- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 440
What travellers are saying
- This is a must visit when in Madrid my daughter and I just loved our time there we ate and drank delicious food and wine/beer🍻 we also met lovely people who we spent time with 😊 we cannot wait to return next year. Highly recommended.Written 29 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- There are sweets in every room and a slide, fun experience for the kids. Multiple colorful rooms and friendly people.Written 25 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Good deals to be found. We didn’t really even haggle. Place is packed at noon. Can barely walk. Still fun but would recommend go when it opens at closer to the end. Shuts down at 2:30, we took a break and them went back and it was pleasant at 2:30 but some stands were closed or breaking down. 2pm would have been perfect. Bring cash if shopping. Some stalls are cash only.Written 10 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We only ended up here because we happened to be staying nearby. If you are in the neighbourhood and are looking for a place to chill for a while, this is pretty cool. There is a restaurant inside and they host shows/ music at night. There’s an open courtyard with some interesting architecture to explore and places to sit and relax away from the busy streets.Written 25 April 2023
- A pleasant neighborhood market, with various kiosks offering ready-to-eat food and ingredients like fish and vegetables. Comfortable for a drink and tapas. Also a larger supermarket in the lower floor.
Not fancy enough to go far out of your way, but honestly more pleasant than Mercado San Miguel, near Plaza Mayor, which has become a crowded tourist trap.
Also enjoyed Mercado de La Boqueria in Barcelona and Mercat Central in Valencia. They're real working markets, so they're usually wrapping up no later than 2 p.m.Written 5 July 2023
- This street was one of the highlights of our trip to Madrid. It might only be a relatively short street but it’s one of the best. It’s a warren of tapas bars, with around 50 or so in the one small area. We started at one end and made our way along them, picking and choosing in a random sort of way. The street follows the curves of the original 12th-century city wall and in some of the bars like Posada del Dragon, you can still see remains of some of the wall.
Our top three places were:
1. La Concha
2. Pousada del Dragon
3. Casa Luca
La Concha was our absolute favourite. A tiny place full of character that served an amazing vermouth cocktail and complimentary tapas. They make their own vermouth which they sell at €12 a bottle. We left with our backpack clinking because we'd bought two.
GETTING THERE: 5 min walk from Plaza MayorWritten 10 December 2020
- Very nice traditional market with food-stalls and restaurants. It is situated in barrio Salamanca, one of the richest neighbourhoods in Madrid, and therefore everything is so neat and tidy that it almost doesn't feel like a real market. But the stalls and restaurants are fine and the products the sell as well.Written 22 July 2023
- This is a HUGE store! The variety is amazing as well as the prices but be prepared to spend quite awhile here and maybe even get lost here!Written 17 June 2023
- This was an interesting small local market with a mix of food vendors and small restaurants. The vendors products were divers and interesting and if you like local markets this was a good one.Written 20 May 2023
- This house is very elegant
You pay 8 euros
But you get to see a lovely palace
Is located in front of CibelesWritten 10 July 2020
- Modern Mall at a Train/Metro Station. I was here to catch a train and since I arrived ahead, I looked around the Mall. It featured typical mall options, places to head, brand/flag outlets etc. Nice place to hang out.Written 30 April 2020
- Was recommended this from a friend. A place with several drinking and food establishments inside. Most focused on drinks.Written 29 May 2019
- Many shops and variety of purchases. Good prices (depending of brands).
Also variety in food and beverages, but with medium quality.Written 25 January 2020
- Worthwhile visit of an exibition about the holocaust - a lot of exhibits - mostly well known fotos and items - a small Spanish element and well put togetherWritten 3 February 2019
- Hi everybody. The Plaza de los Pintores is a plaza in the heart of Madrid where local artist gather and show their paintings. Sorry to say that at the moment the plaza isnot open due to the virus. They hope to re-open soon.Written 5 December 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Madrid
- These experiences are best for shopping in Madrid:
- Private Activity with a Shopping Professional in Madrid
- Entrance to the Traditional Flamenco Table and Tapas in Madrid
- Vintage Fashion Walk with a Stylist
- Guided tour of the Thyssen Museum in Madrid, entrance fees and pick-up at the hotel.
- Routes for artists and designers workshops