Top Attractions in Tanah Rata
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- It's a beautifull tea plantation. Take the walk down to the picnic area (need a wristband - 3 RM) and skip the ride down (at least as you have the abbilty to hike up again) Smell the tea leaves and order a fesh cup of tea!Written 16 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After reading the article "a complete hiking guide to Cameron highlands" from "bucketlistly blog", we decided to do the same trail as the blogger (a combination of trail 10 and 6), you'll find the circuit and the other trails in details on the blog...
The moderate hike in the forest was really nice, but once at the top, we found that the view was spoiled by some big buildings.
On our way down, we went throught trail 6, its first part was steep and very narrow as said in the article. At the end of the hike, we passed throught a tea plantation and because it is a private property, we had to pay 3Rm per person for passing from there.
The view of the tea plantations was nice but having seen many gorgeous ones in Sri Lanka, i should say that it was not that attracting for us. (Maybe we just became a little hard to please!)Written 14 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Never knew apples and grapes can be grown in Malaysia. Its a free and easy walk around the park. Can bring your own sandwich and have a break too.Written 28 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a really extensive and unique collection of mah meri carvings. The owner is obviously so passionate and knowledgeable about preserving this disappearing art. We loved learning about the history and symbolism of the masks and statues. A must visit and highlight of our time in Cameron Highlands!Written 6 November 2022
- One of the cleanest and serene places. We enjoyed a lot. We were staying at Camerin Hughland Resorts. A very Anglo vintage place, which is very well maintained and clean. We loved our stay. We did do the general visits like the tea gardens, sheep feeding, Flower Gardens etc. It was really very busy over the weekend though. But worth the visit.Written 15 August 2022
- Starting at the Smokhouse Hotel alongside the golfcourse. Follow trail 3. Maps.me shows the route very well indeed. We heard trail 7 would be quite hard to go down with a lot of plants hiding the path. So we took trail 8 all the way down. Without any problem. But I guess in rainy weather conditions may be more difficult!!!Written 11 December 2019
- A nice surprise to find such a vast range of different flowers. Expecting the usual small garden we paid the entrance (RM5) to go into the garden area. Very nice and the range of flowers is fascinating. Be aware that there are many steps so not really suitable for those with mobility issues.Written 31 October 2021
- This is a lovely church on top of a hill in Tanah Rata. Free to visit for public. Garden is well kept and place is breezy. We attended Sunday mass here at 8.30am. A serene and relaxing place, perfect for meditation.Written 27 April 2020
- A small path surrounded by different flowers, trees and vines, which gave a very pleasant feeling. It's like walking among a maintained mini forest. A short but enjoyable visit.Written 10 July 2017
- It’s a nice waterfall after about 500m walking from parking lot.
The waterfall is fine, might be better at raining season.
The walk is not very easy, plenty of waste around and the water is stinkyWritten 5 February 2020
- Crowd with visitor during my visit. Strawberry was not allowed during my visit due to strawberry plant still growing its fruit. A little bit disappointed. However, we tried their signature dishes such as 'Teh Tarik Strawberi', 'Nasi Lemak Strawberi' and Scones. Absolutely delicious and price is reasonable too.Written 20 November 2019
- We visited this farm on Thursday (27/8/20) evening around 6 pm. We were lucky because there was no crowd. Many plants in the farm but they were all small plants. Entry to pick strawberries is rm35 for 2 pax and a box of strawberries for free. Nothing very exciting except the strawberry juice. It was marvelous with no sugar added at rm5 only. Pancake with strawberry filling is nice if eaten hot.Written 29 August 2020
- One of the first attraction as you come up from Simpang Pulai. Good place to stop for toilet breaks and a number of things for kids to enjoy including paddle boat, feed the animals, grapes and strawberry, bird cage and used to have a small lavender farm (but now closed for renovation).
Food here looks attractive but slighty pricey but you will still see lots of people eating.
Attached to it is the Avani Chocolate Factory and Outlet.Written 24 December 2019
- Nearest & easy access location in Tanah Rata to every where. Between five or teen minutes walkway from the other city's public facilities (bank, post, stores, cafe, accommodation, tour operator etc). Also the staff friendly & on time bus departure.Written 23 November 2019
- It's an easy short walk down to Robinson falls which are well worth seeing. We then did walk 9a which wasn't easy. It is an easy trail to follow but parts of it are challenging due to a lot of fallen trees and overgrown plants. There are a lot of insects and spiders as should be expected in the jungle. There aren't any views along the way. It brings you out to a farm and power station and the path does get tougher towards the end. We walked back along path 9b which is steep but much shorter and an easier path to follow. I think coming down it would be difficult due to how steep it was in parts but going up it was fine. We didn't have any problems with dogs as mentioned previously. We did see a man with one little dog at one point but they were not bothered by us at all so hopefully this isn't a problem anymore! Overall the loop took us about 2.5-3 hours. I like nice views so this walk wasn't for me!Written 31 January 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Tanah Rata
- The best day trips from Tanah Rata according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Cameron Highlands Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur with Lunch (SIC - Shared Tours)
- Cameron Highland Best Tour from Ipoh Day Trip (Private)
- Private Full Day Tour : Cameron Highlands with Batu Caves Stopover
- Private Full Day Cameron Highlands Nature Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- Cameron Highlands Day Trip From Kuala Lumpur