- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 96
What travellers are saying
- Nice well kept park in Central London. Good for strolls, stretching and fresh air. Enjoyed walk in morning and eveningWritten 23 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Disappointed with our experience. The ques to get in was very long and took over 40 minutes.
Inside was crowded and it was difficult to see the exhibition in many areas.
I did not feel the title of the exhibition reflected what was on show.Written 4 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is one of those places that is a peaceful little green oasis in the middle of the city. Of course, it has particular appeal for anyone interested in botanical sources and history of medicines. There is an entry fee, but we felt this was quite good value as we were able to join an excellent guided tour with a volunteer guide (Valerie), which really added to the interest. (Although of course, the tour can only cover some selected highlights of the garden - So there is always more to see!) We were also lucky that the glasshouses had apparently just reopened before we visited. The cafe/restaurant on-site was also very good.Written 14 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Having stumbled upon this garden we decided to visit and so glad we did. The garden is lovely and offers wonderful 360 views of London. Having visited the sky garden the previous day I can honestly say I preferred this one. Well worth a visit!Written 28 August 2023
- Such a wonderful surprise! After looking online for things to do outdoors in London we decided to visit Holland Park, in particular the Kyoto Gardens. Absolutely beautiful! Wonderful sculptures, water fountains, huge fish and other wildlife, flowers, trees - simply a perfect garden in the middle of London! We had planned to visit Notting Hill afterwards as it is one stop away on the tube but Holland Park is so enormous we ran out of time. What a great way to spend a sunny day!Written 8 September 2023
- TheQueen Mary Gardens are close to Regents Park and offer a wide variety of plants. The rose bushes are stunning with many different varieties to view. It is easy walking and the cafe close by is good for a light refreshment. An unexpected find in central London.Written 17 September 2023
- Just been to model railway exhibition, the venue (stunning) the exhibition great, parking was good … staff helpful & guy on buggy so friendly ..only issue was lady staff member on door ( wearing head scarf) who was very rude in her tone & demeanour !
It was a shame & let you down a bit ?Written 18 March 2023
- The words “hidden gem” are over-used. But this really is an absolute delight. It’s no surprise that we saw two groups of folks with some fairly professional gear shooting some family and pre-wedding photos. What’s more, entry is free of charge. My wife and I spent about an hour here before walking over to a nearby pub for lunch, marvelling at the beauty and charm of these gardens.Written 25 August 2023
- A short walk from Canary Wharf and Canada Water the Crossrail Place Roof Garden is located above the Canary Wharf Elizabeth Line station (hence the name) and is also close to Westferry DLR station.
You can use a lift or escalator to get to the roof garden and I would definitely recommend a visit. After a busy time in the city this is the perfect place to come and sit and relax surrounded by plants from around the world.
The garden has two sections, East and West and there are plants from the relevant parts of the world in each area.
When I visited there were a few people in the garden showing it is a very popular location.Written 25 July 2023
- What a magical spot
It felt like an oasis in the middle of London.
The water was very calming
Nd the fish were greatWritten 23 July 2023
- This long garden next to the river is lovely to stroll. It has nice benches to sit on and enjoy a sandwich…. Some large shade trees. And, beautifully done small flower gardens.
A wonderful place to rest and stroll, while visiting the nearby sites.Written 20 July 2023
- Nice free playground which my 7 year old enjoyed. Lots going on to watch and very close to Waterloo Station. Good place to spend before or after going to the Aquarium etc.Written 16 February 2023
- Friendly welcome upon arrival. Map provided. Small giftshop and expensive cafe. The great hall, library and court yard are beautiful. Small museum with exhibits as well. We enjoyed walking around the walled garden and the setting so close to the Thames is lovely too. Very busy with lots of families having a picnic.Written 4 June 2023
- Located in the heart of Southwark is the Crossbones Graveyard. Open a couple of days a week and looked after by volunteers this is a poignant reminder of the many people who came to London many years ago and who died in tragic circumstances and could not afford a proper burial.
It's a well tended area and a nice tribute to those who would not normally be remembered.Written 7 June 2023
- Depending on your level of interest in the history of gardening ,ours is average interest, but did find some interesting facts to enlighten our visit. Not everyone's cup of tea but the building its-self is tastefully restored from Lambeth St Mary's church and alone is worth a visit. A trip up to the the top of the tower can be hard going but worth it to view London from a different angle. A nice restaurant with garden area also on the site,slightly expensive,but this is tourists London!Written 18 September 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about London
- These are the most romantic places for gardens in London:See more romantic gardens in London on Tripadvisor