Historic Sites • Government Buildings
Popular things to do
- Self-guided Tours
- Cultural Tours
- City Tours
- Top Picks
- Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Speciality Museums
- Transfers & Ground Transport
- Likely to Sell Out
- Monuments & Statues
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Government Buildings
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Kayaking Tours
- Museum Tickets & Passes
- Ports of Call Tours
- Historic Sites
Top Attractions in Ottawa
Military Museums • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Admission tickets from SGD 23.36
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- one of the greatest attractions/buildings you can ever see IMO. We are lucky to have such a marvellous building here in Canada; it is an absolute MUST SEE! Still under construction for the next 10 years or so but you can look at the outside and it is amazing. Maybe in a decade, if the year is around 2032 hahaha you can see the spectacular library inside the parliament buildings.Written 16 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- took my Dad there for a Bi-Plane Ride of the City! WHAT A RIDE! gentle and gorgeous views. We were both apprehensive before getting into plane. Pilot was wonderful. He took us over the Canal , Rivers, Parliament, and Center Town Area with Several Passes in out 15 minute flight! Will definitely Do this again!! Great value a true Adventure for the masses.Written 11 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There is a boat tour in here. Turns into a skating rink during winter. Seems shallow. A Unesco heritage site and a good place to chill and relax after having a tour by foot on ottawa downtownWritten 14 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Do not miss this gem! It’s a beautiful, well designed experience in a gorgeous old edifice. The add on Planet Ice exhibit was interesting but could totally have enjoyed without it. Highly recommendWritten 15 August 2022
- Love the museum…but $12.00 for a sandwich! That’s obvious fundraising through our stomach. Not nice given the already steep price for general entrance. And not a good way to assist guests to spend some worthwhile time enjoying the gallery to its full.
The building itself is a piece of art of course, with its sweeping corridors and stairs. The art hanging the walls is fine. Canada is a young nation with fewer rich donors so our collections of first rate pieces is somewhat scarce.
We are rich, however, in the wonderful Group of Seven for obvious reasons. But I wondered why many were so dark even accounting for the lighting. One wonders if many of the canvases were in need of a cleaning. They seem less vibrant and sharp than the art hanging in the McMichael Canadian Art Collection in Kleinburg.
In short, a worthwhile visit, but bring your own sandwich and be sure to enjoy the view of Parliament Hill from the gallery.Written 16 August 2022
- A large and well stocked museum with a few interactive things for kids (although almost all of those things were closed presumably still for covid...?). They do have little ride-in planes for little kids to enjoy and my son loved those.
The space exhibit is also very interesting
The cafe needs a proper coffee machine though!!!Written 13 August 2022
- clean and amazing. the peace tower is a historic site GREAT for photos, even on rainy days. there is a light show on Monday nights during the summer but unfortunately, when we came it was pouring and it was cancelled. a must-see attraction, however.Written 16 August 2022
- we were greeted by friendly folks and sampled delicious beers, that go down more like cider with strong fruit notes.Written 1 July 2021
- our tour guide was super friendly and she knew SO MUCH!!! she was also so kind to questions and we learned a lot from her.
Very clean atmosphere and a lot to seeWritten 16 August 2022
- the church is absolutely breathtaking. It is so beautiful and free to enter. If you don't visit the basilica while you are in Ottawa, you are missing out BIG TIME!Written 16 August 2022
- very nice place to go for a stroll, have a lunch or just watch people fish. You can even watch the road go up it allow larger boats pass under road to lake! great place for fun day out with full familyWritten 11 August 2022
- The park is lovely and spacious on the sunny days but at the northern tip are the best free washrooms in Ottawa. Great views from the parkWritten 7 June 2022
- This place is well done and free! If you like looking at money, have I got a place for you. The luck display was excellent but the gallery with the money was so cool.Written 12 August 2022
- Small craft brewery that was part of our tour with great beers and very nice people make it well worth a visit if you are in the area.Written 12 October 2019
- This past Saturday was my first ever visit to the Carp Farmers’ Market and it was very enjoyable although the grounds were muddy from an early morning rainstorm. Sure, I have been to the Carp Fair grounds once for the garlic festival and another time for an outdoorsman & fishing show; but there is nothing like shopping for fresh pastries, vegetables and grabbing something to eat while you are enjoying a day’s outing with your wife!
Since she had been there more often and she informs me that a number of vendors had not shown up likely due to the weather. However we were kept busy sampling kimchee, preserved meat and homemade delicacies. There were still scores of concessions both indoor (a sort of barn) and outdoors; displaying their local farm products, home-made pastries, handicrafts and locally raised flowers to keep us occupied. Let’s say that there is something here for everyone!
Like many customers, my wife came for one particularly item that she could only find grown locally here and ended up going home with one or more shopping bags of goodies! A wonder Saturday well spent!Written 8 September 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Ottawa
- The best day trips from Ottawa according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Ottawa Private Day Tour from Montreal
- Ottawa 1 Day Tour
- Ottawa City & Cruise VIP Day Tour
- Private 8-hour Tour to Ottawa from Montreal - Hotel pick up and drop off
- Montreal: Private 7 Hours Guided Tour to Ottawa