- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
63 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We parked in lot #3 and hiked from there. Absolutely perfect. Beautiful spots all along the river, it does B.C. proud!!Written 18 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Classic west coast beach with rocky shore and lots of driftwood, some surf as well. Beautiful location and excellent picnic area with washrooms and fresh water. Great place to bring the kids and a lunch and spend the day.Written 9 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Coastal Trail along the dramatic rocky shore of East Sooke is terrific. Access it from the Pike Road (quickest route to small beach cove at Iron Mine Bay) or from Aylard Farms (fastest to seal petroglyph and Beechey Head). Beechey Head is the southernmost tip of BC, with an extraordinary view of the Juan di Fuca Strait.Written 31 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I enjoyed a rainy Christmas Day walk. It took 45 minutes to walk to the end of the spit and back to the parking lot. Very nice!Written 26 December 2022
- This is one of our favourite beaches on the west coast and we go regularly in all seasons.
it’s a short 15 minute trail to the beach through our amazing west coast rainforest. Fun sites along the way, faces in trees and a shrine of white beach stones that we add to every trip.
once down at the beach walk south til you see the beautiful waterfall. You can climb above the falls and follow Sandcut creek north marvelling in the sandstone bedrock. A great freshwater shower if you were brave enough to swim in the hearty ocean. pack a picnic and spend few delightful hoursWritten 8 July 2022
- Good museum which covers much of the history of Sooke and the area. Extensive gift shop and informative staff.Written 9 September 2022
- There are such a variety of trail to pick from, we did a part of the Coast Trail coming back via the forest. So Lovely. The beach at Beecher Bay is stunning, with white sand and black rocks. A must doWritten 16 November 2022
- What a cool park, little bit of everything and all wheelchair/stroller accessible. Top of the park has a Japanese garden kind of feel then cool boardwalk down to the water. Massive pier loops out into harbor with lots things going on, watch the seals, fishermen or crabbers. You can then loop back up to town on a rougher trail or backtrack if you want an easier walk.Written 19 September 2022
- I love mead so we stopped by for a tasting. The property is small but beautiful. You feel like you're visiting someone's house/cottage and access to the tasting room is through a lovely garden in the backyard which is a more intimate setting than I've had at big wineries in the past so it was a nice surprise.
The owner's daughter was the one serving us that day and she gave us a thorough history lesson on mead and she was very knowledgeable! The tip she gave us that I found most helpful was to let our bottles of mead rest for about 2 weeks since we were traveling as the shaking of the content can affect the taste.Written 24 May 2022
- Must visit on your trip to Sooke. Art is unique, absolutely stunning. In house artist, studio workshop on site. Llamas are an added bonus.Written 9 July 2022
- Great swimming hole, warm lake, great family destination via goose trail or by car, pack your lunch or hot dogs. Beach is small, get there early.Written 15 November 2020
- We walked from our hotel & saw sea lions, harbor seals, deer & raccoons. Very nice walking path with gorgeous views of the Olympic peninsula, I highly recommend it!Written 26 October 2018
- Very knowledgeable staff. The Seaside Gin is a must try and their lemon gin and rhubarb gin are great too! This distillery is located in town and very easy to access.Written 24 May 2022
- Great beer, great staff and the view from the patio is breathtaking. All beers are available to take home. Pet friendly 😀 taking my dog there when we have our walk. I’ve been there regularly.Written 13 August 2022
- Nice atmosphere with covered outdoor heated patio. Food truck for food service has unique and favorable menu.Written 15 November 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sooke
Sooke Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 8:28 PM|