Top Attractions in Aviemore
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We were in Aviemore after quite a bit of snow had fallen and there were several inches on the ground at the loch. It was gorgeous! The loch, trees, and the surrounding hills required us to take lots of pictures. The trail is easily followed and well marked. It was bitterly cold when we walked around but it was so beautiful that we wandered for about an hour.Written 26 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Took my sons to Rothiemurcus to shoot clays for the first time. Peter was an excellent coach and my sons thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Hit rate of over 50% - we will definitely be back and would highly recommend.Written 15 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved our day at landmark. Booked in advance so our family ticket was reasonable considering all there is to do inside. Kids loved the rollercoaster and we all enjoyed the nature walks. Tired them out on the adventure playpark before enjoying some food in the cafe. Amazing cakes. My bum felt snug in the bikini fun chairs after the cake. Will return in summer would be even better in nice weatherWritten 11 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Stopped at Loch Morlich on a cold, sunny January day. It was flat calm and the views across the loch were incredible. This must be one of the most photo friendly spots in the UK - impossible to take a bad photo.Written 30 January 2023
- We had a great day skiing here on the 31st. Only the beginner slope was open so it was busy but was still great fun. The magic carpet is a fab addition and runs really well. A massive shout out to the mountain hosts and in particular Ian. I didn’t realise but mountain hosts are volunteers who keep everyone safe on the mountain & Ian had noticed our wee boy was struggling a bit with his confidence so he spent time reminding him of what to do and helping him. He was fantastic and really made our day. Thank youWritten 2 January 2023
- Beautiful spot and something that has to be visited when in the area. Looks amazing and easy to get to. We biked from Aviemore and walked the last part.Written 14 January 2023
- Very helpful staff who told me what to look out for and explained a bit about the birds I could see on the cameras and out in the garden around the centre.
It was a hot day so cold drinks and sandwiches at the centre were very welcome.
I'd go back the next time I'm in the Aviemore area. We walked over from Boat of Garten so we enjoyed the whole woodland walk with its whimsical carvings leading up to the RSPB centre.Written 16 December 2022
- The gent behind the counter was extremely pleasant on my arrival and helped me choose the items I was looking for and was really helpful from start to finish so well done to him thanksWritten 25 July 2022
- We visited Kinrara today for my belated birthday present. Caroline was our tasting guide! It was the only gin distillery tasting we have been on but it was amazing! Caroline was helpful and answered any questions we had! We had a brilliant time and will be back!! Thanks againWritten 28 January 2023
- What a superb time! Spent 3 days in Aviemore over the Christmas period and did the quad biking trekking on the Rothiemurchus estate on boxing day. It was fantastic! We timed it just right and the snow fall was on and it was just magical! It really made our Christmas trip and our guide was great! Definitely Definitely a must do and gonna go back in the summer time.Written 26 December 2022
- I would recommend going there at the very start of your trip, especially if you had a more spontaneous trip like me. The staff was very helpful and gave me useful information.Written 4 July 2021
- I visited on an autumnal Monday morning, and parked at the visitor centre car park. There were plenty of spaces - I believe you could get a hot drink here too, but I'm not sure it was open. There's a variety of trails - I opted for the yellow one, about 45 minutes of walking, which took me down to the loch. A very easygoing walk - perfect way to start my day. There is another cafe on route, and toilets, so plenty of options. I'd visit again, and probably spend more time in the area.Written 27 November 2021
- Brilliant weekend , great atmosphere. Family friendly. 2022 . Book early , hotel and b and b fill up quick. There’s camping at rally . Overall nice weekend to all agesWritten 14 January 2023
- Nice little stop in the middle of a small town. Not much else to do but it was nice to stretch our feet from a long day of driving. good photosWritten 20 January 2023
- Worth a short or long walk round with well marked paths of varying difficulty. If you are a birder then its best in spring or early summer.Written 26 July 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Aviemore
- The best day trips from Aviemore according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Whisky Distillery Trifecta - Macallan - Glenfiddich - Glenlivet - Private Tour
- Cairngorms National Park and Whisky Small-Group Day Tour from Inverness
- Fort George, Culloden and The Cairngorms National Park
- Speyside Whisky Tour - Three Distilleries Included - Private - 5 Star Reviews
- Luxury Loch Ness Private Tour with Local Highland Guide BMW X5 + Whisky Tasting
Aviemore Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 11:27 PM|