6 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- the real underwater paradise
It's hard to tell because there's so much beauty in it. Alor has its own beauty which is very different from other diving spots. It cannot be denied that the crystal clear visibility of up to 40m makes diving like in an aquarium. The coral is very dense, the scholing fish are really adorable. Basically, this is the best, unforgettable diving experience. It's all more complete when you're with Air Dive.
not only the best service, lodging that feels like home, very comfortable, calm, cool and enjoys a campfire at night. One more thing, the whole crew is very kocak” and Gemoy” 😂
The Best Dive Center In Alor EVEERR !!
Thank you very much for Air Dive, it's still hilarious 😂Written 4 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Come to Alor expecting pristine Indonesian dive sites, 30m visibility or more, dive depths from 5m to the deep blue, water temps from 17-29C, currents from zero to ripping, from any direction at any time. Worth it? Yes indeed! I dived it first in 2012 and again three weeks ago. Both times I chose Donovan Whitford for his knowledge, expertise, and organization, and I'd do it again.When you can do these gorgeous dives with someone who actually pioneered Alor diving 30 years ago, named many (most) of the dive sites, and can shepherd you through these currents likely better and safer than anyone else, why would you do otherwise?Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- THIS PLACE IS BEYOND INCREDIBLE!!!! WORTH THE TIME AND THE MONEY IN EVERY WAY, SHAPE, AND FORM!! If you want to experience life changing diving, THIS IS THE PLACE!
We traveled from Washington, D.C. and despite the time and money to get here, we are planning on returning ASAP - it is that amazing.
This is one of the few places where coral is still growing, so the water is full of life. There are so many fish, corals, sponges, sea creatures - it is almost overwhelming. Each dive was unique and different and amazing in its own way - whether it was seeing amazing animals like hammerhead sharks and sting rays; getting lost in the massive schools of fish; muck diving to find incredible tiny critters; marveling at the amazing and vibrant coral, sponges, and the like; or, challenging yourself on fun drift and other technical dives.
Nautika also has THE BEST DIVE MASTERS!!! Eggy draws each dive site from memory and knows the water, the currents, and where and when to dive like the back of his hand. He truly has a unique and innate understanding of this particular water. Bram, a native Aloran with over 20 years of diving experience, grew up swimming, diving and fishing these waters and diving with him is such a special and unique experience as you get to experience these waters through his perspective and appreciate them with the love and care that Bram does. It is truly special diving with Bram in Alor and it is truly divine. Bram also has eagle eyes when it comes to muck diving. I didn't love muck diving before this trip and am still amazed at how Bram spots the tiniest, most elusive creatures, day or night dive. I'm convinced he is part fish with how he dives.
Besides the AMAZING diving, Nautika Dive RESORT is incredible!!! The cottages are so spacious and comfortable with incredible views of the water and practical considerations like a separate outside entrance to the bathroom so you don't drag sand and water into your room. The food is prepared fresh daily by local cooks and is so delicious. The grounds are so comfortable and beautiful and perfect for relaxing between dives. AND THE HOSPITALITY is beyond amazing. Everyone goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable, have everything that you need (I forgot an SD card for my GoPro and they drove far out to town to get me one), and are able to do/see everything (whether its trying to find particular animals or taking a break to go see the dugong that lives in the bay nearby). It was truly an amazing experience to stay at Nautika. On the last night, Hansen, the GM, and the team performed a native Aloran dance in celebration of our trip and we had a small party with a locally made spirit. It felt like home and I cried when I left.
I also got my advanced certification here with Ang, and he made it clear, practical, efficient, but most importantly fun and inclusive with the rest of the group (with me breaking off to do the cert requirements). Ang is THE diving guru if you need / want any cert.
I could write novels about how amazing Nautika resort and the diving in Alor are, but it would be a never ending saga. In short, RUN, SWIM, BIKE, FLY, TELEPORT, but go to Nautika if you want to experience truly life changing scuba diving.Written 4 December 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We did some really good diving before coming to Alor.
But we like the diving with Nico and Tamar so much that we extend our stay not only once, but twice!
Both did a superb job, Showing us the great variety of divesights Alor has to offer. Small groups and nice long dives.
In cristal clear water we had a satisfying mix from critter over beautiful healthy coralreefs to impressive walls. Sometimes no current sometimes reefhooks are needed.
Our personal highlights were the caves and the nightdives - still stunned by all the new memories.
We stayed on kepa island and the pickup for diving always worked perfect.
Thank you again for the wonderful time!Written 10 November 2023
- We contacted Mala Tours to arrange our business trip for 4D3N in Alor, we were accompanied by Mika and overall we are very satisfied with the recommendations of our shooting locations. Mika is a reliable and well-connected tour guide in Alor.Written 4 April 2023
- Thomas runs his operation with lots of precision. From the hotel pick up time to the expected time of arrival back to the hotel, everything is spot on. Thomas is really a serious guy but sometimes if you're lucky, you might encounter his jokes. His team members are also hardworking and very friendly. Diving is his passion, so he knows his stuff. He will guide you around and show you the critters you're looking for if you ask him.Written 3 August 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Alor Island
- These are the best places for couples seeking boat tours & water sports in Alor Island:See more boat tours & water sports for couples in Alor Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking boat tours & water sports in Alor Island:See more boat tours & water sports for groups in Alor Island on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for adventurous boat tours & water sports in Alor Island:See more adventurous boat tours & water sports in Alor Island on Tripadvisor