant, all great! A great bonfire on Friday nights! Loved it!!Written 12 April 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Great Exuma
- The best day trips from Great Exuma according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Exuma Powerboat Tour from Nassau
- All Inclusive Intimate Pig Beach Excursion to Exuma Swimming Pigs has 7 Stops
- Exuma Island Hopping and Swimming Pigs Tour with Lunch
- Full-Day Small-Group Tour to Pig Beach in the Bahamas by Powerboat
- Small Group Tour- Flight, Lunch and Swimming with the Pigs Included