- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
6 places sorted by traveller favourites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Sidemount ready! Various bc: Razor, Apeks, X deep, Hollis, everything you need, they have it.
Best “boutique” dive center / resort if i can say, (without pool and spa) in Alor. You can try different kind of gear if you have small/regular fin size: Apeks Rk3, seawing nova, Avanti Quattro plus and much more!
Dont worry about gear, safety is their priority. Very well maintained!
Room is clean, what i like is there are many wall sockets! No need to worry about electrical gear. There are also have air con and water heater!
Bathroom use fresh water, not brackish at all.
Telkomsel 4G connection is quite acceptable. I do my remote desktop connection to my office, and stream 1080p youtube without buffering.
Dive site is beyond expectation, but beware of the current. If you pay attention to dive guides, everything will go well. The owners whose also dive guides: Acionk and Maul is very knowledgeable in macro, current, and espescially safety procedure. Be note: They always on time,7.30 dive, don’t be late!
Boat is very clean and well maintained. They always bring emergency oxygen, extra weight and mask.
The food is delicious, Bibi is a good cook, we have no problem with the food at all.
Couples of dolphins near the air dive shore (if you are lucky)
If you read till this end: what we saw during our trip are: Pygmy blue whale, whale shark, blacktip, skeleton shrimp, sea apple, pygmy sea horse, shark egg and much more. Let me quote from Air Dive Alor: “You don’t find them, they will find you”Written 29 March 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is my second time diving with Donovan and I have no doubt on choosing him again because my previous experience left me with feeling of warm and satisfaction. The first one was in Kupang. Donovan is for sure a great and knowledgeable dive leader, as well as an amusing friend too. A wise teacher that taught me many things about diving and underwater life. I’ve learnt a lot.
Alor itself is like a charming hidden jewel. So captivating! The underwater view even just as beautiful yet dangerous at the same time.
Before coming to Alor, make sure to bring more layers because I can say the water is pretty cold. And make sure you’re not a baby diver (that’s what Donovan said haha), at least you have minimum of 50 dives. I personally believe when you’re already a certified scuba diver, your safety underwater is your own responsibility. Aside from choosing a trusted and reliable dive operator, your diving skill is also important.
Above all, my dive experience in Alor was extraordinary. From staying at Pulo Alor Hotel, abundant breakfast by Donovan (I can’t believe he has so many spreads, even got my favorite ovomaltine), tasty lunch, snacks and various beverages served onboard, to a feast dinner at Om Chris’s, I was greatly satisfied. And to Pak Benjamin who’s extremely handy and the boat crew, thank you so much. And to Donovan, if I come to dive again, I won’t be coming alone! :pWritten 17 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had an amazing tour with Melissa watching the beautiful mammal. She did a great job in explaining and feeding us with substantial information of sustainable tourism and the background of Alor Island. I would highly recommend the tour for those who happened to venture this beautiful untouched island and support the local communities.Written 9 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The four days dive with Lazy Turtle Dive was amazing. Andy took me to many places with beautiful topography, caves, shark watching and mucky. Admiration never stops at every dive.
Well maintained equipment and free nitrox tanks make me more comfortable while in the water.
The friendliness of Andy and Maree also made it easy for me to communicate and fun. Thanks to both of you and the crew, I will see you again when I travel to Alor!Written 11 September 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I had the most wonderful experience with Nautika, from the thorough pre-trip planning, the resort-like stay and the incredible dives.
Hansen’s responsiveness and constant communication made planning a trip from Singapore to Alor a breeze. From flight suggestion to arranging of pick-up from the airport, everything was settled perfectly. Truly made this a hassle-free travel for first-timers.
Gorgeous views and superb comfort. Nautika is exactly where you can get both. My room was cozy and bed was comfy. I especially love that they are so eco-friendly, making use of reusable jars/pitchers for their water/coffee/tea and other room amenities. Interiors aside, the views from my room were incredibly scenic! Some sightings from my front door includes: breathtaking sunsets and dolphins.
Alor has great diving sites, teeming with marine life. The dives with Nautika were very well thought-out and planned. Dive crew is professional, attentive and highly supportive in ensuring a safe and enjoyable dive - everytime. To top it off, the 5-stars service by the crew made surface intervals/post-dives an absolute joy. They provide refreshments, snacks (like donuts, jelly, etc) and hot towels for you!
Absolutely amazing would be an understatement. The entire Nautika team made my trip completely unforgettable. If you are searching for a perfect dive resort in Alor, I would strongly recommend for you to experience Nautika.
Lastly, a big thank you to Hansen, Kadek, Jay, Flinn, Iggy, Egy, Bang Tejo, Pak Bram, Pak Goda, Pak Adlin, and the amazing Bibis. You guys are the besttt!Written 3 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Thomas runs his operation with lots of precision. From the hotel pick up time to the expected time of arrival back to the hotel, everything is spot on. Thomas is really a serious guy but sometimes if you're lucky, you might encounter his jokes. His team members are also hardworking and very friendly. Diving is his passion, so he knows his stuff. He will guide you around and show you the critters you're looking for if you ask him.Written 3 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.