Scuba & snorkelling in Alor Island
THE 5 BEST Alor Island Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
Scuba & Snorkeling in Alor Island
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Cultural Tours • Scuba & Snorkelling
What travellers are saying
- The guys are always there be with you, The food are amazing, The vibe feels like home
Please book at least a year before your Diving trip to here because they are always fully bookedWritten 25 May 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Come to Alor expecting pristine Indonesian dive sites, 30m visibility or more, dive depths from 5m to the deep blue, water temps from 17-29C, currents from zero to ripping, from any direction at any time. Worth it? Yes indeed! I dived it first in 2012 and again three weeks ago. Both times I chose Donovan Whitford for his knowledge, expertise, and organization, and I'd do it again.When you can do these gorgeous dives with someone who actually pioneered Alor diving 30 years ago, named many (most) of the dive sites, and can shepherd you through these currents likely better and safer than anyone else, why would you do otherwise?Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We contacted Mala Tours to arrange our business trip for 4D3N in Alor, we were accompanied by Mika and overall we are very satisfied with the recommendations of our shooting locations. Mika is a reliable and well-connected tour guide in Alor.Written 4 April 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Alor was the first overseas dive destination my partner and I had visited since international travel reopened for Australians. I figured I’d be taking a bit of a risk going with Nautika (the newest shop on the island), but my communications with Hansen gave me confidence, and Nautika completely exceeded my expectations.
The currents in Alor are no joke. If you find fast moving water coming at you in random directions at all times stressful, Alor is probably not for you. But the dive guides and boat crew helped ensure our 7 days of diving were safe and enjoyable. They are great critter spotters too – night dives in the harbour to look for macro life were exceptional.
Nautika had been operating for under a year when we visited. They are trying to build a name for themselves, but their energy and enthusiasm was genuine and infectious, and they were always helpful and professional when it counted. Not only did they feel like a little family of sorts -brought together in this remote part of the world by a passion for diving – but the homely atmosphere of the resort, and the positivity, hospitality and friendliness of everyone there (guest as well, since it’s such a small place!) made us feel like part of the community.
Loved coming back to the smiling faces and delicious home-cooked food of the bibis after our dives. Nice stable boat for the 10 to 40 minute ride out to the dive sites (great for dolphin watching and dancing in between dives), good rental gear (was able to borrow a backplate BCD after mine suffered some damage), bright and spotless rooms with housekeeping and laundry service. Seeing clips of ourselves on Instagram stories each day was a really nice personal touch. Enjoyed the land tour on our dry afternoon as well.
We had a slightly rocky first few days on our first post-pandemic trip, but once we had the Nautika Dive team taking care of us, the rest was smooth sailing. So much of what made our trip such a happy and memorable one came down to fantastic people we met and dived with.
Everyone who visits Alor wants it to remain ‘undiscovered’. But if you already have Alor on your radar and are up for a bit of an adventure. I can’t imagine it gets much better than discovering it with Nautika!Written 28 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A small, but mighty dive shop!
Nico and Tamar run a great operation and I would whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone looking for a more personal experience in Alor. From initial communication, Tamar was great in helping answer any questions regarding my stay or logistics in transport. They helped connect me with a lovely homestay with a nice local family who cooked up great food every night. Not to forget about the daily lunches at the shop which were amazing too.
Most importantly, the diving experience was superb. Nico and Tamar move mountains to accommodate preferences in sites, types of dives, etc. This was my favorite part of Lazy Turtle, as it felt like I was getting a highly personalized experience that you sometimes miss with larger ops.
I would love to dive with them again. Thank you!Written 7 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Thomas runs his operation with lots of precision. From the hotel pick up time to the expected time of arrival back to the hotel, everything is spot on. Thomas is really a serious guy but sometimes if you're lucky, you might encounter his jokes. His team members are also hardworking and very friendly. Diving is his passion, so he knows his stuff. He will guide you around and show you the critters you're looking for if you ask him.Written 3 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions about Alor Island
- These places are best for scuba & snorkeling in Alor Island:See more scuba & snorkeling in Alor Island on Tripadvisor