Top Things to Do in Shipham, Somerset
Things to Do in Shipham
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
Religious Sites • Churches & Cathedrals
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours • Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
What travellers are saying
- Fantastic bank holiday Monday at the race track thoroughly enjoyed all the races especially the caravan'sWritten 28 August 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A listed building, with a history going back to the 13th Cent. The current church dates from 1842.
A small section of carving from the original church - dated to the 14th Cent. can be seen behind the altar.
Some of the external gargoyles are also probably from the earlier building.
There is a list of rectors in the church gallery - which goes back to 1328 - The first rector (John) was exiled for poaching in the Royal Forest of Mendip.
More recently the church had links with Hannah More (philanthropist and anti-slavery campainer).
The church is an active part of the local community (see the website) and includes a regular monthly K@CH service for children.
Durring the current holy week there is an excellent reflective trail in the church which is free to visit when the church is open (every day)Written 21 March 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great caving with Ian.
Good for adventurous teens and very apprehensive 55+ first timers.
Strongly recommended for all and good value.
Thanks again Ian for great morningWritten 18 August 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Shipham
- The top attractions to visit in Shipham are: See all attractions in Shipham on Tripadvisor
Shipham Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 5:51 am|