- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Really small! Just make sure you know where to go. Get there early if you are not familiar with the area. I was using the national express to return to London. There was just a small stop for the coaches on one side which I couldn't see! The main part of the station is used for other coach or bus companies. I couldn't find any information desk open or anyone to help me! I had to ask another driver. It was a public holiday so maybe the information desk was closed. There are no toilet or eating facilities but you are right next to the main town with an abundance of eateries if you want to get something before boarding. The station is in the open but there are small shelters at the stops. Will be fun in the rain!Written 2 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We hired Longleys for two trips, Stratford on Avon to Canterbury and Bath to London. Both cars we well kept. Drivers arrived more or less on time. The first driver drove aggressively, tailgated and often exceeded the speed limit. We called the company expressing our disappointment and asked for a more experienced driver on the second trip. The company came through providing an excellent driver. We traveled part way in a driving rain. The driver handled it well and we felt safe.
Lesson learned ... if you ask for a good driver your likely to get one!Written 9 September 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Canterbury East station is close to the bus station and the Dane John Gardens which can be reached via the footbridge over a dual carriageway.
It is not as busy as Canterbury West and there are not as many direct services to London. It is the station you would use if you were getting the train to Faversham, Rochester or Dover.
There are toilet facilities and a waiting room on platform 2 and the london bound platform can be reached via a subway, lift or footbridge.
the station was clean and tidy when I visited but there were not many staff about if there was a problem.Written 21 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- One of two railway stations in Canterbury, easy to navigate, friendly staff, with direct lines to London St Pancras/Written 18 November 2021
- We have booked a few times now, on time, polite drivers,reasonable price. Pick up on time to be taken to Canterbury West rail station from Kent Cricket Grd.Written 21 June 2021