Historic Sites • Architectural Buildings
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Wandering around the hall was good. Volunteer room guides were very knowledgeable. The garden is beautiful and worth going for that aloneWritten 12 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A compact and nice place. A bit of a walk from the bus stop to the Castle, but hey - there is one excellent pub in between.Written 16 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited the farm park during half term and had a great time. There's loads to do inside and out. We didn't go in the maze but did everything else, including the new mega slide. We loved the pumpkin carving session which was only £3 for the pumpkin. It was great to do a Halloween activity that didn't cost a lot. There's plenty of picnic areas, a great little shop, cafe and the staff are really friendly. We spent the whole day here - really good value for money. We will definitely be back!Written 28 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very poor signage to direct you to this castle. I took a very round about route but once up at the castle I could see how easy it actually is to get to from the town. . It is a bit of a climb up the hill but well worth it, the views are stunning.
Great for people with dogs and kids - free as well
There are signs which explain some of the history
Well worth a visitWritten 23 September 2022
- We loved everything about our visit to this local Museum. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and the shop was well stocked.Written 9 January 2020
- A beautiful church one of the widest in GB. Friendly, knowledgeable volunteers who make you very welcome. Clear informative descriptions around the church. A fantastic cafe with home made cakes and we were fortunate to visit when there was an organ recital which was magnificent.Written 21 September 2022
- We did the walk from Sizergh Castle and would really recommend it. We had no idea that at the end of the walk there would be such a pretty and peaceful Church so were delighted when we got there.Written 4 November 2021
- So simple and charming with the look of much caring from the members of the congregation. The magnolia tree in the grounds is magnificent in springtime and worth a look at. Hidden through an archway it is a surprise for those seeking a moment of quiet.Written 22 July 2017
- The stained glass is quite famous and was used on a Royal Mail Chritmas stamp soem years ago. It was Morris and Co who made the glass.Written 3 January 2020
- It is an interesting tower for a history buff and is on the main street in Staveley. Tbh I think most people don't notice it as they walk past but yesterday, a group of people were giving it a make-over - cutting the grass in front and scaffolding was put up to look at the masonry. Good for them.Written 10 July 2021
- You’d think that Kentmere Pike was the last fell in the round, but oh no there’s two more after it! Never mind, plod onWritten 13 April 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Kendal
- These are the best places for kid-friendly sights & landmarks in Kendal:See more sights & landmarks for children in Kendal on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking sights & landmarks in Kendal:See more sights & landmarks for couples in Kendal on Tripadvisor