- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
64 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- After dinner, my sister and I decided to visit this park that was close by the Prestige Inn where we were staying. We took the perimeter walkway and stopped to read information found on the various plaques placed there. We admired the waterfront and large grassy areas. Wild geese ate the grass as they wandered through the Park. Lots of colourful flowers grew in the park along with several varieties of trees. We passed a very large, paved parking lot. Children were enjoying the playground’s swings and slides. A baseball diamond as well as a basketball court are situated at the far end of the park. Public restrooms are available.Written 7 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Used our reciprocal passes from SilverStar for our 2 free days at whitewater! The ticket process was super easy and got our tickets no problem! The staff around the resort were great and super friendly! The mountain itself is amazing! Consistent fall lines, lots of expert terrain, beauty hikes over to untouched areas! The addition of the glory chair several years ago was probably a point of contention for the locals but it sure spreads the people out over the hill and adds so much more accessible terrain! Also love the double chair for the nostalgia of yesteryear! North facing slopes kept their snow soft and deep well after the last storm! The pub and lodge were great for lunch as well!Written 12 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After enjoying our lunch, my sister and I walked down Baker Street. We stopped and visited a few of the many shops and specialty boutiques as we strolled along. At one on these stores, we tried on several outfits but didn’t find any clothing that appealed to us. We found the staff friendly and helpful. As we continued on our way, we admired the architecture. Several restaurants were located here as well. As it was late in the day, we crossed the street and started our return to our accommodations. When you visit Nelson, take some time to visit this busy downtown location.Written 7 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great little hike:
1. The TRAIL: well Maintained
2. Difficulty - MODERATE a good level of fitness needed
3. AMAZE VIEWSWritten 24 June 2022
- After putting our EV on the charger, we explored the 20 year old building that houses the Nelson and District Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Information Centre. The helpful staff provided information and advice about what to see and do. Maos, event listings and road condition helped us plan our itinerary for the day. An Art Gallery and Gift Shop are part of the Visitor and Information Centre. Local artisan works of art, literature and garments can be found in Centre. Visitor parking is available for RVs along with bike racks and no-cost EV charging. We were disappointed that the Coffee House was closed. The staff provided us with the names and directions to several nearby eateries so we headed out to one of them that was within walking distance.Written 6 September 2022
- This was my kids favourite stop and one of mine too. This park is small and tucked away by the hospital but was so lovely. We had a quiet picnic lunch, kids played on the playground, we took in the beautiful gardens, and also enjoyed the look-out where we got a full view of Nelson.Written 29 August 2021
- It was on my to do list as a recon specialist for my friends and finding good spots for them to visit when they are in Nelson. It's a pretty cool museum and art gallery to visit and kill about an hour of your time in Nelson. I learned a little bit more about my area of the Kootenays and I would highly recommend this place to friends.Written 22 November 2020
- If I could leave 10 Stars I would. This is by far the best snow-cat lodge in North America if not the world! the Staff is amazing, the Terrian is next level, the Food is 5-star and the whole vibe /atmosphere of the lodge is nothing but Cool!
When it comes to the guides and mountain safety staff, they take it very serious and are extremely knowledgeable ( I have been to most places in the world for comparison AK, Chile, UT, WY, Japan, NZ, etc). The only advice is start now trying to get a spot, they sell out way in advance .Written 1 February 2022
- Great place to stop for a pint and some food. They have off sales as well and a good setup. Nice variety of beer and a good local vibe.Written 4 July 2020
- We walked to the firehall and had an opportunity to some pretty amazing homes along the way. They are older with great landscaping and tons of character. Wouldn't have taken the time to view the neighbourhood if not for the trek to the firehall and that would have been a shame. Many homes look to be original. Be warned, however, the streets are VERY hilly. Getting to the firehall is all uphill from Baker Street. We enjoyed the outing.Written 18 August 2019
- Favorite part was finding the beautiful sandy beach just a short hike down off the trail! Locked our bikes to a tree and walked down across tracks to the beach! Bring bug spray but so worth it!! Took our ebikes made it easy to bike up in the heat.Written 2 September 2022
- attendent has one job to lead you in . he's doest know his one job. read the instruction sign at the headway.Written 26 September 2021
- Awesome xc ski area for both skate and classic skiing. There are lots of options for trails here from the short night loop to longer loops through the forest, along a winding river, and multiple cabins/warming huts.Written 11 January 2019
- Beautiful beach area 10 minutes from Nelson. Not too crowded on a Saturday afternoon. Silky smooth sand. Great swimming area.Written 31 August 2019
- This truly is Nelson’s Hidden gem. This restored approximately 400 seat concert theatre offers great seating, beautiful ambience and is highly recommended. Well worth the time to see.Written 1 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Nelson