- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
3 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Amazing spot with the perfect combination of blue skies, green mountains, and turquoise waters. Snorkeling is great (no strong currents since it's a bay) and FREE, the best part is that the show is just for you! Bring your own gear and have fun. Don't forget to enjoy a coconut or too while enjoying the view. Unfortunately this beach has no sand. (Lots of stones and sharp dead coral pieces lay along the shore. Make sure to wear flip flops to avoid hurting your feet)The locals have built some huts with tables and benches so you can sit and enjoy the view.Written 20 April 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is my second time diving with Donovan and I have no doubt on choosing him again because my previous experience left me with feeling of warm and satisfaction. The first one was in Kupang. Donovan is for sure a great and knowledgeable dive leader, as well as an amusing friend too. A wise teacher that taught me many things about diving and underwater life. I’ve learnt a lot.
Alor itself is like a charming hidden jewel. So captivating! The underwater view even just as beautiful yet dangerous at the same time.
Before coming to Alor, make sure to bring more layers because I can say the water is pretty cold. And make sure you’re not a baby diver (that’s what Donovan said haha), at least you have minimum of 50 dives. I personally believe when you’re already a certified scuba diver, your safety underwater is your own responsibility. Aside from choosing a trusted and reliable dive operator, your diving skill is also important.
Above all, my dive experience in Alor was extraordinary. From staying at Pulo Alor Hotel, abundant breakfast by Donovan (I can’t believe he has so many spreads, even got my favorite ovomaltine), tasty lunch, snacks and various beverages served onboard, to a feast dinner at Om Chris’s, I was greatly satisfied. And to Pak Benjamin who’s extremely handy and the boat crew, thank you so much. And to Donovan, if I come to dive again, I won’t be coming alone! :pWritten 17 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had an amazing tour with Melissa watching the beautiful mammal. She did a great job in explaining and feeding us with substantial information of sustainable tourism and the background of Alor Island. I would highly recommend the tour for those who happened to venture this beautiful untouched island and support the local communities.Written 9 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.