- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
75 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Kiku Matsuri at the Japanese Garden was a delight this year. Due to the sunny warm autumn weather we enjoyed a great visit and enjoyed the autumn foliage and displays of chrysanthemums and other floral creations.Written 30 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This a nice area to have a bike tour. The abbey is big and impressive. You can drink something on the terrace of the 'Paardenstallen'.Written 23 July 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice to learn how Jenever is made. Very friendly staff. At the time we went there (july 2021) there were a lot of pinballmachines in the museum, as a temporary exhibition. With the entrance ticket you get a free tasting at the end of the tour!Written 25 July 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Biking in and around Hasselt is fun. I often bike along the Canal Albert and around Bokrijk. It usually takes around 1-2 hours to go from the center to Bokrijk and getting back.Written 18 June 2017
- I was surprised how much I liked Plopsa Hasselt. Lots of fun things to do for children, very well maintained and clean.Written 2 April 2019
- We visited this museum on a very hot day. The heat was a bit in the museum because there was no air conditioning. Some interesting things to see but overall a bit short for our English-speaking friends.Written 29 July 2022
- My wife and I went to pukkelpop, the music was varied and excellent, the staff helpful and kind, My wife's disabled and they were great.
The food was expensive all paid by tokens, burger 4 tokens, chips 1 token waffle, remember it's belgium, 1 token. cost of tokens 15 euros for 5. €12 for a burger!!
I totally recommend it, if you're disabled don't be put off, let them know, go and enjoy itWritten 20 September 2018
- Of the many cathedrals we visited in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany this was by far my favorite. The black and white marble contrasted with gold is striking and gorgeous. I could have sat and stared for hours at all the beauty housed inside this most holy site.Written 25 August 2019
- I like this church. At first suterday of each month you can get a gids and climbing to the top of the church to see the bells and the city vieuw from above.Written 9 September 2019
- Entering itself that smell of lovely lavender attracted me .Small lovely farm.Loved it.They have their lavender products also.Written 8 July 2018
- We went there just to look around and walk the dogs. Great place, very nice eco garden and lots to do for kidsWritten 12 February 2020
- A small museum/based in an old house - free. Worth a visit if you are interested in the town Hasselt (note not in English but you may have to request audio from reception). Interesting regarding Hasselt's trades such as clocks, sliver ornaments, buildings/old hotels - I found interesting. full floor re religion - not my thing. however ground floor maps/history of Hasselt going back in time / how it has gradually changed.Written 22 March 2017
- I always attend each exhibition here. De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est, but I find every exhibition surprising, fresh and unique. The whole building itself is always used as a living and ever changing backdrop for the artworks. Expect installations, video, performance and only a rare painting or "classic" piece of art.Written 21 May 2015
- We went on a walking and tasting tour of Hasselt and one of our stops was across from here, our guide explained that this is the old town hall, mostly used these days for weddings etc.Written 12 October 2019
- We enjoyed a sunny day at this relatively new swimming pool in Hasselt. They are located near the Japanese Garden and Plopsaland and within walking distance of Hasselt's city centre. There is free parking along the road.
You pay a low fee of just € 2.50 (4-18) / € 3.50 for adults. There is a good variety of both indoor and outdoor pools, plenty of changing rooms, lockers and two outlets for snacks.
We enjoyed a great day of water fun at this swimming pool and will be back!Written 14 August 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Hasselt
- The most popular things to do in Hasselt with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Hasselt on Tripadvisor