- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Rail Services
City of London
What travellers are saying
- Perhaps my least favourite Train station in London.
Even getting there from the Tube feels unsafe.
Considering how busy it is & the well healed people that must use it, it's pretty shabby.
Even Peterborough Station is nicer!Written 21 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As always I enjoyed using TFL subway and buses during my 6 day visit to London. Appreciated their efforts to get passengers to wear masks. Most folk seemed to wear them on buses but fewer on underground.Written 27 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took the DLR back into the city after travelling on the Emirates Air Lines and checking out London City Airport. One station was closed due to engineering but there was a bus and helpful staff to assist. At the next stop, the staff gave us great advice on connecting to bank. These are driverless trains and are part of TFL so you can use your contactless payment card and benefit from daily caps.Written 17 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Travelling on the underground with my infant, I had tried to make sure there were lifts for the buggy and suitcase. When I arrived at Liverpool st the lift was broken and I feel it hasn't worked in a while. However, in the short 5 minutes I was there, 2 members of staff were really helpful. One helped me with my luggage down the stairs and the other showed me to my platform and explained the best route for me. Really helpful and made my trip much less stressful.Written 28 December 2021
- The train is fantastic, comfortable, reliable and fast, getting you to heathrow in 15 minutes. However it is very expencive, when you can take tube or the TFL rail for much cheaper. Heathrow express is less stressful and crowded than the tube. So do I recommend it? Yes I definetly recomend it but if your looking for a cheaper option then i recomend takeing the tube or the TFL rail.Written 20 July 2020
- If you travel with Norwegian to London, you will arrive at Gatwick Airport. The Gatwick Express is the only real transportation to London City, for example the major hubs Victoria or King Cross. The train is good enough.Written 24 July 2022
- Caught train into this station. Was easy to get around. Staff helpful. Not accessible onto the tube so 10 min walk to kings cross.Written 7 August 2022
- I ended up having to take this route to the airport and it was ok. Navigation not very well sign posted and took a bit longer but in fairness it worked. Cheaper than the Heathrow Express (but that’s not hard!).Written 16 November 2018
- Schedule wise, this worked well for us to get from Edinburgh to London. We got a good six hours of sleep. But to call it luxury begs the question. It was so tiny. The ladder to the top bunk had such narrow rungs that it made it painful in bare feet. The toilet worked fine, but we did not shower. Just too confining. No food service on our train due to a lack of adequate staffing. It was an experience, but I would not do it again. Might work well for a person traveling solo.Written 28 July 2022
- Eurostar has lost some of the excellent features which used to make it a desirable cross-channel experience. First the check in time has increased, almost doubled - without telling us; I printed tickets 5 months earlier - lucky I checked!
The lounge is massively overcrowded, people sitting on the floor etc, toilets dirty. Queue control is now a shambles, with false announcements and people walking around shouting. Hold up was NOT French passports but British (should I write to PrettiP?) Covid checks were nominal.
Began to get that "cattletruck" feeling which was why we left airlines.Written 9 August 2022
- I tried taking my five-year-old from Nottingham to a little house outside of Sheffield for a holiday, but our plans quickly changed when EMR delysed then cancelled our train, forcing us onto an already crowded train. My son had to use our suitcase to sit on for an hour and coullymove without hitting his head on a bicycle handlebar. Because EMR delegated then cancelled our original train, we missed two connecting trains to our station forcing our family to change plans and pick us up and hour and half late.Written 4 August 2022
- The journey itself was OK - the train was on time and the compartment I was in was clean. I second what a previous reviewer has said about 1st class being a waste of money, as the people in our compartment were quite open about not having the right tickets and being able to sit in there because no-one ever checked tickets. Southern staff at the station were offhand, and not terribly helpful. It really didn’t take 4 staff to organize the replacement bus service, and it looked and sounded like they were chatting rather than helping customers.oWritten 23 October 2021
- Trying to get a train to Cambridge but delayed can u give me a full refund for my 15 pound ticket I spent.Today I got a train from Woodbridge to Ipswich ready to change at Ipswich. We didn’t know there was any distribution until we got to Ipswich, we got a train to Needham market , but stuck here now for 30 minutes, the amount of services you run u should really know how to deal with this. I use your service a lot and never has this happened before. Only trying to get to Cambridge and also it’s my birthday so not happy.Written 19 August 2021
- GWR seems to have zero ability to cope with anything other than a perfectly running system. So tired of them rolling out lame excuses from earlier in the day to justify delays at the end of the day. Unreliable. Lousy information communication in the station and on the train. Surely by now you can recover from unexpected occurrences more quickly and efficiently? Here’s a tip - when you offer a crap and expensive service, try working on providing a better experience - not getting better at apologising for the lack of service you keep providing. So frustrating.Written 9 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about London
- These are the best places for kid-friendly railways in London:See more railways for children in London on Tripadvisor