Top Attractions in Oban
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Wonderful experience at the sit down tasting. The team was knowledgeable, funny, kind and generous. The history of the building and business is rich and very interesting. The whisky was excellent. And we even got a little gift! Highly recommend for any whisky-curious or whisky-fan.Written 2 February 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing view of the town when you get to the top. Steep climb up and it does have a wheelchair accessibility near the steps before getting to the tower. Once you get to the top the views are worth it even in the heavy rain and strong winds.Written 17 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ferry arrived on time , staff at ticket office very helpful. Toilets on ferry clean . Only downside was hot drink vending machine was cash only.Written 22 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fascinating collection of articles and explanations about local history to include the local role in the World Wars. Several volunteers on hand to answer questions and elaborate. Lots of small print to read on the exhibits, which made it challenging, but they obviously wanted to squeeze in as much as they could. Donations were only cost o& admission.Written 20 October 2022
- This was a great opportunity. You can see the museum, the castle grounds, and the garden. The walk up to the castle remains may be a bit of a challenge for some but it is worth it as the views are stunning and you can get fairly into the castle remains.Written 7 October 2022
- Nice sandy beach. Good walks in the area. Free parking for two hours. Beautiful Houses in the hamlet. Great viewsWritten 21 June 2022
- Nicely put together. Although we were traveling without children we appreciated that they had activities in place for kids. Beautiful stop on a pretty day. They need better signage leading to the chapel. If the gentleman hadn't said something when we purchased our tickets we would not have known.Written 1 September 2022
- Lots of handy leaflets and maps to pick up, good selection of postcards, but can sometimes get a bit crowded.Written 12 August 2022
- A 4km walk from the ferry, mostly on gravel track, the last bit on grass and quite steep. It is well signposted and easy to find. Hard on the knees towards the end.
It's a really atmospheric location- we didn't realise until we went down to the beach that it's actually on a rock arch. When you've recovered from the hill you can go up inside the castle. There are great views from the castle rock across to the other islands.
There's not a lot of cover on the track from the ferry - I recommend decent boots/ trainers, plenty of drinks, suncream on a nice day . I saw someone trying the walk in flip flops. It's not easy to get up to the castle in those and the path has been heavily "used" by sheep in places. You might prefer shoes that cover your feet.Written 9 August 2022
- Lovely views from this site and the gardnes are well worth visiting. A bosky place with mature trees are around. Some forestry work going on during our visit so not every path accessible. No tea room but theLoch Melfort Hotel is not far away though that is a tad pricey.Written 17 October 2021
- We wanted something special to complete our holiday in Scotland. I'm so happy I stumbled across this company that arranges experience days for all the family.
I paid £130 for a family of 5 for the afternoon coasteering session. This included hire of 5mm wetsuits (they have a fantastic range) helmet, buoyancy aid and old shorts to wear over the wetsuit(protection when scrambling). Stramash provide transportation to the coast and back once over.
Our guide, Andrew, was incredibly patient and knowledgeable. The group included our family and a further 2 individuals and Andrew ensured that everyone enjoyed themselves and felt safe.
We spent around 4 hours scrambling and jumping off cliffs. We saw jellyfish and crabs and learnt about local wildlife and geological features.
It certainly was the BEST day of my holiday.
When we returned to base we even got hot chocolate
Thanks Stramash!Written 13 September 2015
- Ferry to Mull- departed on time, great cafe on board, and chatty staff. Returning from Mull on a smaller ferry, no cafe, but very comfortable transit.Written 14 November 2022
- Small but very interesting way to find out more about the planet and seas surrounding us.aA small coffee shop to finish was good .interactive displays very good.Written 30 November 2022
- Magical place to sit and watch the falls, also great to watch the kayakers tackle the rapids, however the falls are only visible at certain tide timesWritten 24 June 2022
- The museum has a wonderful and eclectic collection of objects from island life over the years. The island itself is beautiful and we enjoyed a happy afternoon there.Written 9 June 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Oban
- The best day trips from Oban according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Oban, Glencoe, Highlands Lochs & Castles Small Group Day Tour from Glasgow
- Whisky Distillery Trifecta - Macallan - Glenfiddich - Glenlivet - Private Tour
- Private Tour of Highlands, Oban, Glencoe, Lochs & Castles from Glasgow
- Speyside Whisky Tour - Three Distilleries Included - Private - 5 Star Reviews
- Private Highland whisky tour - build your own itinerary with a local guide
Oban Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 9:26 am|