- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
500 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 500
What travellers are saying
- If you're in Madrid, don't miss this wonderful park. It's enormous and provides a respite from the busy streets around. There are miles of paths as well as monuments, a lake where you can hire a rowboat and a few little outdoor dining patios. Lovely.Written 30 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Crowded with Madrilenos and tourists alike, the Gran Via is a must to experience. It is more crowded than a Manhattan thoroughfare, and that's saying a lot. It's great for people-watching and a bit of shopping if you're int that kind of thing.Written 30 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must do, obviously- a great way to get anchored in Madrid when you first get there. I liked the quaint entryways as much as the Plaza itself.
As you likely have read, though, don't eat at any of the restaurants in the Plaza as they are all tourist traps. Shame there are no decent places.Written 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- nice quarter for the afternoon, a lot of posh shops along with the usual brands, lots of restaurants and cafe's aroundWritten 8 June 2022
- Nice place to wander around with nowhere in mind to go...lovely streets with some quaint buildings and some amazing paintings on sides on housesWritten 6 June 2022
- Quick stop with lots to see and admire. Go during the day, and don't miss it at night. There is something simple and magical about being there... Great to walk around!Written 30 June 2022
- I saw so many mixed reviews about the Mercado in Madrid. It is touristy. It is crowded. But we had an absolutely wonderful time. We loved looking at all the different types of foods, cuisines, treats, wines, and more. We went back for late afternoon tapas. We had a bottle of wine and some of the better Iberian ham, Jamón ibérico de bellota (acorn fed) and yes, it was pricey, but it was so good! The Mercado has a fun and lively atmosphere and lots of choices. Go with the flow and enjoy!Written 30 September 2022
- A great open space with a wide trail for walking, running, or cycling. There were a number of smaller playgrounds along the route and you really only have to cross 1 major road along a 6km stretch. We rented a family cycle from Eco Moving Sports at an hourly rate and joined the crowd along the river.Written 13 November 2021
- Perfect stop. While walking through the Parque del Buen Retiro we saw the glass building and decided to stop by. The palace photographs great and is a must-see when in Madrid.Written 12 September 2022
- It's a beautiful place.And specialy for lovers un LOVE.Very romantic. Else for go with Friends.
Very secure place .Is like a farie tale.Amazing.Written 12 May 2022
- This is one of those places where you can get lost in it forever.... every turn, every corner, every street is just magical. So many cute shops, restaurants, buildings with so much history!!!! You might get tired from looking up so much... don't miss all the details in the pretty buildings!!!!! Just walk!Written 30 June 2022
- After several previous visits to Madrid, Puerta del Sol seems to be the center of all activities in town. We pre-booked a hotel half a block away just to be close. But when we were there in early September, most of Sol was blocked off, since there was major construction and resurfacing being done, Fortunately all the shops, stores and restaurants around Sol were open for businessWritten 30 September 2022
- The tour guide told us about it, it's a pitty you don't feel that literature atmosphere anymore, just some poems on the ground, sad... but still nice.Written 9 July 2022
- The cathedral is beautiful, it's different from the ones I have been to before. I especially loved the ceiling. The comission was free. There were A LOT of tourists.Written 17 July 2022
- The park is beautiful, there is also a beautiful viewpoint of Madrid just a few metres from the Templo. However, we were not able to go in, because we came an hour and a half or more before the closing and the line was just too long. Make sure you get the right information about the working hours, when we visited, they were open only until 19:00 and not 20:00 as it says on some websites. But I must say, the staff were really nice and let us know in advance, we might not be able to get in and apologised for it.Written 17 July 2022