What travellers are saying
- the real underwater paradise
It's hard to tell because there's so much beauty in it. Alor has its own beauty which is very different from other diving spots. It cannot be denied that the crystal clear visibility of up to 40m makes diving like in an aquarium. The coral is very dense, the scholing fish are really adorable. Basically, this is the best, unforgettable diving experience. It's all more complete when you're with Air Dive.
not only the best service, lodging that feels like home, very comfortable, calm, cool and enjoys a campfire at night. One more thing, the whole crew is very kocak” and Gemoy” 😂
The Best Dive Center In Alor EVEERR !!
Thank you very much for Air Dive, it's still hilarious 😂Written 4 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Come to Alor expecting pristine Indonesian dive sites, 30m visibility or more, dive depths from 5m to the deep blue, water temps from 17-29C, currents from zero to ripping, from any direction at any time. Worth it? Yes indeed! I dived it first in 2012 and again three weeks ago. Both times I chose Donovan Whitford for his knowledge, expertise, and organization, and I'd do it again.When you can do these gorgeous dives with someone who actually pioneered Alor diving 30 years ago, named many (most) of the dive sites, and can shepherd you through these currents likely better and safer than anyone else, why would you do otherwise?Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing dive every day with experienced dive master. Staffs are very attentive and helpfull. I love the cottage with ocean view. The bathroom is semi outdoor and clean. Foods are delicious. A 5 star resort with sunset view every evening.Written 28 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did some really good diving before coming to Alor.
But we like the diving with Nico and Tamar so much that we extend our stay not only once, but twice!
Both did a superb job, Showing us the great variety of divesights Alor has to offer. Small groups and nice long dives.
In cristal clear water we had a satisfying mix from critter over beautiful healthy coralreefs to impressive walls. Sometimes no current sometimes reefhooks are needed.
Our personal highlights were the caves and the nightdives - still stunned by all the new memories.
We stayed on kepa island and the pickup for diving always worked perfect.
Thank you again for the wonderful time!Written 10 November 2023
- We contacted Mala Tours to arrange our business trip for 4D3N in Alor, we were accompanied by Mika and overall we are very satisfied with the recommendations of our shooting locations. Mika is a reliable and well-connected tour guide in Alor.Written 4 April 2023
- Thomas runs his operation with lots of precision. From the hotel pick up time to the expected time of arrival back to the hotel, everything is spot on. Thomas is really a serious guy but sometimes if you're lucky, you might encounter his jokes. His team members are also hardworking and very friendly. Diving is his passion, so he knows his stuff. He will guide you around and show you the critters you're looking for if you ask him.Written 3 August 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Alor Island
- These are the best places for couples seeking tours in Alor Island:See more tours for couples in Alor Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Alor Island:See more tours for groups in Alor Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous tours in Alor Island:See more adventurous tours in Alor Island on Tripadvisor