Historic Sites • Architectural Buildings
Top Attractions in Nottingham
What travellers are saying
- I took my children to the Titus is king exhibition there which my 4yr old loved as he is mad on dinosaurs. We went around the rest of the museum. It was a lovely day so afterwards we went out side and spent a couple hours there. We had ice creams, the children played on the park, which is a lovely park and there was a little fair there we went on. You had to purchase tokens for and it was aimed at little children not older ones. We saw some deer on the drive out of the park. A lovely day out. Lots of people were there with a picnic.Written 24 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited for the first time yesterday and it was great! Our daughter is 12 and loves anything history related and she enjoyed the whole museum. The actors were amazing!!! There enthusiasm was incredible and they got everyone involved which was great. This is definitely a museum for all ages however it wouldn't be suitable for anyone with a pushchair or mobility problems.Written 16 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The caves are a network of connected caves that were built at different times for different reasons. It is fascinating to understand the history of Nottingham through these caves and learn about some of the unpleasant jobs of the past. Our guide was very good and engaging. We were in a small group so could see details well and had time to ask questions.Written 17 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our choice for our last morning on a short city break. We could see it was a lovely asset for the city. Beautifully maintained, very clean, and some interesting points of interest. Sadly we found the lack of information on the trees something of a disappointment.Written 14 July 2022
- What an amazing night, The 90's live, please bring more shows like this. The whole crowd were up dancing, singing and having a great night, air-conditioning on, free water on bars. The new roof terrace concept is fabulous with its own bar and lights. Strret food was delicious, Staff were brilliant, friendly and polite. Bars clean, toilets clean. Thank you for a sensational evening Theatre Royal.Written 21 July 2022
- I visited this with my girlfriend who is a lover of all things paranormal and spooky and we had the best time. Andrew, one of the members of staff, took the time to explain all about the items we were interested in and provided lots of information about the origin of the items. He was friendly, knowledgable and a brilliant curator and made this experience very memorable.
We got to hold a human skull (which for me is not an every day occurrence,) see a bed that has had an exorcism performed on it and lots more besides.
Definitely would visit again as I’m sure there’s lots I didn’t see. I’ve seen some reviews say they only spent half an hour here but if you take the time to read about the items you’ll be there more than double that.Written 10 August 2022
- Redeveloped in 2007, the market square sits in front of the impressive Council House.
The addition of paved fountain jets and a reflective pool attracts visitors in the summer and kids love the fountains.
Numerous events take place here during the year including exhibitions, food festivals, a Christmas ice rink and space to sit in the centre of the city. Tram stops next to the square so good transport links to north and south of the city.Written 16 July 2022
- A fascinating museum with enthusiastic volunteers. The exhibits were brought to life by the knowledge and stories of the volunteers.Written 5 June 2022
- Lovely urban setting with farm animals , cafe, toddler playground and shop. Gardens to walk around and a relaxed family friendly atmosphere. Free to enter with suggested donation options.Written 13 June 2022
- My daughter had her birthday party here. It could not have been better, the staff and volunteers were so attentive and went above and beyond throughout. The room was decorated beautifully, the food was prepared and well laid out. Staff helped me to carry presents to and from my car, children were engaged with perfectly. What was so special was that the party was 11-1pm and one poor child got confused and arrived at 1pm, without hesitation room was made for him and they stayed behind to put a pizza in the oven for him and an additional one for his sister who wasn’t even part of the booking! Everyone was so kind, it was simply a perfect party. Thank you.Written 9 August 2022
- Had a fantastic time at Adrenaline Jungle - chose Archery and the Assault course for our family of five (17, 14 and 13). Don was endlessly patient teaching us archery and encouraging us over/under/through the obstacles on the assault course. A great couple of hours of family fun, thank you!Written 24 August 2021
- I am absolutely in awe of the tram driver, I was on tram to Nottingham at 9.20am and a lady was a little out of breath trying to get to tram. He actually got out of his cabin asked her if she was OK and told her not to rush and waited for her to get on tram. He deserves a medal if only for his good mannersWritten 4 July 2022
- Very expensive fish and chips once inside - not worth the £7, but we had come on the tram and time was limited to eat elsewhere.
Toilets were reasonably clean and queue wasn’t too bad on entry. Terrible queues after concert finished.
Steps down to our seats were awful - lack of handrails, so daren't move once seated till the end. Staff on the floor area manning the stairs close to our seats were really friendly and did a great job of helping people.
One big negative was the position of the stairs right besides our seats - people up and down ALL the way through the concert restricting our view somewhat.
Some people seemed to spend more time up in the bars than the actual concert!
Next time I would ensure I booked seats away from the stairway or higher up so as not to limit the view.
Concert good though!Written 4 June 2022
- Highly recommend amazing fireworks, lovely bottle of shimano whisky. Deffo will be there next year. Fantastic especially at number 4 #boomergangsforlifeWritten 31 December 2021
- We were looking for garden furniture and a friend suggested this place even though it was a 20 mile drive away. The garden centre is stunning, plenty of parking and a really good selection of things to buy not just for your garden. It really is a couple of hours to look round properly.
We chose to have a cream tea as the selection of food in the cafe looked so tempting. The only reason I gave 4 stars was it took 20 minutes to get served and a lot of the tables were covered with the dirty crockery from previous diners which I thought showed a lack of staff.
Would I visit again? Yes I would and the restaurant looked really good so I will give that a try.
Just a few details to make it excellent. Thank you.Written 24 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Nottingham