- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
5 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We bought a 4 day eurorail pass for Spain. Should have just booked days we need when we needed. There was no advantage of pre-purchase the pass. All trains require you to also buy a seat reservation after you have your pass. But there is no way to book your actual seats on line. You must go to train station and wait in line. We waited over an hour and no guarantees that you will even get a seat on the train you want. We ended up on a later train in the last few seats they had. Our one train had no air conditioning and was a 2.5 hour ride. It was a horrible experience.
As advice, I would suggest have some flexibility with your train travel. Be prepared to wait in line to get your seat reservation. We may have not taken one of our train trips if we hadn't bought the eurorail pass already for the 4 days. The best time for shorter line was first thing in morning. Also, you do not need a Eurorail pass for Madrid to Toledo.Written 28 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Metro experience was very good. Managed to go around Madrid easily. Very straight forward signs and easy too use machines.Written 23 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- First Class Price and 2nd class services:
Since when did they start charging for drinks? Also worst WiFi ever on a system like this. London Tube 10X as fast. I’m going to fly. MAD-BCN next time. Not worth it.Written 15 October 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Cercanias were for me, more comfortable than the normal metro trains. Perhaps also because they tend to head towards less densely populated parts of the city.Written 29 April 2020